Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Hate to say it, but your board may just be planning on an assault on the Lowland League with these appointments. Seems awful late n the day for 2 Guys to turnaround the rot against oil barons plaything from Aberdeen ( be surprised if EK get through now). Best of luck. 

Anyone know how long Brownlie and Little are contracted for? 

I'm guessing all next season whatever happens, but the club haven't actually said so. 

Yano's Berwick team played fantastic on-the-deck futty, but were a bit punchless up front. They were really good to watch and capable of actually passing the ball to one another - quite the opposite of what we've seen this season. Brownlie was a bit more "no nonsense" as a player and put together a good side at Cowden. My best memory of him was when his Cowden side turned up in their coach at Canty's Brig pub for a light pre-match lunch. No poached haddock for him though - He spent all his time on the phone to a local bookie. 

Brownlie presumably still has contacts on Tyneside which will help the North-east player connection, and both know the lowland/Central belt clubs too. 

I'm quite happy with this development...... but then again I was happy with Harvey's appointment too!

1 minute ago, Redcar said:

I cannae imagine Yano would have walked away from WW for a three match/16 day contract at Berwick so I imagine it's for next season as well.

There is a slight renewed optimism going into the play offs. We shouldn’t be looking beyond that at the moment. With the 11 players I posted earlier all giving maximum effort and organised and disciplined I believe we have a real fighting chance. I also think EK will turn the tie around, they’re manager reckoned it’s the worst performance they’ve put in this season and they still came away with only a 1 goal deficit. Saturday will be irrelevant in terms of scoreline. The play off games will be a one off where form and everything goes out the window will be a lot of grit and effort! And as I say the 11 boys I posted earlier can produce that I reckon. 

16 minutes ago, the bigger picture said:

Hate to say it, but your board may just be planning on an assault on the Lowland League with these appointments. Seems awful late n the day for 2 Guys to turnaround the rot against oil barons plaything from Aberdeen ( be surprised if EK get through now). Best of luck. 

Who are these "oil barons"?

15 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

I cannae imagine Yano would have walked away from WW for a three match/16 day contract at Berwick so I imagine it's for next season as well.

Deal is for next 3 games only. Obviously will be reviewed after second leg. 

Im another that thinks EK will turn around their first leg deficit sparking a ticket frenzy for K-Park. 

Saturdays result irrelevant, all about getting the team ready to peak at 100% the following week. 

At our best there will be little in the two legs whoever we play, we must hit top standards and not what we have been achieving over the last month in particular. 

A boring 4-4-2, with fight, commitment and organisation and we have a chance. That’s all we can ask for after a horrendous season.  

Edited by Disc Potato

I'm guessing all next season whatever happens, but the club haven't actually said so. 
Yano's Berwick team played fantastic on-the-deck futty, but were a bit punchless up front. They were really good to watch and capable of actually passing the ball to one another - quite the opposite of what we've seen this season. Brownlie was a bit more "no nonsense" as a player and put together a good side at Cowden. My best memory of him was when his Cowden side turned up in their coach at Canty's Brig pub for a light pre-match lunch. No poached haddock for him though - He spent all his time on the phone to a local bookie. 
Brownlie presumably still has contacts on Tyneside which will help the North-east player connection, and both know the lowland/Central belt clubs too. 
I'm quite happy with this development...... but then again I was happy with Harvey's appointment too!

Rumours that Brownlie in particular has been appointed as his friend who is a Berwick man has offered investment into the club.

Finally he's gone!!

So basically there's 90 mins of a training ground familiarisation Saturday against Elgin.

Then its 11 players to face EK or Cove to keep for league status

Well good luck, Mr Brownlie and Yano. Better late than never

Edited by berwicksfinest

I actually feel a bit of sympathy for the board here almost as if they can’t do right for wrong. Yes ofcourse it was too late and the majority know that but late is better than never. They have delivered what everyone has been asking for. And the backlash on social media towards them should be put on hold until after the play offs and see what position we are in then. Right now it really is about everyone getting behind the team to give them every fighting chance come the play offs. 

*Quietly confident for some or some weird reason.*

I've made a similar comment on the Facebook page under the announcement of Harvey's departure, but we need to forget about him and about the board until the evening of May 18th - echoing @Fergie1 's post a bit higher up in this thread. We got what we wanted, nay, what we needed, so any energy we now spend on anything but supporting the boys will be fruitless. Whether the criticism aimed at the board is justified or not, now's no longer the time.

Hoping for a sensible squad line-up v. Elgin, with both Ouzy and Dougie wrapped up in ice packs somewhere in the stands to keep them fresh for Cove/EK. Depending on who does make the squad/bench we'll also know who remains loyal to JH; I imagine Hume won't be seeing any more game time.

41 minutes ago, dougster said:

Another director resigns, board within a board it seems or business as usual to others

Looks like we are going to finish the season where it started, ravaged by boardroom politics.

A new investor has brought in the new manager, the supporters organisations should sell him their shares and give him complete control. At least we would know who is in charge.

Hopefully the latest circus acts doesn't effect the new coaching team or players.

Some questions about the rumoured investment:

(1) Is The Rowan consortium composed entirely of Freemasons?

(2) If you don’t know the handshake, can you still get into the boardroom?

(3) Will there be goats?

(4) How do people feel about the prospect of a mason-majority board?

Dear me. What the feck is going on now? 

Which Director has left, and why? Who is Rowan? What is John Bell's position? Shouldn't shareholders have a say? Can the goats play in midfield? 

A director is leaving? Didn't we have a discussion on announcing these things via the site and social media before the rumor mill and P&B confirmation parade have a chance to get up and running?

Shambles.

But you know what? I do hope the season ends the way it starts - I'll take boardroom troubles preceding an emphatic 3-0 win in the final game.

59 minutes ago, Berwick Obama said:

Some questions about the rumoured investment:

(1) Is The Rowan consortium composed entirely of Freemasons?

(2) If you don’t know the handshake, can you still get into the boardroom?

(3) Will there be goats?

(4) How do people feel about the prospect of a mason-majority board?

the team will enter the pitch to the cry is no surrender.

22 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Ron Polson bringing the hot takes;

image.png.12b058d23f0d306f760048f81f1d7b6b.png

Never mind Johnny got to bring in a dozen signings of his own and let players like Paul and Gary go - and that we are now rock bottom rather than near the bottom.

I'm sure JH is a wonderful man when not getting pumped 0 to 5 by *insert any other League 2 team here*, but his family aren't doing him any favours over on Facebook. This in reaction to the post of ol' Ron pictured above;

image.png.e79bbf915242f7d57d8f28d9e24eb789.png

Good old JH never fails to disappoint. Put out a statement on his twitter and even now he is still pointing the finger. A short and sweet sorry it wasn’t to be would’ve sufficed, but it looks like his is completely incapable of accepting any fault. Grow a set, take it on the chin.