Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

8 minutes ago, surely not! said:

But it would still be on the CV

Now is surely not the time to be arguing semantics. No club is gonna refuse to take on a manager because he unsuccesfully helmed Berwick Rangers for all of three games when the wagons were already off the rails. If anything, if I was a club director involved in the hiring process, I would commend the fella for having taken the challenge

3 hours ago, Redcar said:

OK, the glaring deficiencies are clear and have been pointed out since page 1 of this thread, but we are where we are. 

Harvey will be the boss for the play-offs. The vast majority - me included - think that is wrong, but it is unlikely to change now. And it doesn't matter really who we play - seems that they are well matched sides - but they are unlikely to be better than a well organised and fired up Albion Rovers. 

If we can tuck some of those chances away, keep the energy and somehow stop giving the ball away in midfield AND go 90 minutes without conceding a penalty, then this is not over yet. 

Use Elgin to change the shape and style, get Brown, Brydon, See and Wilson fit playing and guiding the youngsters, and we will still have a chance. 

FWIW I was looking at our starting line-ups since the turn of the year. Our best spell of results was the run from the 1-1 draw with Albion to the 2-0 loss to Edinburgh (W1 D2 L4 and never conceded more than 2). Surprise, surprise: it came when JH picked a pretty settled side: Brennan and Cook played all 7 games, then Wilson, Adamson, Barr, Ogilvie, and Brown played 6 out of 7, and Forbes, Blues, Murphy and Aloulou  played 5 out of 7. So I'd be looking to a core of players (8 or 9) coming from that lot, plus Brydon and See if they're fully fit.

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 16.40.43.png

Popped down to the game yesterday having only ever made it to the ground before on a non-matchday. Berwick just seemed devoid of confidence - continually misplacing passes, anyone getting the ball in the last third seemed desperate to get rid and not have a go. Good luck for the play off, really enjoyed the day out and wish you all well for the future.

73ig5z.jpg

Edited by cmontheloknow

Ventured onto club official FB where I see the calls are now to get in Ian Little (who isn't actually free he's manager of Whitehill - bottom of LL incidentally), John Hughes (no chance surely) or "local men". If there was to be a new manager I suspect an experienced lower-league head would be more preferable. However any switch would surely have been made by now, to give a new man 4 training sessions and the Elgin game to prepare.

On separate note does anyone know the injury prognoses for See and Brydon ahead of May 11th & 18th, and any suspension concerns?

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Ventured onto club official FB where I see the calls are now to get in Ian Little (who isn't actually free he's manager of Whitehill - bottom of LL incidentally), John Hughes (no chance surely) or "local men". If there was to be a new manager I suspect an experienced lower-league head would be more preferable. However any switch would surely have been made by now, to give a new man 4 training sessions and the Elgin game to prepare.

On separate note does anyone know the injury prognoses for See and Brydon ahead of May 11th & 18th, and any suspension concerns?

You's are fucked  . Be better calling Samaritans .

After barely sleeping on Friday night, I’ve never been so angry leaving a game. A gutless, cowardly, pathetic and most worrying, clueless performance directed by the worst manager I have ever seen at Berwick.

Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge would have ditched him weeks ago and brought in someone who could set up a team that is difficult to beat. Demolition after demolition and were still seeing a simple ball from the back splitting our defence with ease leading to a penalty.

What does it take to get the sack ffs.

After barely sleeping on Friday night, I’ve never been so angry leaving a game. A gutless, cowardly, pathetic and most worrying, clueless performance directed by the worst manager I have ever seen at Berwick.

Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge would have ditched him weeks ago and brought in someone who could set up a team that is difficult to beat. Demolition after demolition and were still seeing a simple ball from the back splitting our defence with ease leading to a penalty.

Someone to admit they got it wrong? Clubs history and very existence to perhaps be more important than saving face? Bad enough being in this predicament- worse still that when we adopted shit shaped formation a few weeks ago - those in charge adopted the foetal position.

La la la nothing to see here

Horrible horrible feeling going into these games. Especially the way you boys are playing. Dreadful dreadful team and a dreadful manager. When we went into the games we had a bit of belief and momentum as well as one or 2 key players who can do us a turn. Berwick have nothing like this. Dont want to see Berwick go down to be honest a club very similar in size and nature to ourselves. 

Horrible horrible feeling going into these games. Especially the way you boys are playing. Dreadful dreadful team and a dreadful manager. When we went into the games we had a bit of belief and momentum as well as one or 2 key players who can do us a turn. Berwick have nothing like this. Dont want to see Berwick go down to be honest a club very similar in size and nature to ourselves. 
This might sound odd but I think yous had it worse because of that belief. I don't know a Berwick fan who isn't resigned to our fate for as long as the status quo remains. Of course we'll be worse come the time it turns into a reality.

I’ve spent an awful lot of time recently thinking of the days when I never missed a game home or away. Some amazing days all over Scotland, winning , drawing or losing but always enjoying (well nearly). Some magical moments- our victory with 9 men against Forfar with pud Murray in goal, Gordon Forrest last game before he got job with SFA (I know odd one but ducket was amazing that day) - even gut wrenching defeats like St Johnstone in cup replay or Meadowbank.

Those moments we will never have again because of the intransigence of those in power.

The thing is. We can still have a go and try something else before the last rites, the fact that we aren’t is, I think, even worse and more unforgivable than the actual relegation itself.

I wonder if anyone from the club is looking at the East of Scotland final league tables and thinking "Hold on, these guys have just won their conference in the EOSL, scored 92 goals and only conceded 15... Maybe it wasn't JH (and the Penicuik 3) who was the reason for their success after all..."

FWIW Penicuik beat Broxburn 3-2 in the first of the round robin games. Bonnyrigg play Penicuik on Wednesday, and Broxburn play Bonnyrigg on Saturday. The winner plays off against the winner of the South of Scotland League for entry into the Lowland League.

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 10.21.11.png

Edited by Alpha Gordini

I wonder if anyone from the club is looking at the East of Scotland final league tables and thinking "Hold on, these guys have just won their conference in the EOSL, scored 92 goals and only conceded 15... Maybe it wasn't JH (and the Penicuik 3) who was the reason for their success after all..."
FWIW Penicuik beat Broxburn 3-2 in the first of the round robin games. Bonnyrigg play Penicuik on Wednesday, and Broxburn play Bonnyrigg on Saturday. The winner plays off against the winner of the South of Scotland League for entry into the Lowland League.
5cc6c256ae8ca_ScreenShot2019-04-29at10_21_11.png.622943993c52db2d727aa028e80126e1.png
Theres no EOS vs SOS match this season as Stranraer Reserves won the SOS & reserve teams aren't eligble to be promoted to LL

3 hours ago, NELLY said:

It's not that we are dreadful, it's the feeling that nothing is being done to stop it happening that's the bit I am failing to understand

4 hours ago, BerwickMad said:

JH has never tweeted a pearl of wisdom from Gary Bollan.....

..yet.

49 minutes ago, dougster said:

It's not that we are dreadful, it's the feeling that nothing is being done to stop it happening that's the bit I am failing to understand

trust me mate. Your team is dreadful. Should you do better - 100% but your team is as poor as I have seen in the lower leagues even comparing to our terrible team that finished bottom twice in 2 years.