Redcar

Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

1 hour ago, dougster said:

Sad day but not surprising. 

I know you couldn't be there today so I'm going to unsurprise you a bit more by telling you that we were piss poor. 

We opened brightly with See and Adamson working well together, but the turnstiles were still twirling when Ousy's hamstring went, so from 10 past 3 onwards we were shite. 

A masterclass of midfield ineptitude, led by Professor O'Kane, constantly handed possession to Albion who gratefully popped in 2 simple goals, and a Gary Phillips penalty after Forbes did his best Bob Wilson impression.  We did have a few chances, but fired all of them straight at their keeper. 

Yet another fully deserved hiding. I have no idea how anyone can imagine that Johnny Harvey will somehow lead this team to a play off win. The evidence  that we wouldn't beat a pub team under Harvey is overwhelming. 

36 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

My final BRFC post ever,  I’m done.

Supporters direct have a lot to answer for, they gave false belief to people with no money and no idea  on how to run a football club.

15 years ago I said this was madness, today proved my point. 

f**k the lot of you. 

Sad that after 308 posts it's come to this BUT bearing in mind I've said for the last 14 years that you're a total spud I now realise you were right all along :unsure:.

3 hours ago, Fergie1 said:

Again players mums on FB calling he manager a joke 

Most Tinpot Thing in Scottish Football forum for this pish

17 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Sad that after 308 posts it's come to this BUT bearing in mind I've said for the last 14 years that you're a total spud I now realise you were right all along :unsure:.

I really don’t care what people think of me, I invested and I signed over as a guarantor to the bank for any debt which was 150k at the time.

I put my money where my mouth was and gave up 25 hours per week to help run the club. If it went tits up we were personally responsible. 

On my induction as a director we were 150k in debt when I left it was around 80k and we’d won a league title and been beaten on goal difference in another. 

I’ll never turn my back totally on the club I love. I recently as two weeks ago had an investor who was willing to put 50k into the club but that offer was knocked back by the major shareholder. That bid isn’t over and tonight that party has just agreed some sponsorship for the playoffs. This time next year it will be worth £50. 

I’m hurting badly but can’t help speak my mind, if that upsets a few people so be it. I wasn’t perfect, made loads of mistakes and won’t hide from any of the past. 

Edited by Disc Potato

53 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

My final BRFC post ever I'm done. 

2 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

I really don’t care what people think of me, I invested and I signed over as a guarantor to the bank for any debt which was 150k at the time.

I put my money where my mouth was and gave up 25 hours per week to help run the club. If it went tits up we were personally responsible. 

On my induction as a director we were 150k in debt when I left it was around 80k and we’d won a league title and been beaten on goal difference in another. 

I’ll never turn my back totally on the club I love. I recently as two weeks ago had an investor who was willing to put 50k into the club but that offer was knocked back by the major shareholder.  This time next year it will be worth £50. 

I’m hurting badly but can’t help speak my mind, if that upsets a few people so be it. I wasn’t perfect, made loads of mistakes and won’t hide from any of the past. 

:(

Boys a parody

He's definitely that guy that's in the pub on a Sunday afternoon, watching the games, giving it big licks acting like a Sky Sports pundit and telling everyone he's the manager of a professional football team

Sure most people know the kind of boy I'm meaning

This is football.  If you're in it for glory then support Barcelona or Manchester United or Celtic or one of those businesses.  

If you support a small club then support it regardless of what league it plays in.  It's not wrong to want to win but if you don't then try to accept that everyone involved, be it at board level or on the pitch, probably did their best but it wasn't enough and someone has to finish bottom of every league. 

IF being relegated truly meant that everyone that's followed your club up to now would walk away causing it to cease existing that would be a shame but I'm hoping they'll accept their fate and stick with the club whatever the future may bring.

Edited by The_Judge

7 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

giphy.gif     giphy.gif     giphy.gif

D5LCT2jWwAAbInS.jpg

EDIT: Incidentally our GD and GF are by far the worst of any SPFL2 last place finisher since pyramid began. Points will be worst unless we beat Elgin.

