Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

1 hour ago, A12A1 said:
2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

The final score was 6-0 FFS, that’s all that matters. You sound as bad as the manager creaming yourselves over how good you were in the first half. If you lose 6-0 it tends to cloud over the first half performance.

Yes it does tend to cloud over things initially, but whatever we do in life we all have our 0-6 days. It is not 'all that matters'. What matters is that we pick ourselves up off the floor and get behind the team. There's only a month to go now. The first half showed what they can do. We need to cheer the team over the line.

There's only been a single 6-0 in the league this season....

I would be surprised if someone could go back in the records and find a previous 6-0 that was 0-0 at half time. That's how flukey it was.

‘We all have our 6-0 days’ [emoji23]

Someone stated it was Annans biggest league win, and they managed to do it in one half of football. We’re supposed to be scrapping for our lives and they’re pretty much safe in their position. It was an absolutely disastrous result on the back of a number of others.

24 minutes ago, A12A1 said:
49 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I would be surprised if someone could go back in the records and find a previous 6-0 that was 0-0 at half time. That's how flukey it was.

If we had won a lot of games of football and where at the top end of the table you could argue the fact it might have been a fluke, like when we beat Peterhead that was clearly a fluke. But based on the fact we just got tanked 7-1 couple months back and the fact Clyde hit the woodwork 7 times as well as scoring 3 times in 1 game, I’m afraid it’s anything but a fluke. And the fact it all happened in 1 half makes it even worse. 

50 minutes ago, A12A1 said:
1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Peterhead beat Elgin 7-0 last season with the score being 1-0 at half time.  That count?

Interestingly enough the current Bonnyrigg Rose manager seems to be getting off lightly here. He talked a good game as much as Harvey has but left early enough  ? Did he foresee this mess  ? Looking at the future it could be a matter of time before Bonnyrigg are actually playing Berwick in the same league whether SPFL or LL  ? 
Maybe this is naive but whether or not Horn could see it coming, I'd sooner he resigned and allowed someone the chance to save it. He, like Harvey, wants the best for the club. Harvey has had the backing and time to get his own men and make his own mark on the squad. My opinion is that there's been no improvement from those additions. As above, Harvey will want us to stay up. He clearly still feels he's the best man to do that but a statistic like 1 win in 21 is damning and its natural to doubt whether that's the case.

As has been covered, it's not the time for personal attacks, but absolutely the time to consider what is best for the club and what gives us the best chance of staying up.

I've shared my personal preference and would be more confident under those circumstances, but the reality is there's no guarantee either way. Where some feel we can finish 9th, I think we're nailed on for relegation if we don't twist at all. There's no way of knowing definitively what is best, but I feel there's enough evidence to suggest sticking would be sleepwalking.

On a slightly different note, I absolutely agree with Bri . Though things behind the scenes might be more amicable, it also still seems very much reactive and complacency clearly still exists. It certainly doesn't feel as though, as a collective, they possess the same sense of urgency our support are showing on here on a daily basis.

Interestingly enough the current Bonnyrigg Rose manager seems to be getting off lightly here. He talked a good game as much as Harvey has but left early enough  ? Did he foresee this mess  ? Looking at the future it could be a matter of time before Bonnyrigg are actually playing Berwick in the same league whether SPFL or LL  ? 
The one thing that surprised me was that Harvey must have spoken to Robbie Horn before taking the job and would be well aware of the behind the scenes goings on.

I get that everyone wants a crack at league football but has his confidence/arrogance (delete as appropriate) gotten the better of him here.

When Bonnyrigg were looking for a new manager (when Horn left for Berwick and before he came back) Harvey was expected to be in the running but I understand it was the players who put a stop to it actually happening.

You are clearly at the wind up. Six flukey goals [emoji23]

I think it’s clear that with the exception of Jonny himself @A12A1 and an other, all fans have lost all faith in him. 

The reality is though the board will do absolutely nothing about this, and the only way to make them take action would be to boycott the remaining games, ofcourse nobody is going to do that as we all want to give every last bit of support we have to hopefully push the lads over the line. For me it is nothing more than complete laziness from the board. As soon as that final whistle went on Saturday they should have been actively seeking to bring somebody in. It’s clear as day that the players have also lost all faith in him or either can’t stand him, which wouldn’t surprise me the way he has chopped and changed his team and almost victimised some players, the captain and goalkeeper being made the scapegoats after previous drubbings. 

Seriously what the hell is happening behind the scenes at Berwick? Dropping into non league football would be a death knell for the club. They could never afford a big promotion push to get back. The crowds I would guess would be 100, maybe 200. But nowhere near the 500+ crowds they get now. They would very quickly become a forgotten footnote in the consciousness of Scottish football fans, lost in the oblivion that is the Lowland League. For goodness sake they should be moving heaven and earth to make sure they stay in the league. Show Harvey the door now. His word can not be trusted. Any manager will keep spouting unrealistic positives in the blind belief they are the best man for the job even when the rest of the world can clearly see they’re not. Get anyone else in, in the hope of that new manager bounce. It’s never been this desperate before so the board should be acting desperately and doing anything it takes to keep the club in the league. All I see is a club meekly walking to its death with barely a whimper. 

That’s an absolute belter of a post, this guy has to be on on the wind up?

31 years I’ve been watching football, I’ve seen a lot of flukes in that time, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen any team fluke a 6-0 win [emoji23]

I'll back the board on this; we as fans don't know the full picture, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, we don't know what the board and Harvey are telling eachother, what the finances are, what everyone thinks.

It's easy to assume the board is lazy, but the fact of the matter, which goes for every boardroom out there, is that there is much more at play than 'Oh we can't be arsed to sack him'.

4 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

I'll back the board on this; we as fans don't know the full picture, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, we don't know what the board and Harvey are telling eachother, what the finances are, what everyone thinks.

It's easy to assume the board is lazy, but the fact of the matter, which goes for every boardroom out there, is that there is much more at play than 'Oh we can't be arsed to sack him'.

What else can it be then? Baring in mind we are staring relegation/club existence square in the face. I dread to think where we will be in the next 3/4 years if we do get relegated. 

7 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Easy option there, release a statement either back him or sack him. either way it would send a message to us. they do care what's going on

Well said. It's easy to criticise when you don't know all the facts and don't have the responsibility. In the end the board are fans too. Why would they do it otherwise?

16 minutes ago, gogsy said:

How many 500+ crowds have they had this season. According to this link its 6/19 and the ones that were 500+ included attendances of 501 and 507 . According to this link https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/258655-average-attendancewatch/&page=2&tab=comments Berwicks  league average was 449 before Saturdays game. Are they going to lose 250-350 of that lot because of relegation? If they do  probably says more about the fickleness of the Berwick Rangers support than anything else

If you believe 449 are going to regularly turn up for LL football you’re insane. Any club would lose a chunk of fans the lower they go.