Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Jfc.

I have a huge respect for anyone taking up a post as a director at Berwick - or elsewhere at this level of football - for it is a most unenviable task. As such, I also fully respect and accept George's decision to leave.

HOWEVER

I find the timing of this announcement highly unfortunate, given that we are just three days away from what is the single most important set of matches Berwick Rangers have had to play in decades. This sends the wrong signal to fans and players alike - I appreciate honesty and the timely informing of stakeholders, but this should have waited about ten days to be released. You know, until after it could have an on-field effect?

Edited by DutchBorderer

You are right Dutch. Just another Indication of the power games going on behind the scenes in the Corporate office whilst the Company quietly goes tits up. 

The third power grab in one season. An absolute disgrace. 

You just have to believe and give it your all Berwick. If the scousers can come back from that tonight, then you guys can take care of Cove over two games.

Not sure the bookies agree though most offering around 1/2 for cove and getting as high as even 5/1 for us this weekend. 

It’s worth noting that Cove were 4/5 when the match was originally priced up on Sunday night but the sheer volume of money on them has shifted the price to 1/2.
Bet365 moved from 4/5 to 8/13 on Sunday night, and Betfred were limiting people to £100 max on Monday.

1 minute ago, Silverton End said:

It has to be a worry that Mitch Megginson has been scoring for fun up at Cove the past few seasons & Berwick can't buy a goal lately.

Good luck fellow black & gold wearers

He is all they have 

someone has to take one for the team and seriously do him early doors. Cynical but there is a lot at stake for Berwick.

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

He is all they have 

someone has to take one for the team and seriously do him early doors. Cynical but there is a lot at stake for Berwick.

Fair point, I cannot condone harming an ex-Son though :P

On 23-2-2019 at 01:08, tamthebam said:

at least he gives scope for a  play off song if required...

I never felt more like Cameron Blues,

Because I never thought we'd ever lose

To Cove..

Lucky guess or oddly prophetic? You decide.

The SC and ST stepped in last year to sort out the mess of the amateurish summer coup. Any chance they can explain what the feck is going on now? 

Are they behind whoever is backing the new boss? Are they concerned that a major influence/fairly new Director has resigned? Have they been asked to pop down the Masonic Lodge for a chat? 

Really pisses me off. Couple all this relentless Boardroom dross with witnessing match after match after match of the most excruciatingly inept on-field shite, and I'm afraid that I ain't going to drag my arse up to Aberdeen and stop the night in some crappy hotel. 

A year ago, and in any of the previous 36 years, I would have set off by now.

I hope my team defies the odds, but this shambles is so debilitating I'll stick to Twitter and the 2nd leg. Sad. 

He is all they have 
Take one for the team and risk being down to 10 men?That make's sense right enough just what Berwick need.As for the Cove team I know you two don't get on much after the rammy last year, but they do have a good team all round it's not all about Megginson.

9 days until the end - 138 years of Berwick Rangers down the pan - Take a bow all you Directors (even the ones who have recently resigned and the members of the failed coup)

You have done a great job - what a legacy you have left,  no-one else can be blamed but you, you can blame JH but you appointed him, the buck stops with you!!!

Are you concerned? no!

All we have is a faint hope that we will overcome a competent highland league side, who, unlike us can score goals, I want to be proved wrong and I will back the team until the end, but the reality is we've got little chance, its too late, something should have been done much sooner to avoid this situation.

How can a team that's lost so many and failed to score, have the confidence to beat a team on the up, they may be a league below, but I think they will be too much for us, in our current state.

I really want to be wrong, but...…………….

ITS LOOKING LIKE - LIGHT OUT, ALL OUT...…...GOODNIGHT!!!!

1 hour ago, mo83 said:
22 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:
He is all they have 

Take one for the team and risk being down to 10 men?That make's sense right enough just what Berwick need.As for the Cove team I know you two don't get on much after the rammy last year, but they do have a good team all round it's not all about Megginson.

I don’t get the love in between Montrose and Cove. Seem a few of you like them to come up.  The only thing they will bring to the league is money. Soul less stadium, no fans just like Edinburgh city. Will just spunk money to get players from other  Clubs. Where is the improvement over a spfl team who at least have a history and have a fan base that genuinely cares about their team and town. 

To be replaced by yet another team from a city that doesn’t need another  senior team. Would be wasted on here but there is a social impact on provincial towns if teams are to drop out of the senior leagues to be replaced by yet more city teams.

