Jump to content
Redcar

Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Recommended Posts

Huge gamble, massive in fact. Let’s hope Jim, sorry John, know something I don’t. Come on DT let’s survive this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Astounded. 

Welcome back Yano, give it your best bud. 

 

He gave it his best at ww alright 1 win in his spell in charge. 

Good luck wi that one  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, newcastle broon said:

He gave it his best at ww alright 1 win in his spell in charge. 

Good luck wi that one  ?

Add into the mix his senior is someone of 67 years of age that hasn’t managed since 2003. 

Hope it works, but fear the worst. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Astounded. 

Colin Hallett must only be 5/4 for the next manager with these clowns in charge.

Welcome back Yano, give it your best bud. 

 

No disrespect to the guy, but he was a massively uninspiring appointment at whitehill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he got us promoted back in the day, he said he would always play a 4-4-2 because at this level players were too thick to play any other formation. Not far wrong I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Harvey gone? Wow guys, it's only, like, what, 10 games too late for that?

I'm assuming all this is true rather than just someone's imagination running wild.

But it is what we all wanted, so even if it is way too late it is still welcome news as far as I'm concerned. I said we would be better without a manager at all than keeping Harvey. 

I doubt if there were many people available to take over so I'm not fussed about the names. 2 very different characters and Brownlie will still have contacts in the North East too. 

I welcome the change. Let's see what the official announcement says about length of contract and let's see what happens on Saturday. 

As for Harvey, he has some  very deep wounds to lick and I hope he goes away and learns a thing or two about humility, before getting back into futty and putting this horror show behind him. 

Edited by Redcar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair points by Redcar - despite how negative my previous post sounded I do believe this change of gaffer to be a good thing.

Now if we could get a historian and statistician in here, I'd love to know where Harvey's record ranks amongst the worst of all manager to have ever graced the SFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No official announcement yet everyone knows, was Gavin Williamson at the meeting?  My only comment is  Berwick board and Parallel Universe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Is his Wikipedia entry legit or sarcastic?!

Honours: "Runner-up in UK Breakfast Fry-up of the Year 2015"...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Brownlie

Somebody just edited it to remove Fatima Whitbread's picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t think it would be right to question any incoming managers. It’s what we have all been asking for, for some weeks now. Hopefully it’s not too late, and the guys can boost the morale and get the spirits lifted. As much as the players have come under a lot of criticism I don’t think they have been performing to levels anywhere near what they are capable of, and that’s down to one man. So any change is positive in my eyes. Doubt JB will read this forum big big chance Yano will, so all the best mate and here’s our best 11:

brennan

cook Brydon Wilson mcilduff

adamson Murphy brown blues 

Barr see 

if all fit get they boys together over the next three training sessions and we may just have a fighting chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally would have taken Zippy and Bungle from rainbow
So will support whoever till you just can’t anymore because of what is in front of you and that happened some 15 games ago with the outgoing manager and his team.
So signed players let’s be having you, please step up to the plate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

Don’t think it would be right to question any incoming managers. It’s what we have all been asking for, for some weeks now. Hopefully it’s not too late, and the guys can boost the morale and get the spirits lifted. As much as the players have come under a lot of criticism I don’t think they have been performing to levels anywhere near what they are capable of, and that’s down to one man. So any change is positive in my eyes. Doubt JB will read this forum big big chance Yano will, so all the best mate and here’s our best 11:

brennan

cook Brydon Wilson mcilduff

adamson Murphy brown blues 

Barr see 

if all fit get they boys together over the next three training sessions and we may just have a fighting chance. 

Decent team if Brydon/Wilson/Brennan/See fit   Think first three were all out last week?  Ian Little if correct in coming did a decent job at Berwick. From memory always played attacking style.   To me I would see him more as the lead role?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tescodave said:

A guy who’s not been in the game for about 15 years and is knocking on 70. 

Technically not true - he was Director of Football or somesuch title at a Junior team about 5 years or so ago.

So I'm sure he'll know lots of players at that level who will be suitable for your LL campaign next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barnstormer said:

 Ian Little if correct in coming did a decent job at Berwick. From memory always played attacking style.   To me I would see him more as the lead role?

WW record played 16 won 1 draw 4 lost 11 (though one was 4 0 aet) for 13 against 38 

Very best of luck wi them stats :unsure2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JB appoints JB in the JB Lounge, Pooooo, I'm off to scitter down the bread isle at Tesco.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...