Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

41 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

In Cup competitions it has changed each time as well. From memory Dunfermline scudded Stenhousemuir by 7 goals in a cup game only to replay the tie because they brought on an unregistered player for the last 5-10 minutes. The Shire also fielded an unregistered player in a Cup tie with one of the Highland League teams (Buckie maybe), won the tie but were punished by being knocked out. Obviously Celtic, twice in Europe, and instances in the league which were mentioned in other posts....so it does seem like there are no FIFA/SFA ruling on it and that each case is on a case by case basis.

I just remember our lovely landlords, Spartans FC, being reinstated in cup competitions because the opposition had fielded ineligible players. They even tried this with St Mirren, leading to Buddies fans having a dislike of a club they normally wouldn't bother with. Then one season they beat Culter, but had fielded an ineligible player, and got chucked out the Scottish Cup to much hilarity from the rest of the Lowland League. 

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I just remember our lovely landlords, Spartans FC, being reinstated in cup competitions because the opposition had fielded ineligible players. They even tried this with St Mirren, leading to Buddies fans having a dislike of a club they normally wouldn't bother with. Then one season they beat Culter, but had fielded an ineligible player, and got chucked out the Scottish Cup to much hilarity from the rest of the Lowland League. 

Albion Rovers were one of the `victims`........

Anybody that disagrees with that ask yourself the following question... 

if we are relegated will Harvey stay with us and try and get us back up with a real struggle to attract players or will he jump ship... 

41 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

This guy is absolutely deluded! He must go before it’s too late! 

HARVEY OUT!! 

(my comments copied from the match thread) 

Hard to stomach watching such a desperately poor performance today. 

A game of epic inadequacy that would have shamed several levels below us. Beath are a half decent, well organised side that did what they needed to do for an away point, and with a bit more quality would have nicked all 3. They did OK. 

We, however, were just shite. Do we really train twice a week? Have they met each other? Is Johnny Harvey watching the same game as me? 

We were gifted the ball plenty of times by Beath, and the script was: bad first touch, foul 2nd touch or if we won the 2nd, aimless lump up the wing. 

That was generally agreed in the Ducket as the worst performance by a Berwick team for years. 

I watched a video of Bonnyrigg Rose last week and thought the standard was really poor, confirming Robbie Horn's disappointment to have dropped down a couple of levels. Well, they would handsomely beat us at the moment. 

We have some skilful players, and the manager needs to start taking responsibility for getting them to play as collectively badly as they did today. 

The Spfl have fucked this up big time. We screwed up and were deducted points. But by awarding QP and AR 3 goal wins has seriously endangered Berwick’s position. It’s just wrong. 

Its not as though Fitzpatrick playing led to Rovers losing the game against us. Quite the opposite. Was like playing with a man down. And he was our player anyway, out on loan. I can only assume some idiot didn’t fill out a bit of paper telling the league he was back from his loan spell. 

So we get done and Berwick are the collateral damage when they’ve done nothing wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

What else could they do like?

If it happens in a cup match the game is replayed. Deducting points is fair enough but you can’t suddenly award another team points. This is far from finished.

Edited by Disc Potato

1 hour ago, Fergie1 said:

This guy is absolutely deluded! He must go before it’s too late! 

HARVEY OUT!! 

Genuine question do you really see that happening? 

I don't know what kind of a pay off that would be required to achieve & whether there is someone else in mind, also if all of that was to fall in place and fail it would take brave man quite a gamble. in any event all the best for the rest of the season.

30 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

If it happens in a cup match the game is replayed. Deducting points is fair enough but you can’t suddenly award another team points. This is far from finished.

That’s not true at all, there is no precedent for cup games I don’t believe. League games are totally different anyway - what if the player in question scored all 3 goals in a 3-0 win? 

The Spfl have fucked this up big time. We screwed up and were deducted points. But by awarding QP and AR 3 goal wins has seriously endangered Berwick’s position. It’s just wrong. 
Its not as though Fitzpatrick playing led to Rovers losing the game against us. Quite the opposite. Was like playing with a man down. And he was our player anyway, out on loan. I can only assume some idiot didn’t fill out a bit of paper telling the league he was back from his loan spell. 
So we get done and Berwick are the collateral damage when they’ve done nothing wrong. 

You can't loan a player out and bring him back to play in 1st team outwith transfer window - he can only play in reserves/development fixtures

2 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

That’s not true at all, there is no precedent for cup games I don’t believe. League games are totally different anyway - what if the player in question scored all 3 goals in a 3-0 win? 

Few years ago Brechin had a left back that wasn’t registered and made to replay cup-tie with Hamilton. When they found a second player ineligible, Hamilton were awarded the tie. 

I don't think we should or can fire Harvey; this is his squad for better or worse, and his signings (such as the Penicuick three) won't be too pleased. As for the rest of the lads, they will then get their third manager, and another switchup in terms of tactics, training forms, etc.

Should Harvey be the man to take us into 2019/2020? That, I think, is becoming less and less of a good prospect. If we even survive this season, we cannot afford another 18/19-sized fuckup. Really, we sowed our seeds at the start of the year with the boardroom shenanigans but to be in March and be in this position is just an absolute disaster.

2 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Few years ago Brechin had a left back that wasn’t registered and made to replay cup-tie with Hamilton. When they found a second player ineligible, Hamilton were awarded the tie. 

Almost like things were different years ago and things evolve eh.