Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

26 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Almost like things were different years ago and things evolve eh.

Nov 2014 Case

Peterhead have been ordered to replay a Scottish League One match against Ayr United after pleading guilty to fielding a banned player.

Reece Donaldson was suspended but played the full 90 minutes of on 15 November.

The Scottish Professional Football League censured Peterhead, ordered a replay and fined them £10,000, though part of that is suspended.

Donaldson is suspended for the replay, the date of which has not been decided.

Peterhead and Donaldson admitted to breaches of SPFL Regulation 21 in the SPFL's Player Registration, Transfer and Contract Regulations.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said the match would be played again "in the interests of sporting integrity and fairness to both sides".

I no interest in any particular club but thought this made interesting reading.  

I’m sorry but using the start of the season boardroom disputes as an excuse for the current showings on the pitch has to stop. 

The current manager has brought in 10 players since his arrival, TEN! If he can’t get his players to perform as you suggest why on earth would we stick with him, we are in serious danger of losing our league status. Something that we will never retain again if we are to go down. 

If you believe the rumours flying about the stands today he was getting his jotters had we got beat last week, we are now in a worse position that what we would have been if we got beaten last week. 

I’m sorry but using the start of the season boardroom disputes as an excuse for the current showings on the pitch has to stop. 
The current manager has brought in 10 players since his arrival, TEN! If he can’t get his players to perform as you suggest why on earth would we stick with him, we are in serious danger of losing our league status. Something that we will never retain again if we are to go down. 

If you believe the rumours flying about the stands today he was getting his jotters had we got beat last week, we are now in a worse position that what we would have been if we got beaten last week. 

Agree 100% with this.

10 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

How could a new manager benefit this squad in our final 9 games?

If it was down to a lack of effort and poor organisation then yes I could see the benefit of change. It’s not, it’s down to a lack of quality so a new manager would make next to no difference with this group.

it’s a case of sweating it out profusely over the final 9 games I’m afraid. Shitting it.

2 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

How could a new manager benefit this squad in our final 9 games?

If it was down to a lack of effort and poor organisation then yes I could see the benefit of change. It’s not, it’s down to a lack of quality so a new manager would make next to no difference with this group.

it’s a case of sweating it out profusely over the final 9 games I’m afraid. Shitting it.

Tend to agree that you can't change manager every 5 minutes, or in March. 

But I disagree that this team has "organisation".  Today was an organisational shambles, real schoolboy stuff with no obvious plan and everyone racing around in their own little bubble. 

Of course a new manager could change it, the new manager has JUST realised Hume is shite! Just realised Murphy is Better than most options in the middle. And as a known fact most of the players can’t stand him as with most of the other managers in the league, comments from mcdonagh post match wed saying Harvey’s previous post match interviews was all the motivation they needed on Wednesday. 

A new manager would hopefully have the same effect as when he arrived with 2 wins because they were quite clearly a fluke. 

Find it amazing that people don’t think a change in manager can change fortunes with the same players. Being unable to set  a team up and not winning a game in months is unforgivable. A competent manager could easily come in and make this dross hard to beat. 

My 100% agree remark was on the blame of the boardroom unrest back in the summer needs to stop. Harvey isn’t the answer long term however changing now would have no positives I’d say so he and his team need to dig the f**k in and battle. Tuesday is massive for us.

3 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

Of course a new manager could change it, the new manager has JUST realised Hume is shite! Just realised Murphy is Better than most options in the middle. And as a known fact most of the players can’t stand him as with most of the other managers in the league, comments from mcdonagh post match wed saying Harvey’s previous post match interviews was all the motivation they needed on Wednesday. 

A new manager would hopefully have the same effect as when he arrived with 2 wins because they were quite clearly a fluke. 

4pts from the last 42 is totally unacceptable. 

Spoke to our captain a few weeks back and he said I honestly don’t know where our next win is coming from. He was being honest and I totally agreed with him. We had Albion as a protection blanket now we don’t.

