Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

5 hours ago, Pompey Blue said:

What worried me most under Harvey was as soon as the team conceded the game was over. 1-0 soon led to 2-0 and beyond. Hopefully that’ll end now. They may go a goal down in the play offs but for goodness sake stay in the tie and don’t throw in the towel as under Harvey. Still looking bleak but hope is restored just a little. Are there no out of contract players who could make a difference willing to be signed up for 2 games!!!! 

I would simplify this as surely the biggest worry for a BRFC fan under Johnny Harvey  was basically essentially  Johnny Harvey.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I, for one, am shocked that Johnny Harvey has released a seething Twitter statement that mentions how hard he worked and how much time he spent away from his family.

Well that gives you instant membership to the Johnny Harvey Satire Group  with potential leadership options ahead if we can all think the same/believe etc...…………..

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

What about the HL and LL? 

Broadly:

March 31st in HL.

April 1st in LL.

April 1st in EOSL (but triallists = OK in some circumstances).

March 31st in SOSL, including triallists, but goalkeepers and up to 2 free agents (and 2 more aged <20) = OK.

going by a quick skim of their rulebooks online. I think they're actually all the same as some are "by" whereas others are "on or after". It is more complicated than that as there are differences: depending whether player is unregistered or has been released, if so where from, returning from loan, whether subject to international clearance, etc. etc.

Edited by HibeeJibee

I, for one, am shocked that Johnny Harvey has released a seething Twitter statement that mentions how hard he worked and how much time he spent away from his family.

You want to see the texts he’s sending to fans. No wonder he lost some decent players. The man needs care in the community. He’s for the watching is Johnny. Total and utter loonball.

On 02/05/2019 at 14:54, shawfieldman said:

Brownlie was at the recent Clyde game.

I suppose as an ex-Clyde assistant manager (when Alex Smith was the manager) he would keep in touch with the club. 

He was appointed Meadowbank manager in 1994, took a game to turn up, lasted about 3 games and resigned. As this was in the middle of the protests against Bill "Blobby" Hunter's franchising of the club to Livingston perhaps he decided the job wasn't worth having. I like to think it's because he thought Blobby was a fud but that might be wishful thinking... 

Unfortunately Jim Leishman took over and gave the Franchise a media presence they might not have had if Brownlie had remained manager. 

3 hours ago, Ducket Lodger said:

Bloody cold here at Cove 2-0 at half time, definitely Cove in the playoffs, just too much for EK

Never seen Yano here?

We could beat this lot if we could score goals!!!!!!!!!!

If you could score goals, you'd not be in the play off in first place! :lol:

3 hours ago, Ducket Lodger said:

Bloody cold here at Cove 2-0 at half time, definitely Cove in the playoffs, just too much for EK

Never seen Yano here?

We could beat this lot if we could score goals!!!!!!!!!!

Frankly my concern is defence.

We cannot score (last time we scored was 8 games ago on March 19th)... but as importantly - if not more - we cannot keep goals out (conceded 21 goals in last 6 games although today was the "best" since March 23rd only going down 2-0). Clean sheet beating Peterhead on March 19th is our only since November.

Cove have scored 22 goals in their last 8 games and only conceded 2 goals in their last 6 games - the rest being clean sheets.

Unless there is a remarkable turnaround here... from us leaking like a sieve and not being able to hit a barn door with a shovel, and them chucking them in for fun while proceeding unruffled at the back... I'd be content at returning to Shielfield with the tie still alive.

We cannot score (last time we scored was 8 games ago on March 19th)... but as importantly - if not more - we cannot keep goals out (conceded 21 goals in last 6 games although today was the "best" since March 23rd only going down 2-0). Clean sheet beating Peterhead on March 19th is our only since November.

Cove have scored 22 goals in their last 8 games and only conceded 2 goals in their last 6 games - the rest being clean sheets.

Unless there is a remarkable turnaround here... from us leaking like a sieve and not being able to hit a barn door with a shovel, and them chucking them in for fun while proceeding unruffled at the back... I'd be content at returning to Shielfield with the tie still alive.

You can make it to pens on without scoring a goal- clean sheets at least guarantee that nite at the cherry. Goals don’t guarantee anything

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

If it is still alive when you return to Shielfield, I will come down to cheer you on 

Haddington.

Don't tell him this that, its gonna turn into another Bielsa inspired spy gate. Having said that spying on training after this season will just have a 2 word report saying "they're pish"