Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

12 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Why not? Because you're more than a little donkey-brained? Do you believe that Donald Findlay is an upstanding gentleman?

The point you are making about Donald Findlay QC is also valid about your club as you and your fellow fans laud an individual who sexually assaulted and raped a vulnerable young woman and another player who thinks it is acceptable to racially abuse an opponent.

Are Clyde morally superior to Cowden because the individual who is our Chairman has been guilty of sectarianism and is not simply a paid employee? Who fucking cares anyway !!!!

I really don't see why it's ok to slag Cowden when we were in trouble and not for others to slag Berwick when they are going through a rocky phase. That's football

Edited by CowdenPhil

I’m sorry but friendly or not getting beat 6-2 from Spartans who fielded a lot of youngsters and we had our strongest 11 out is just simply not good enough. Especially after the humping at QP, you would have thought there would have been a bit of a reaction, as I say regardless of it being a friendly. We have simply hit a rapid decline since the departure of Robbie. There is quite clearly unrest amongst the changing room as that just would not be accepted after what happened at QP in a changing room where everyone was in it together fighting for 1 and other. Because the position we are in that’s what it is going to come down to now. Forget pretty football it’s about rolling the sleeves up and being counted. 

10 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

Some great rivalry back in the day. Some very good lads in the Cowden support, Vince Sinclair, big Scottie and Wee Jimmy that sells the half-time draw. Was rooting for you in both playoffs and happy you’re still a league club. It’s in our hands to also make sure we retain our league status. Still love the Cowden away day and that is something that would certainly be missed. 

If it’s going to be between ANY of the SPL2 teams and Cove, give me the SPL2 team every time. All of the Berwick fans I’ve met at games have seemed decent. Do the keyboard warriors even follow the team?

13 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

If it’s going to be between ANY of the SPL2 teams and Cove, give me the SPL2 team every time. All of the Berwick fans I’ve met at games have seemed decent. Do the keyboard warriors even follow the team?

Spfl Club for me every time.

as much as I am enjoying Berwick struggling as they did seeing us at the bottom, I’m always going to support the spfl side against the plastic pitch, 100 fans, Lego ground non league clubs who claim they are going to revolutionise Scottish football.

f**k off !

Just now, Brazilianlex said:

as much as I am enjoying Berwick struggling as they did seeing us at the bottom, I’m always going to support the spfl side against the plastic pitch, 100 fans, Lego ground non league clubs who claim they are going to revolutionise Scottish football.

f**k off !

How are Cove and different to Elgin (granted Elgin’s ground is class) or Peterhead? ‘Lego ground’ is also very harsh on all the ex junior sides that are on the march up the pyramid. 

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

How are Cove and different to Elgin (granted Elgin’s ground is class) or Peterhead? ‘Lego ground’ is also very harsh on all the ex junior sides that are on the march up the pyramid. 

Their management. Worst losers in the Highland League not too popular  with the other teams either. We should all know what they are like.

1 minute ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Their management. Worst losers in the Highland League not too popular  with the other teams either. We should all know what they are like.

Yes I am aware of this but that wasn’t a reason quoted and not the point I’m making.

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

These clubs were voted in by member clubs after the SFA at that time decided to increase the size of the leagues. What happens now is that some clubs can be bankrolled by individuals to gain league status despite very poor support and usually a sympathetic council funded plastic ground.

if these clubs want to progress then that’s fine but it should be a level playing field and they should be paying the same costs as spfl clubs re minimum wage, stewards, first aid, doctors and much more. 

f**k off !

100 fans as opposed to the thousands that support Berwick and Albion rovers?

Lego grounds as opposed to shit holes like cliftonhill?

You sound so afraid of progress, there are plenty of clubs who would bring more to the table than some of the current turds. The sooner they are flushed the better.

8 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

100 fans as opposed to the thousands that support Berwick and Albion rovers?

Lego grounds as opposed to shit holes like cliftonhill?

You sound so afraid of progress, there are plenty of clubs who would bring more to the table than some of the current turds. The sooner they are flushed the better.

Cliftonhill isn't that bad. Sure, it could do with being smartened up, but only a handful of the teams below league 2 have reasonable grounds with the exception of the Highland League.

These clubs were voted in by member clubs after the SFA at that time decided to increase the size of the leagues. What happens now is that some clubs can be bankrolled by individuals to gain league status despite very poor support and usually a sympathetic council funded plastic ground.
if these clubs want to progress then that’s fine but it should be a level playing field and they should be paying the same costs as spfl clubs re minimum wage, stewards, first aid, doctors and much more. 
Yeah because no club has been bankrolled in the SPFL. If you want it to be a level playing field then Cowdenbeath would have to lose a significant portion of the league & cup money they receive every season. The pyramid being introduced was long overdue.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

That's quite a good description of a certain club who are currently mid table in the Premier Division..... :whistle

Cliftonhill isn't that bad. Sure, it could do with being smartened up, but only a handful of the teams below league 2 have reasonable grounds with the exception of the Highland League.

Aye it’s not that bad, I mean only half of it is condemned. . .

23 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Five of the teams currently playing in the Lowland league are playing in grounds that are currently used for SPFL football, another is playing in one which was used in the recent past.

For those in the dark:

Edusport- Galabank
Stirling Uni- Forthbank
Spartans- Ainslie Park
Cumbernauld Colts- Broadwood
The Shire- Falkirk Stadium

The other one is Gretna 2008 who play at Raydale. Last time I was there the modern stand with the green seats behind one of the goals was looking a bit tatty although could be spruced up. 

I quite like Berwick and I quite like Albion Rovers and I actually quite liked Shire... (hypocrite!) There are other clubs I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of, and not just D2 clubs. 

btw- I'm so old I've actually stood on the condemned terrace at Cliftonhill. It was only half condemned back then! 

8 hours ago, gogsy said:

Five of the teams currently playing in the Lowland league are playing in grounds that are currently used for SPFL football, another is playing in one which was used in the recent past.

Yeah,  four ground sharing, which may not be feasible if all were in the league. They don't actually have a ground.