Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Redcar

Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Recommended Posts

Everyone just seems to have in the towel at Berwick.....I fear for you lot.


Right now I’d take Jimmy Thomson back for a third spell. That’s how bad it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I actually think BR are going to pull it off and stay up!!
 
Gut feeling tells me BR have one win in the tank and it will be against AR!!
 
Hope then the board will make a change and get the right man in to take over first team duties.
 
JH will con another committee into giving him a job in the juniors or Lowland League then spend thousands on average players and give contracts to relatives of the family who aren’t good enough!!
 


It isn’t happening. Certainly not under this clown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MDM said:

A point to note about Harvey's successful path - his right hand man at the time was Keith Wright (Ex-Hibs striker)

Could it be that Keith was the brains behind the project and now that he's gone; Harvey's been exposed?

As for boards lack of action.  When Harvey brought a senior citizen into the changing room to try and motivate the players to realise how much Berwick mean to the supporters etc.  That was basically Harvey admitting he no longer could.  The board should have recognised that fact.

And as for player turnover.  Harvey is well know as being arrogant and hard to get on with.  It's his way or the highway.  He's chased players from all the clubs he's been at because they didn't buy in to his ways.  At Berwick the only players he could convince to join him at aren't good enough.  What makes him (and others) think that this will change next season?  

Don’t usually comment on other boards but never found JH arrogant and hard to get on with actually a nice guy !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I produced a rant on Saturday then deleted it. Tried to enjoy my day yesterday, but that interview is horrendous.

I was fully supportive of him for months but he should have gone about a month ago, then certainly after Annan. I find it amazing the decision hasn’t been made and there’s seems to be another fan talk with the manager on a Wednesday looking forward to next season.

I’m not even sure who’s in charge. The chairman, the chairman elect, or if its a collective decision to just do nothing. I know there’s a lack of alternatives, but these players clearly aren’t playing for him. They barely make a noise on the pitch and just look resigned to their fate. There’s still a few decent players there, Adamson, See, Blues, OKane, Brydon, Forbes etc. Surely there must be someone out there who can organise a team for a few games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Enigma said:

Why don’t Berwick just join the English pyramid?

Why don't Raith just rename themselves Kirkcaldy FC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TheWayOver said:

I am a casual viewer if P&B and enjoy using it to keep up with well informed news and insights from the fans in the lower Scottish leagues. I do not follow a team as I have always played therefore not had the opportunity and in turn do not post on here.

However, I just had to set up an account to say that Fergie1 is the clearest example of a former player that has a grudge against the Berwick Manger, Jonny Harvey. I find it incredibly sad that he is utilising this forum trying to make himself out as a Berwick fan - which you are  not. Funny how your account was only made live Jan this year and almost all your posts have been personal or about Mr Harvey.....the timeline suggests you are maybe an ex Berwick player who was released this season and most likely from the Edinburgh area - how else would you know so many intimate details about the Berwick manager? It is quite sad TBH.

I really like Berwick and hope you pick up some results over the next 3 week's and stay in the league. The fans and club are excellent down there and there is a good history - which would be a huge loss to Scottish football.  Anyway, I will keep a keen eye on your scores over the next 3 weekends.

Fergie1....away and concentrate on the finding another club and stop embarrassing yourself.

Cheers.

Might be worth putting a punt on Fergie1 being the recently defenestrated Emperor of the BRFC Twitter feed &/or close family members. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Berwick Obama said:

Might be worth putting a punt on Fergie1 being the recently defenestrated Emperor of the BRFC Twitter feed &/or close family members. 

That's a nice new addition to my English vocabulary, smashing.

As an aside, it feels like the number of Berwick fans in this thread has doubled over the past few months, even if they come in for just a post or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Crafty Dafty said:

I actually think BR are going to pull it off and stay up!!

 

Gut feeling tells me BR have one win in the tank and it will be against AR!!

 

Hope then the board will make a change and get the right man in to take over first team duties.

 

JH will con another committee into giving him a job in the juniors or Lowland League then spend thousands on average players and give contracts to relatives of the family who aren’t good enough!!

 

Exactly what i see happening as well! Fingers crossed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

That's a nice new addition to my English vocabulary, smashing.

As an aside, it feels like the number of Berwick fans in this thread has doubled over the past few months, even if they come in for just a post or two.

So is this place a closed book for people who joined before a certain date? Surely with the talk on the terraces and people probably referring to this site, people have become aware of it, and I’ll hold my hands up a place to post your thought anonymously without causing any friction between the guys and me who I stand beside on a Saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why don't Raith just rename themselves Kirkcaldy FC?

Aye, “dancing in the streets of Kirkcaldy” sounds better than “dancing in the streets of Raith”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

So is this place a closed book for people who joined before a certain date? Surely with the talk on the terraces and people probably referring to this site, people have become aware of it, and I’ll hold my hands up a place to post your thought anonymously without causing any friction between the guys and me who I stand beside on a Saturday. 

