Redcar

Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Berwick Rangers can confirm that four of our youngest First Team squad members have signed on again for next season. 

Strikers Grant Rose (18, from Jedburgh) and Daryl Healy (22, Dunfermline) and defenders Jack Cook (21, Dunbar) and Aidan McIlduff (22, Glasgow) have committed themselves to the Black and Gold for the new campaign starting in July. 

Manager Johnny Harvey said “Jack and Grant have probably played a lot more football than might have been expected at the start of this season, but the experience will stand them in good stead in their development. Aidan and Daryl have missed some games due to injury, and they’ll be raring to go after the summer break. All four are young guys who work hard in training and are always keen to improve their game, and their attitude has been excellent.”

http://berwickrangers.com/four-sign-on-for-next-season/

Sunday morning- day after the debacle of yesterday. It just seems remarkable that those at helm are willing to keep going with the current shitstorm . Surely anyone with an iota of common sense would think “f**k, lets at least try and save this” you bring someone in and we go down still at least we tried. Literally NO BODY believes JH can win play offs - no one.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”

Madness indeed

Happy to keep all four of those lads, really. Think McIlduff is absolutely fine for this level (League 2, even more so LL) of football, Cook and Healy too. Rose hasn't had the best of luck but he is young and helps with squad depth - eager to see him develop further.

And yeah, chuck JH out now. Please guys. It's okay to admit we were all wrong - let him go so he needn't have the relegation on his CV and we can make space for someone who might galvanize the squad. It's just not working.

Edited by DutchBorderer

How’s Dale’s neck this morning after the Chair Elect grappled him yesterday? Sorry times. I hoped Bell would be a good man at the helm however it isn’t pointing toward that being true sadly. Another clown at the wheel.
I'd love to hear more on this

How do the berwick fans feel about Harvey being given the job over Kevin Harper as they wanted somone with more experience

I have said elsewhere I really hope you stay up great town and great pubs

6 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

How do the berwick fans feel about Harvey being given the job over Kevin Harper as they wanted somone with more experience

A wee, wee, WEE bit silly, really.

There's no telling if things would indeed have ended up differently, but I would gladly bet the farm on it in hindsight. Rovers can breathe a deep, deep sigh of relief and Harper can have the last laugh. Maybe if we ask nicely he can turn off the lights at Shielfield.

40 minutes ago, Hallowed Turf said:

Unless those highlights were very selectively edited it didn't look to me like a 3-0 drubbing. Berwick should have been in front before Rovers scored, and appeared to have as much pressure and more chances. But 3-0 it was.

Who's Rovers' nr 9, caught my eye?

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

Unless those highlights were very selectively edited it didn't look to me like a 3-0 drubbing. Berwick should have been in front before Rovers scored, and appeared to have as much pressure and more chances. But 3-0 it was.

Rovers 9 is Smart Osadlor on loan from Queens Park ex Annan, Stranraer and Clyde

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Rovers 9 is Smart Osadlor on loan from Queens Park ex Annan, Stranraer and Clyde

Looks useful.

17 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Berwick definitely had more chances than Rovers yesterday. Just didn't look like scoring. I think if the can start by stemming goals conceded it will be a good starting point. They just need to try somehow to put the season behind them and start afresh in the playoffs like treating it as two cup finals. Easier said thandone.

14 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Berwick definitely had more chances than Rovers yesterday. Just didn't look like scoring. I think if the can start by stemming goals conceded it will be a good starting point. They just need to try somehow to put the season behind them and start afresh in the playoffs like treating it as two cup finals. Easier said thandone.

Indeed, but it's their only hope.

I have said elsewhere I really hope you stay up great town and great pubs
Why do you keep posting this question? Berwick fans would take Brogan at the minute let alone Harper.

As for the 'fight', total myth. Storm in a teacup stuff.

59 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

As it was, no filter.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Unless those highlights were very selectively edited it didn't look to me like a 3-0 drubbing...

The main difference between the teams from what I can see is that Albion Rovers players appear to have a significantly higher fitness level. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The main difference between the teams from what I can see is that Albion Rovers players appear to have a significantly higher fitness level. 

The highlights flatter us a bit, cos they mostly show  goalmouth action. Albion's passing, movement and control was streets ahead of ours (and they had 15 shots to our 8). Albion looked like they took their foot off the gas in the second half as well.

The free kick at the end which went straight out for a goal kick kind of sums up our time under Harvey: another wasted opportunity!

Smart osadolor

Why do you keep posting this question? Berwick fans would take Brogan at the minute let alone Harper.

As for the 'fight', total myth. Storm in a teacup stuff.
I saw a scuffle in the box was right behind us