LEAGUE GAMES
    P W D L GF GA GD Pts Pts/g Win%
Coughlin 15/16 24 10 4 10 30 26 4 34 1.42 41.67
  16/17 36 10 10 16 50 65 -15 40 1.11 27.78
  17/18 3 1 0 2 4 10 -6 3 1.00 33.33
    63 21 14 28 84 101 -17 77 1.22 33.33

Horn 17/18 33 8 10 15 27 49 -22 34 1.03 24.24
  18/19 9 2 0 7 8 21 -13 6 0.67 22.22
    42 10 10 22 35 70 -35 40 0.95 23.81

Harvey 18/19 26 3 4 19 19 68 -49 13 0.50 11.54

1 hour ago, The Crafty Dafty said:

His predictions were fantasy and the same shite week in week out

I think that was one of his biggest downfalls, his inability to know when to reign in the bulls__t.  He was coming on every week and his ego just got bigger and bigger. Someone close to him should have had a word with him and maybe told him the interviews were becoming a bit of a joke. I don’t know the guy personally and I have nothing personal against him but from the start his appointment at Berwick Rangers has been a disaster. The big question is if he manages to scrape through these two play off games does he keep his position next season ? 

Can anyone shed any light as to why Bob Wilson wasn’t even in the squad yesterday ?  According to the interview ( that wasn’t an interview ) after the Clyde game there were no injuries or suspensions coming in to yesterday’s game 

Can anyone shed any light as to why Bob Wilson wasn’t even in the squad yesterday ?  According to the interview ( that wasn’t an interview ) after the Clyde game there were no injuries or suspensions coming in to yesterday’s game 
I assume it was to try and avoid conceding a penalty. Andy Forbes stepped up though.

The moment that summed this game up best was giving away a penalty. The goalkeeper with a simple smash down the park and suddenly Albion are clean through and we're in a position where we need to chop someone down. Pathetic organisation.

The moment that summed up us right now under Harvey was Healy picking up a booking for booting a Albion player out of frustration with the ball out of sight. The players couldn't make it any clearer they're not playing for him. We will not take anything from the play offs.

How’s Dale’s neck this morning after the Chair Elect grappled him yesterday? Sorry times. I hoped Bell would be a good man at the helm however it isn’t pointing toward that being true sadly. Another clown at the wheel.

The NHS finally let my Doctor Missus take a few days off work so I had her in my ancestral home on the continent, making me miss out on the nail-biting run-up to the game and, indeed, the game itself through it coinciding with our National holiday. Glad to know I was saved the misery of getting battered and fried 0 to 3 by a club that, for all intents and purposes, should have been confirmed down already in January but achieved a remarkable revival through their own efforts (nothing but applause for Rovers).

It's hardly apathy I feel, but a certain degree of helplessness and reservation seems to be my part now. Even if Cove drub us 4-0 in the first leg I'm still not sure Harvey would be shown the door, although at that point it really, finally, is too late. Now with Elgin on the horizon we may well have our final dead cat bounce to instill false hope ahead of the trapdoor square-off. Cove will have learned from their previous mistakes v. Cowden and JH seems to have well and truly lost the dressing room (if he hadn't already).... we're heading for dark times.

One more thing, which is probaly entirely pointless for me to type; if (big if) we survive, it will be despite JH, not because of him. Nothing against him as a person but he should not be allowed to claim any credit. But hey, as I said; typing this out will be proven to be pointless.

EDIT; *Cove or East Kilbride; I erroneously believed the match finished 0-2 in Cove's favour.

Edited by DutchBorderer

32 minutes ago, Berwick86 said:
34 minutes ago, Fourattheback said:

I assume it was to try and avoid conceding a penalty. Andy Forbes stepped up though.

Bob Wilson has his faults but IMHO the team are weaker without him. A do or die match and the  “ captain “ of the club is not even in the squad ? I hope there is a genuine reason for this and not another falling out with an honest player. If there is one player Berwick could do with in their team In the play offs against Cove or EK it’s Bob Wilson 

Bob Wilson has his faults but IMHO the team are weaker without him. A do or die match and the  “ captain “ of the club is not even in the squad ? I hope there is a genuine reason for this and not another falling out with an honest player. If there is one player Berwick could do with in their team In the play offs against Cove or EK it’s Bob Wilson 
Hiya bob

7 minutes ago, Berwick86 said:
9 minutes ago, Fourattheback said:

Hiya bob

Nah mate, just an observation that the captain of the team is missing from the squad without so much as mention why. But give my regards to JH when you’re buying him a pint