Clash of the titans Raith v Arbroath

6 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Get that on the changing room walls emoji23.png

I'm sure professional footballers won't give a shit what some random on a rovers message board has to say about them.

Dissing the wall pinning is a pinnable offence.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We finished something like 16 points ahead of Arbroath from last season, and we had a worse manager and (in my opinion) a worse squad. While they've added some good players, I'd be amazed if Arbroath continue at their current rate. While Arbroath have had a great start to the season, I think we'll reap the benefit of full time in a way which we didn't last season. Smith basically had us struggling playing long ball football. McGlynn seemed intent on Saturday to get us with the ball on the deck. If we play in that manner, with the resources we have, I'd be hoping we can start making progress.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nobody heard of sarcasm nut

Was a shite comment from that boy though, we've got a squad perfectly capable of dealing with suspensions and injuries regardless of what time of year it is

I think the reference to ‘winter’ time is pointing out that suspensions are more likely later in the year as bookings tot up.

You lot may be fortunate and avoid it but most sides go through at least one period a season when vital players are missing for whatever reason. If Arbroath have the strength in depth for this not to effect them as they romp to the title then great.

I don’t watch Arbroath every week and can only go by results and what I read but I don’t think there is any issue in suggesting Arbroath will post some poor results over the course of the next 25/30games and at some point (hopefully teatime Sat) your players won’t feel somewhat invincible as they might now

I think the reference to ‘winter’ time is pointing out that suspensions are more likely later in the year as bookings tot up.
You lot may be fortunate and avoid it but most sides go through at least one period a season when vital players are missing for whatever reason. If Arbroath have the strength in depth for this not to effect them as they romp to the title then great.
I don’t watch Arbroath every week and can only go by results and what I read but I don’t think there is any issue in suggesting Arbroath will post some poor results over the course of the next 25/30games and at some point (hopefully teatime Sat) your players won’t feel somewhat invincible as they might now

We have been poor a few times already this season. Brechin should have beat us at home and we were very poor for the majority of the Stenny game a few weeks ago. 4 fortunate but very welcoming points

The pressure is certainly back on the Rovers for this game. If we had being going to Starks with Smith or Cuthbert in charge there would have been a expectation of taking points from this game. With a new manager in and a big result last week Raith will be under big expectations of taking all 3 points. Even though we're top I think this will take the pressure off players a bit and we can go out and play some good football and hopefully get a result.

The pressure is certainly back on the Rovers for this game. If we had being going to Starks with Smith or Cuthbert in charge there would have been a expectation of taking points from this game. With a new manager in and a big result last week Raith will be under big expectations of taking all 3 points. Even though we're top I think this will take the pressure off players a bit and we can go out and play some good football and hopefully get a result.

Disagree. Think there’s a good bit of pressure on Arbroath. You’re the team with the lead to blow. Lose here and we’ll be breathing down your neck.

Being a huge fish in a tiny pond we are expected to win every game and should embrace this. Under Smith it felt as if he was scared of this.  With the right mentality from the management the players should be brimming with confidence and hungry to go out score goals and dominate the minnows we face every week. 

I don't think we'll romp to any title I don't even think we will win the league but in the overall squad I don't think it could be any better for this level, were probably just short of 1 versatile defender

Saturday was one of the very few occasions in the last season and a bit where we actually demonstrated what we are, a full time team in a part time league.

Play like that most weeks and we’ll almost certainly win the league, but dip below that often enough and Arbroath have a squad which is more than good enough to take advantage.

I do expect us to win on Saturday because we have the better starting XI, but not by much.

Tom O’Brien, Bobby Linn and Jason Thomson would all get a game in their respective positions for us, and a few others wouldn’t be too far away.

1 hour ago, relichtie said:

..............dominate the minnows we face every week. 
C'mon lichtie minnows.

Wee Lichtie Minnows grow into big smokies............................ya Haddies..........

1 hour ago, He's Got No Hair said:

Being a huge fish in a tiny pond we are expected to win every game and should embrace this. Under Smith it felt as if he was scared of this.  With the right mentality from the management the players should be brimming with confidence and hungry to go out score goals and dominate the minnows we face every week. 

Love the Billy big time Lino’s you are playing in the seaside league on merit. You beat what can only be described as a very poor Dumbarton team in a gale force wind ,now your world beaters. You couldn’t even muster a corner in 90 minutes against East Fife with these world class players you have come on the smokies.

4 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

Love the Billy big time Lino’s you are playing in the seaside league on merit. You beat what can only be described as a very poor Dumbarton team in a gale force wind ,now your world beaters. You couldn’t even muster a corner in 90 minutes against East Fife with these world class players you have come on the smokies.

Some claim neebur............mon the fife.........great 2-2 draw well done....

Come back when you can actually beat us. Until then you’ll forever be our bitches.

Archived