Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Harvey seems well-organised/professional and is doing well in the non-leagues.

Then again so had McGonigal and Horne, and somewhat less so Renwick and Little.

Guys when Mcgonnigal was in charge he had £50 a week to offer player's. 

Not happening 

Harvey started out at Haddington and always came across very ambitious. I’d be surprised if he took the Berwick job right now though. In a couple of seasons they sides could be playing at the same level with Penicuik a, likely, better prospect for signing players. 

7 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Harvey seems well-organised/professional and is doing well in the non-leagues.

Then again so had McGonigal and Horne, and somewhat less so Renwick and Little.

Robbie was doing well in the non leagues as well and both him and Harvey probably had/have comparable budgets to Berwick "down" there. Its  hard situation for Berwick to be in they have to get the right man in or they could well be goosed. Problem is your got the likes of Stirling also looking for  a part time manager which would be a more attractive gig at the moment.

I'm like Brazilianlex I wouldn't really want any of the SPFL sides to drop out having gone through the near experience in the last 2 years, Cowden and Berwick fans have their banter between them but I would much rather travel twice a season to Shielfield than some soulless place like EK or Cove.

12 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Robbie was doing well in the non leagues as well and both him and Harvey probably had/have comparable budgets to Berwick "down" there. Its  hard situation for Berwick to be in they have to get the right man in or they could well be goosed. Problem is your got the likes of Stirling also looking for  a part time manager which would be a more attractive gig at the moment.

I'm like Brazilianlex I wouldn't really want any of the SPFL sides to drop out having gone through the near experience in the last 2 years, Cowden and Berwick fans have their banter between them but I would much rather travel twice a season to Shielfield than some soulless place like EK or Cove.

I’d rather go to Berwick than horrible Cove and I’m only a few miles away from by them.

Your saying there's a soul at Central Park, [emoji23]rarely been to a more soul LESS venue, bottom team should go down by right, then Cowdenbeath would have gone.

20 minutes ago, Slaverysam said:

Your saying there's a soul at Central Park, emoji23.pngrarely been to a more soul LESS venue, bottom team should go down by right, then Cowdenbeath would have gone.

You are right. IF the bottom team went down automatically Cowdenbeath would have gone down. Very good observation and thanks for telling us all something no one had figured out.

Give me a dump like Central Park, Shielfield, Cliftonhill over nonentities like Cove, Spartans, EK etc. Grounds in the middle of no where, no character and not a pub in sight.

25 minutes ago, Slaverysam said:

Your saying there's a soul at Central Park, emoji23.pngrarely been to a more soul LESS venue, bottom team should go down by right, then Cowdenbeath would have gone.

I don't recall saying that I was talking about Shielfield. Berwick is one of the most popular away days for lower league fans. As Muzz says above it has everything EK and Cove don't.

You are right. IF the bottom team went down automatically Cowdenbeath would have gone down. Very good observation and thanks for telling us all something no one had figured out.
Give me a dump like Central Park, Shielfield, Cliftonhill over nonentities like Cove, Spartans, EK etc. Grounds in the middle of no where, no character and not a pub in sight.

Perennial shit teams like Cowdenbeath and Berwick should be replaced by ambitious non league clubs, followed very closely by smart asses like you fella

52 minutes ago, Slaverysam said:

Perennial shit teams like Cowdenbeath and Berwick should be replaced by ambitious non league clubs, followed very closely by smart asses like you fella

Ambitious clubs with a shite plastic pitch and a a ground with a wee Lego stand and a fence on 3 sides that holds there 50 fans. The future of Scottish Football right enough.

cue the usual  enormous potential pish !

Ambitious clubs with a shite plastic pitch and a a ground with a wee Lego stand and a fence on 3 sides that holds there 50 fans. The future of Scottish Football right enough.
cue the usual  enormous potential pish !

Christ better than horrible crumbling bowls where you watch the game from miles away and maybe have all of 100 people there, ye that's the way forward for Scottish football

4 minutes ago, Slaverysam said:

Christ better than horrible crumbling bowls where you watch the game from miles away and maybe have all of 100 people there, ye that's the way forward for Scottish football

No one in the SPFL has a crowd of 100 , the LL on the otherhand some clubs would dream of such a crowd.

3 hours ago, Slaverysam said:

Hi “Sam”. Who are these ambitious clubs? I feel you don’t have a clue what you are talking about and are some bitter individual who has an axe to grind.