Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

I believe JH is the man for the job. We need to get behind him. Carping is no good to anyone.

JH did not dig the hole the club is in it was there when he arrived. He had a good record in his previous job so the notion he can't motivate a team is absurd. The team is miles better than when he arrived but their luck has been abysmal.

The first half today was great. I don't know what JH said to them at half time but there is no way he could have foreseen how the second half was going to start so it's not his fault. If the first goal had come
at the end of the first half rather than beginning of the second he would have got them sorted. The timing was just sheer bad luck again.

I can't see Albion avoiding defeat in their next two games against Peterhead and Edinburgh. So that means they have 2 games left to save themselves and we have 4.

So it's not all bad! Cheer up!

(And so far as I am aware Jose Mourinho is unavailable).
Hi Johnny.

That result might be the kick up the arse that Berwick need to fire them up for next week against QP. 

QP have nothing really to play for, so if Berwick put the effort in they should take the three points. 

I think people are being a bit harsh on JH. I very much doubt anyone else would improve things.

It is also into silly season now, with Peterhead looking good for the title and the last promotion play off position almost secured. This is when you get some unpredictable results, with some teams just going through the motions. Real missed opportunity for Rovers today.

I'm really hoping Berwick Rangers stay up but with this kind of defeatist attitude about the club, I fear you're going down.

I hope we stay up too Mr Daft. I said this after we had just lost 6-0 today. Ipso facto, reasonably accurate as opposed to defeatist.

1 hour ago, A12A1 said:

I believe JH is the man for the job. We need to get behind him. Carping is no good to anyone.

JH did not dig the hole the club is in it was there when he arrived. He had a good record in his previous job so the notion he can't motivate a team is absurd. The team is miles better than when he arrived but their luck has been abysmal.

The first half today was great. I don't know what JH said to them at half time but there is no way he could have foreseen how the second half was going to start so it's not his fault. If the first goal had come
at the end of the first half rather than beginning of the second he would have got them sorted. The timing was just sheer bad luck again.

I can't see Albion avoiding defeat in their next two games against Peterhead and Edinburgh. So that means they have 2 games left to save themselves and we have 4.

Jonny knee exactly what situation the club was in before he took the job for 1. The current run of results/performances has absolutely nothing to do with the board, so that has to stop as an excuse. The reason it has nothing to do with the board is because Jonny has recruited 10/11 players since coming in which to me tells you the board has backed him. And regardless of most opinions that we are actually a lot worse, FACTS/STATS would actually tell you we are a lot worse since his arrival. 

Ofcourse it’s just purely bad luck that we have been beaten by a SIX (6) goal margin twice in the space of a couple months. 

For me it’s irrelevant what Albion are going to or will do in their remaining games, going down 6-0 when the club/us are relying on them going out there and at least showing a bit fight and scrap, We haven’t put a glove on your opponents in the last 2 games. We have been ahead of them all season, they have picked up 10 points from their last six games yet according to you and @A Believer they won’t pick up any more. 

1 minute ago, Fergie1 said:

Jonny knee exactly what situation the club was in before he took the job for 1. The current run of results/performances has absolutely nothing to do with the board, so that has to stop as an excuse. The reason it has nothing to do with the board is because Jonny has recruited 10/11 players since coming in which to me tells you the board has backed him. And regardless of most opinions that we are actually a lot worse, FACTS/STATS would actually tell you we are a lot worse since his arrival. 

Ofcourse it’s just purely bad luck that we have been beaten by a SIX (6) goal margin twice in the space of a couple months. 

For me it’s irrelevant what Albion are going to or will do in their remaining games, going down 6-0 when the club/us are relying on them going out there and at least showing a bit fight and scrap, We haven’t put a glove on your opponents in the last 2 games. We have been ahead of them all season, they have picked up 10 points from their last six games yet according to you and @A Believer they won’t pick up any more. 

Do you think he should get the elbow?

21 minutes ago, PELE said:

QP have nothing really to play for, so if Berwick put the effort in they should take the three points. 

They had nothing to play for today, either, and won 4-0.

I'm impressed with Johnny's interview today, but if we reduce it to halves, we have been absolutely outclassed in 4 of the last 5. 

Annoys me that the long suffering fans get criticised for being negative after 10 years of utter bollocks. I doubt he will be sacked, because he and the Directors will cling to the Peterhead result and 1st half today, as proof that the team can play. Understandable, but when we are bad - which is most of the time - we are worse than we have ever been before. 

Maybe Johnny needs some help. (What do his coaches bring to the party?) But I doubt he will get any. 

