Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Just catching up on p and b after a busy week.
Quite funny this social media saga, the more Dom speaks, you just know the club have made the right decision. 
Questioning why John hasn’t spent more time appealing a decision to the SPFL sums up this joker. 
Why would the club want  to broadcast the current stage of proceedings. 

Thought that was a fair point, there is absolutely no precedent for awarding 3-0 wins to the opposition over an issue like this. Hearts were awarded 2 points out of 3 in the league cup for similar.

Anyway Clyde have now appealed the decision so let’s see what happens. But struggling to understand the disinterest of some at Berwick over such a controversial and potentially crucial decision.

14 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Thought that was a fair point, there is absolutely no precedent for awarding 3-0 wins to the opposition over an issue like this. Hearts were awarded 2 points out of 3 in the league cup for similar.

Anyway Clyde have now appealed the decision so let’s see what happens. But struggling to understand the disinterest of some at Berwick over such a controversial and potentially crucial decision.

Believe me there is plenty of interest in this from Berwick. Good luck to Clyde. 

15 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Dom has hit back: https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-league-2/berwick-rangers-twitter-admin-hits-15981960

Quite enjoying this saga, especially the bit where the vice chairman tells Dom to take the tweet down five minutes before the end of the match, so that no ones sees it. :lol:

Not sure that "Dom" comes out of this story as well as he thinks he does.

Edited by craigkillie

54 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Not sure that "Dom" comes out of this story as well as he thinks he does.

Yeah playing all sides - one minute a volunteer who did hours of free work with no thanks, the next the club's Social Media manager and the one in touch with the youth as all the old farts don't understand social media - bit of a patronising c**t if you ask me.

Having said that - the whole thing sums up how football clubs want to control everything, why shouldn't we know what is said between the dugouts.  Everything is kept in house at all levels of the game with fans the last to know. I'd suggest everyone behind every dug out in the country should now tweet everything that they overhear.

As for the comment about inconsistency following previous decisions on ineligible players maybe someone in the 'sports communication industry' should understand that rules change - a decision made years ago doesn't necessarily apply now

1 hour ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Yeah playing all sides - one minute a volunteer who did hours of free work with no thanks, the next the club's Social Media manager and the one in touch with the youth as all the old farts don't understand social media - bit of a patronising c**t if you ask me.

Having said that - the whole thing sums up how football clubs want to control everything, why shouldn't we know what is said between the dugouts.  Everything is kept in house at all levels of the game with fans the last to know. I'd suggest everyone behind every dug out in the country should now tweet everything that they overhear.

As for the comment about inconsistency following previous decisions on ineligible players maybe someone in the 'sports communication industry' should understand that rules change - a decision made years ago doesn't necessarily apply now

He comes across as a look at me type who is more interested in themselves than the club.

4 hours ago, Redcar said:

Fantastic. Thanks for that! 

Good job they didn't have a keeper. 

You're welcome, I've had the VHS video for about 18 months. 

2 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Good fun seeing that, you should post it in the Ross County thread too.

Done.

Could have done with Coff at that time to fix the roof!!

14 hours ago, Coogs said:

José Mourinho still seems to be struggling to get work, reckon we could entice him to come to the Costa del Berwick

If only to allow the press to use the headline "José and the Pussycats" when Berwick lose meekly... 

1 minute ago, Chris_the_rover said:

So its went from every 1 thinking is poor from the club to everyone thinking hes a fanny in the space of 5 days haha

I think quite a few folk always thought he was a fanny to be fair:lol:

“He told us: "John said that I was asked to remove the tweet at 4:45pm, but that's misleading. If you look back at the game updates, the match ended at 4:52pm. So unless the players were on Twitter whilst playing and he was running up the wing beside them, how could that be true”

Jesus.

As a complication, remember that Queen's drew with Clyde. A replay raises the possibility that QP could lose the point they won fair and square as well as the two they were awarded.

As a complication, remember that Queen's drew with Clyde. A replay raises the possibility that QP could lose the point they won fair and square as well as the two they were awarded.
This place would go into meltdown if we were ordered to replay both games and Clyde won both.