15 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I don’t get the love in between Montrose and Cove. Seem a few of you like them to come up.  The only thing they will bring to the league is money. Soul less stadium, no fans just like Edinburgh city. Will just spunk money to get players from other  Clubs. Where is the improvement over a spfl team who at least have a history and have a fan base that genuinely cares about their team and town. 

To be replaced by yet another team from a city that doesn’t need another  senior team. Would be wasted on here but there is a social impact on provincial towns if teams are to drop out of the senior leagues to be replaced by yet more city teams.

The teams from the “provincial towns” have the same opportunity, if not better options than a new-start city team.

At least these team have an identity, namely a town name, that resonates with people from that wee town, and the lurking support is created. Potentially another season ticket one day, where as new city teams are lost in the noise.

I haven’t lived in Penicuik for 22 years, before the team reformed, but put “Penicuik” in any team name and I’m there, my wee town n that!

In Berwick’s case, they have a great support, amazing potential and run by a shower of dinosaurs who have slowly milked the club to death. Yes, Berwick should have an SPFL team but they’re own incompetence has got them here

Edited by Spyro

I couldn’t give a monkeys if they’ve got Mystic Meg or Mitch Megg. This is about us performing over two legs, giving it our all, having the belief we can win this tie and retain our league status. 

The league season is over, needs to be erased and concentrate on a cup final played over two legs. 

Come on Berwick, you can do this. 

6 minutes ago, Spyro said:

The teams from the “provincial towns” have the same opportunity, if not better options than a new-start city team.

At least these team have an identity, namely a town name, that resonates with people from that wee town, and the lurking support is created. Potentially another season ticket one day, where as new city teams are lost in the noise.

I haven’t lived in Penicuik for 22 years, before the team reformed, but put “Penicuik” in any team name and I’m there, my wee town n that!

In Berwick’s case, they have a great support, amazing potential and run by a shower of dinosaurs who have slowly milked the club to death. Yes, Berwick should have an SPFL team but they’re own incompetence has got them here

To be replaced by the next Gretna with hobby money from a few oilmen.

12 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I get what you're saying, but by reading posts from the Berwick guys on here, their position is self inflicted.

It's no fault of CR that Berwick are in a mess

As for bringing money to the  table...... it's the way of the footballing world  . Has been for a generation and more. 

Too many clubs over the years were reliant on pools money( dont know if that still the case?) and a cup tie against one of the bigger teams to keep them afloat.

As for the Montrose /Cove love in, that will probably fall by the wayside when they start competing , not only on the park, but for player signings, too.

Especially as Cove has signed Fraser Fyvie!

are you sure about Fyvie to Cove?  The position of the Cowden fan base ref Cove is due in no small part to their knowing that the ref kept them in the game/league with absolutely shocking performance in the second leg, they can go on about it being 0-0 in 1st leg but that was just one of those days when the best team can't buy a goal.

on this forum there's some who would like to see Cove (and EK beforehand) promoted as they were less likely to wait around in lower divisions happy to survive on handouts etc and there are others (above) who are perhaps a little jealous of the sound financial position of other teams who they know will challenge hard when and if they enter the league.  City of Aberdeen won't actually have a senior team when the Dons move to Westhill, Aberdeenshire and not sure how you can state that the city doesn't need another senior team - Dundee with smaller population and less wealth has had 2 for decades!!  Cove fans (and those of future teams trying to enter via pyramid) will have as much affection and loyalty to their teams as those who (oftentimes due to the lack of relegation from leagues) have bounced around in the lower leagues so get rid of the history snobbery please....

and cowden fans, the refs won't always be on your side...

are you sure about Fyvie to Cove?  The position of the Cowden fan base ref Cove is due in no small part to their knowing that the ref kept them in the game/league with absolutely shocking performance in the second leg, they can go on about it being 0-0 in 1st leg but that was just one of those days when the best team can't buy a goal.
on this forum there's some who would like to see Cove (and EK beforehand) promoted as they were less likely to wait around in lower divisions happy to survive on handouts etc and there are others (above) who are perhaps a little jealous of the sound financial position of other teams who they know will challenge hard when and if they enter the league.  City of Aberdeen won't actually have a senior team when the Dons move to Westhill, Aberdeenshire and not sure how you can state that the city doesn't need another senior team - Dundee with smaller population and less wealth has had 2 for decades!!  Cove fans (and those of future teams trying to enter via pyramid) will have as much affection and loyalty to their teams as those who (oftentimes due to the lack of relegation from leagues) have bounced around in the lower leagues so get rid of the history snobbery please....
and cowden fans, the refs won't always be on your side...

Lol. What a load of nonsense.