9 hours ago, dougster said:

Looking round the Leagues where this has happened and i can't ever see a points reversal, Brora got kicked out of a cup in the Highland League as did Sion versus Celtic in the Uefa cup . Sunderland  got caught last year but the points were not given to the other club.

I can't recall any reversal after one of these decisions. Plenty of inconsistency, but not a reversal.

14 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Tend to agree that you can't change manager every 5 minutes, or in March. 

But I disagree that this team has "organisation".  Today was an organisational shambles, real schoolboy stuff with no obvious plan and everyone racing around in their own little bubble. 

Fair assumption mate, respect your opinion about today as wasn’t there. 

Find it amazing that people don’t think a change in manager can change fortunes with the same players. Being unable to set  a team up and not winning a game in months is unforgivable. A competent manager could easily come in and make this dross hard to beat. 
John Coughlin [emoji7]

What do we have to lose changing it then if we don’t know where the next win is coming from because if that where to be the case and we don’t win another game we are down simple as!! And if your saying the captain of the club has no belief that probably speaks on behalf of the rest of the boys in that changing room!! 

I think it’s his interviews that get to me most, cowden should have walked away with three points today, apart from the goal( great goal btw) I can’t remember McGurn having anything else to do all day. And as for okane it was a red card in my book and he should have already been booked probably added reason why the ref went for red.  Yet he still comes out and tries to pull the wool over our eyes suggesting we should have had more than 2 points from last three games. Stop it 

19 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Right now we have our own troubles to deal with.

Spend your time a little more wisely, maybe start by looking at all the illegal irregulaties that happened when McDougall sold Cowden. 

13 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

John Coughlin emoji7.png

What Berwick need is a manager who knows this division, knows exactly what this division requires, and who will instil the basics of defensive organisation and guile into this flagging group. John Coughlin fits the bill, and absolutely adores the club to boot. Harvey is too nice, Berwick need Coughlin to get in about things and rule that dressing room like no other. #Coughl-IN

53415013_261531048116083_8586210533231820800_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=787cd6def7bd2558de190d088bb63ace&oe=5D28610B

8 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

What do we have to lose changing it then if we don’t know where the next win is coming from because if that where to be the case and we don’t win another game we are down simple as!! And if your saying the captain of the club has no belief that probably speaks on behalf of the rest of the boys in that changing room!! 

I think it’s his interviews that get to me most, cowden should have walked away with three points today, apart from the goal( great goal btw) I can’t remember McGurn having anything else to do all day. And as for okane it was a red card in my book and he should have already been booked probably added reason why the ref went for red.  Yet he still comes out and tries to pull the wool over our eyes suggesting we should have had more than 2 points from last three games. Stop it 

To be fair, you were close to breaking through on goal a good few times. If Berwick had been a bit more determined today you could have taken the three points. Something Albion Rovers may well do next week, as we seem to struggle against them. You were almost clean through at one point when Mullen tried to take your player out. He completely missed your guy, but your guy bizarrely stopped running and moaned at the ref for a free kick instead of running on.

What Berwick need is a manager who knows this division, knows exactly what this division requires, and who will instil the basics of defensive organisation and guile into this flagging group. John Coughlin fits the bill, and absolutely adores the club to boot. Harvey is too nice, Berwick need Coughlin to get in about things and rule that dressing room like no other. #Coughl-IN
53415013_261531048116083_8586210533231820800_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108%26_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna%26oh=787cd6def7bd2558de190d088bb63ace%26oe=5D28610B&key=d80f0f653cc46a83fd065754e911d87f2970306bfbfe3d946e55edb7c1407cf0
Ruler at the ready for ballbag measuring. Those with a drooping sack that doesn't hang at least 18cm low will immediately have their contracts terminated. John Coughlin demands players with the balls to keep us up.

Right now we have our own troubles to deal with.
Spend your time a little more wisely, maybe start by looking at all the illegal irregulaties that happened when McDougall sold Cowden. 

Send on your detailed dossier to start the ball rolling

my gut feeling is we need to change, eat a bit of humble pie and get rid.  Bring in an  experienced manager, not  Coughlin, who knows this division.  We must do everything we can to stay up and if that means Harvey goes, so be it