Wasnt complaining or judging, just an observation on my part. If anything more fan engagement is a good thing and I welcome all the new folk! Even if it seems to lead to finger pointing.... so far people have been accused of being

  • Johnny Harvey
  • Johnny Harvey's maw
  • Johnny Harvey's extended family
  • Disgruntled players that were let go this season
  • Disgruntled players that previously played for Harvey
  • Dom the Social Media Guy
  • Dom the Social Media Guy's dad
  • Dom the Social Media Guy's extended family

Been a good laugh though, and lord knows we could use a few laughs at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, “dancing in the streets of Kirkcaldy” sounds better than “dancing in the streets of Raith”


But then we’d have to listen to every football program outside of Scotland say Kir-Call-day as everyone outside of Scotland is incapable of pronouncing Kirkcaldy. Bugger it lets get league teams in Milngavie and Kirkcudbright and give Soccer Saturday a challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BerwickMad said:

I produced a rant on Saturday then deleted it. Tried to enjoy my day yesterday, but that interview is horrendous.

I was fully supportive of him for months but he should have gone about a month ago, then certainly after Annan. I find it amazing the decision hasn’t been made and there’s seems to be another fan talk with the manager on a Wednesday looking forward to next season.

I’m not even sure who’s in charge. The chairman, the chairman elect, or if its a collective decision to just do nothing. I know there’s a lack of alternatives, but these players clearly aren’t playing for him. They barely make a noise on the pitch and just look resigned to their fate. There’s still a few decent players there, Adamson, See, Blues, OKane, Brydon, Forbes etc. Surely there must be someone out there who can organise a team for a few games.

Noticeably whilst the Qp directors all sat together in the Enclosure Stand looking like an undertaker's stag do, Berwick directors were sat separately with family and friends all over the main stand. You get the feeling the boardroom isn't a happy place atm either 

Edited by dougster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good luck to JH and Berwick. He is totally correct. As long as he is still in the position, he has to be positive and everyone at Berwick needs to be positive. It might still end up in relegation, but you never know. Hard as it might be, it's too late now to say what should have happened.
Everyone at Berwick needs to be positive and get behind the team for as long as you can still achieve survival. You all have to believe you will make it and cheer the team on. Being negative at this point is no help at all. When the season is over you can complain all you want, but doing so now just digs you deeper into a hole.
You still have three games to go including the vital home game against Rovers. I don't know what formation JH favours, but he should take risks next week away to Clyde and go on the attack. No point hanging back and losing anyway. Be positive. Look what Alloa have achieved in recent games against full-time teams. 
You need a big support for the Rovers game. Let everyone in for a few quid if you have to or free with a donation if they choose. Make as much noise as possible and roar the team on. It's all you can do.
Well said. I really don't know how JH or anybody else can motivate a team when the so called supporters are undermining him in public. Shut up and back the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noticeably whilst the Qp directors all sat together in the Enclosure Stand looking like an undertaker's stag do, Berwick directors were sat separately with family and friends all over the main stand. You get the feeling the boardroom isn't a happy place atm either 

Not sure I’d look too much into that. It’s always happened as far as I’m aware. Plus they’re doing jobs individually as the game starts and around half time. A little sense of urgency wouldn’t go amiss though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, A12A1 said:
On 13/04/2019 at 21:36, PELE said:
Good luck to JH and Berwick. He is totally correct. As long as he is still in the position, he has to be positive and everyone at Berwick needs to be positive. It might still end up in relegation, but you never know. Hard as it might be, it's too late now to say what should have happened.
Everyone at Berwick needs to be positive and get behind the team for as long as you can still achieve survival. You all have to believe you will make it and cheer the team on. Being negative at this point is no help at all. When the season is over you can complain all you want, but doing so now just digs you deeper into a hole.
You still have three games to go including the vital home game against Rovers. I don't know what formation JH favours, but he should take risks next week away to Clyde and go on the attack. No point hanging back and losing anyway. Be positive. Look what Alloa have achieved in recent games against full-time teams. 
You need a big support for the Rovers game. Let everyone in for a few quid if you have to or free with a donation if they choose. Make as much noise as possible and roar the team on. It's all you can do.

Well said. I really don't know how JH or anybody else can motivate a team when the so called supporters are undermining him in public. Shut up and back the team.

Give it a rest JH and leave our club please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A12A1 said:
On 13/04/2019 at 21:36, PELE said:
Good luck to JH and Berwick. He is totally correct. As long as he is still in the position, he has to be positive and everyone at Berwick needs to be positive. It might still end up in relegation, but you never know. Hard as it might be, it's too late now to say what should have happened.
Everyone at Berwick needs to be positive and get behind the team for as long as you can still achieve survival. You all have to believe you will make it and cheer the team on. Being negative at this point is no help at all. When the season is over you can complain all you want, but doing so now just digs you deeper into a hole.
You still have three games to go including the vital home game against Rovers. I don't know what formation JH favours, but he should take risks next week away to Clyde and go on the attack. No point hanging back and losing anyway. Be positive. Look what Alloa have achieved in recent games against full-time teams. 
You need a big support for the Rovers game. Let everyone in for a few quid if you have to or free with a donation if they choose. Make as much noise as possible and roar the team on. It's all you can do.

Well said. I really don't know how JH or anybody else can motivate a team when the so called supporters are undermining him in public. Shut up and back the team.

We have been all season!!! perhaps its time the manager and team done their job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well said. I really don't know how JH or anybody else can motivate a team when the so called supporters are undermining him in public. Shut up and back the team.


You must be on the wind up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I really don't know how JH or anybody else can motivate a team when the so called supporters are undermining him in public.


Because that’s his job but sadly for Berwick it looks like he couldn’t motivate a nympho to shag.

He is undermining himself by pulling stunts like asking fans into the dressing room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...