Next Saturday, as usual, the faithful will be on the terraces and will go potty with joy if we win. If QP do to us what they did to Albion, expect more anger. It is normal. 

A 6-0 defeat is sheer bad luck? [emoji23]

6 minutes ago, Redcar said:

They had nothing to play for today, either, and won 4-0.

I'm impressed with Johnny's interview today, but if we reduce it to halves, we have been absolutely outclassed in 4 of the last 5. 

Annoys me that the long suffering fans get criticised for being negative after 10 years of utter bollocks. I doubt he will be sacked, because he and the Directors will cling to the Peterhead result and 1st half today, as proof that the team can play. Understandable, but when we are bad - which is most of the time - we are worse than we have ever been before. 

Maybe Johnny needs some help. (What do his coaches bring to the party?) But I doubt he will get any. 

Next Saturday, as usual, the faithful will be on the terraces and will go potty with joy if we win. If QP do to us what they did to Albion, expect more anger. It is normal. 

If the Berwick players want it enough, they should beat QP. 

2 hours ago, The Crafty Dafty said:

Blah blah blah same old shite

By the way... terrific actor!! 

All jokes aside, for everyone involved/ connected, I really do hope Jonny and the team can salvage this, I come on and almost hope I jinx the team in a weird superstitious way at times and hope I can follow it up with some humble pie, but that’s yet to be the case. The board isn’t going to act now but if we do manage to stay up he has to go at the end of the season. Never mind our results, his interviews are becoming a laughing stock. 

31 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Teams give up when there is nothing to play for typically remember when we beat raith 3 nil and Nish got a hat trick. We still went down.

You'd be mistaken for thinking ours gave up a long time ago with everything to play for.

Inviting a fan into the changing room to tell the players how important it is to have Berwick Rangers as a “league club”.....does nobody else find that a bit embarrassing? That’s clutching at straws stuff and if I was a player in that dressing room, I’d be absolutely raging at your illustrious leader for doing that.

4 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Inviting a fan into the changing room to tell the players how important it is to have Berwick Rangers as a “league club”.....does nobody else find that a bit embarrassing? That’s clutching at straws stuff and if I was a player in that dressing room, I’d be absolutely raging at your illustrious leader for doing that.

Oh no, I think that was actually a fine move by Harvey. If you as a player just got your arse beat 6-0 by Annan the least you can do is look a lifelong fan in the eye. Most if not all of the players aren't fans themselves, so let them see what BRFC means to the people who support it day in, day out.

There's plenty to criticize Harvey for on the pitch, so we needn't grasp at straws by belittling him for trying something different to motivate/inspirate his players.

13 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Listen. He was an absolute arsehole as manager of Edinburgh United. Even bigger so at Haddington and then his move to Penicuik made him practically unbearable. He’s shafted every club he’s been at (financially) in a relentless attempt to reach the top.

You all seem surprised that his interviews are a cringe fest yet thats been the case for well over 4 years. I remember a video he commissioned back in his Edinburgh United days that would make anybody’s toes curl.  Zero integrity. Zero humility. Zero class. Inviting a supporter into the dressing room has got to be the final nail. Not a player in their right mind is gonna think that is even close to acceptable. It’s embarrassing. 

He’s grasping at straws and is out his depth. Get out while you can. 

7 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
1 hour ago, PELE said:
If the Berwick players want it enough, they should beat QP. 

Berwick lost 7-1 to QP the last time they played them.

Exactly. That's why they should try to make amends this time. It's hardly a major effort to beat a QP team with nothing to play for.

13 minutes ago, TheGeneral10 said:

Listen. He was an absolute arsehole as manager of Edinburgh United. Even bigger so at Haddington and then his move to Penicuik made him practically unbearable. He’s shafted every club he’s been at (financially) in a relentless attempt to reach the top.

You all seem surprised that his interviews are a cringe fest yet thats been the case for well over 4 years. I remember a video he commissioned back in his Edinburgh United days that would make anybody’s toes curl.  Zero integrity. Zero humility. Zero class. Inviting a supporter into the dressing room has got to be the final nail. Not a player in their right mind is gonna think that is even close to acceptable. It’s embarrassing. 

He’s grasping at straws and is out his depth. Get out while you can. 

I disagree. Bringing a fan in is spot on. Why the hell shouldn't the players listen to what it means to the guy? Maybe JH has been poor elsewhere. I can't really comment on that, but his heart is in the right place. So good luck to him. Better than the dinosaurs who usually have these jobs.