Clash of the titans Raith v Arbroath

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you'd asked any Rovers fan about this game last week, they'd have had very little confidence about it. But after the week we've just had, there's every reason to be looking forward to next Saturday. Not every game will be as straight forward as today, and while Dumbarton have an excellent squad they're riddled with injuries and Aitken had a midfield which was exceptionally slow.  I'm a lot more confident now given how well we played today. It'd be lovely if we went a point behind Arbroath after drawing so many games and playing poorly in the first round of fixtures.  

Hopefully, the return of McGlynn and our three new signings should increase the interest a bit. There's been a bit of a buzz from people I know who'd stopped going to games after the end of last season and the way we've been playing. 

21 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Always confident with our back 4 and keeper

I'm interested to see how Thomson is on Saturday. He loved going forward with us, but on his wing he could be facing Flanagan and Crane who are both good at attacking. Throw in Vaughan and Nisbet moving about, I'm hoping we'll be able to provide a difficult test.

7 minutes ago, A.K. Barr said:

I’m scared of these lofty heights... pull us back down.

no matter the result the super lichties will be top at 5pm so GIRFUY.

See yas in the novar ya fife hooors. X

bring a smokie with you.........x

You said this last year

Zzzzz

In fairness, I wouldn’t be firing off comments like little c there, however, we did take four points out of six against you at Stark’s Park last season, with your solitary point coming from an injury time equaliser, so that’s not a great riposte from yourself.

In fairness, I wouldn’t be firing off comments like little c there, however, we did take four points out of six against you at Stark’s Park last season, with your solitary point coming from an injury time equaliser, so that’s not a great riposte from yourself.
Also, their equaliser at Gayfield came on the back of a speculative decision for a corner.

All in the past now. Play like we did in our first half against Dumbarton and we'll be fine.

Also, their equaliser at Gayfield came on the back of a speculative decision for a corner.

All in the past now. Play like we did in our first half against Dumbarton and we'll be fine.

Are you expecting it to be windy again like???

Someone’s ‘0’ has gotta go...

Unless it’s a draw

This time last week I was dreading Dumbarton followed by Arbroath now I can’t wait for Saturday. The feel good factor back at Starks and Arbroath flying high should make for a good game. 5-1 at the rock followed by victory on Sat will really put a marker down and give the players the confidence and belief to go on wee run with any luck 

Archived