Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

If you don’t win on Tuesday you’d imagine there would be a lot of pressure on the board to take action. To not win against Albion, Cowden and Queens Park at the business stage of the season would be alarming.

Find it amazing that people don’t think a change in manager can change fortunes with the same players. Being unable to set  a team up and not winning a game in months is unforgivable. A competent manager could easily come in and make this dross hard to beat. 
I am an Accies fan and despite yesterdays shambles Brian Rice has made a huge difference already. He made a big difference in his first game.

A positive, organised manager can change things for the better very quickly.

49 minutes ago, sammyreidloyal said:

So, now we have all had 24 hours to digest, what's the next step?

I'm surprised the wind hasn't changed for Harvey and he's been given the boot already. Actually, surprised he hadn't resigned as his record in 2019 is absolutely dreadful. 

2 Questions for the Board. First, do they really think Harvey's team - now without the experience of O'Kane and probably Brydon can suddenly start winning, either in Div 2 or against a high flying Lowland/Highland side ? (Does anyone think that?) 

Second, is there any manager out there with the experience to get more out of this team? If so, go get him cos the answer to Q1 is most obviously 'no' 

I am an Accies fan and despite yesterdays shambles Brian Rice has made a huge difference already. He made a big difference in his first game.

A positive, organised manager can change things for the better very quickly.
I know you and Muzzle mean well, but please, you don't watch my team play, nor understand how hard it is to get 'competent' players, let alone managers, commit to Berwick. Change would have to be quick, and an improvement; otherwise it'd be typical football ill-consieved knee-jerk.

The hard working and unified management /team dynamic I see (but neither of you do) could be lost if the unit is disrupted; not for me.

On 16/10/2018 at 19:40, leg end said:

If he isn’t there manager at end of next season it will probably be cause a bigger team as came in for him..... he is anything but full of himself. What he is tho is he is professional, driven, and a winner. He knew when he started out where he wanted to go in management and what it would take to get there and he’s done exactly that, has to be applauded in my eyes. Good fit for both parties.

This has aged well. 

This league need experience in players and managers alike, whatever non league players some think are great signings are not, I would say of the 10 Harvey has drafted in only 1 is up to it and that will always be the ratio in my eyes because of the step up ( hard to believe watching league 2 I know but still true)
We are on the cusp of oblivion and the last 2 managerial appointments have the responsibility in my eyes for this and those who appointed them.

As I see it we've got a mini-season of 9 games still to play. We should look at it as a fresh start, clean slate, whatever.

We start 2pts ahead of Albion Rovers. We've an extra game than Albion Rovers (against QP). We don't have to play Cowdenbeath - they don't have to play Stirling.

We've the same number of home games left but the head-to-head is at Shielfield.

It's clearly a time for deep concern and a steeling of resolve, but not for panic.

3 hours ago, Fergie1 said:

Looks like the officials where told to maybe try and even up the mistake made by the sfa awarding Albion 3 points. Not sure how he’s not given offside for our goal 

170DA26D-0E23-4825-86B4-CE9C58B6E489.png

A few frames earlier and clearly onside......well his left leg was anyways lol

Snapshot 1 (10-03-2019 15-21).jpg

22 minutes ago, Hallowed Turf said:

A few frames earlier and clearly onside......well his left leg was anyways lol

Snapshot 1 (10-03-2019 15-21).jpg

I hate the offside rule nowadays At higher level especially with VAR coming in they have it down to a players bloody finger nail. But if the shoe was on the other foot here I would feel hard done by purely based on the linesman’s position. And could you imagine Jonnys interview had that been for the cowden goal  

1 minute ago, DutchBorderer said:

http://www.strawpoll.me/17582287

<iframe src="http://www.strawpoll.me/embed_1/17582287" style="width:680px;height:342px;border:0;">Loading poll...</iframe>

In all seriousness, Based on your poll if we can get a victory on Tuesday then excellent, stick by him and let’s all get behind him. But if we get beat I really do think he must go before saturdays game. There would be plenty of experienced managers out there out of a job who would probably love the job as a chance to prove themselves again. Whether that be on a short term basis long term, either way ensuring our league status is imperative. 1 or 2 wins is all it’s going to take it’s common knowledge across the footballing community a new manager can give a fresh spark, new lease of life whatever you want to call it and I think that happened when Jonny first arrived. 

4 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

In all seriousness, Based on your poll if we can get a victory on Tuesday then excellent, stick by him and let’s all get behind him. But if we get beat I really do think he must go before saturdays game. There would be plenty of experienced managers out there out of a job who would probably love the job as a chance to prove themselves again. Whether that be on a short term basis long term, either way ensuring our league status is imperative. 1 or 2 wins is all it’s going to take it’s common knowledge across the footballing community a new manager can give a fresh spark, new lease of life whatever you want to call it and I think that happened when Jonny first arrived. 

Only one man for the job time for the return of the Cough.

4 minutes ago, sammyreidloyal said:

My original question was partially whether JH stays but also is there some sort of protest planned! As said on another thread this wouldn't happen to certain SPL clubs. We have been masters of our own downfall, but this really takes the piss

The SPL ceased to exist in 2013?