Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

If there are any positives to take away from this week, it's that the club keeps mentioning transfer talks going on with targets. Any rumours who they might be?
Ali Dia, Skeletor and that Iranian fella that can't take a throw in.

Adams must feel like he's in front of a firing squad for how many shots he's faced.

With the directors I feel a carrot and stick approach is needed. We take the carrot, stick it up their arse, followed by the stick, followed by a bigger and rougher carrot.

Have we ever won a league cup game? I doubt it. Tough to judge the team against full time clubs,

I think it's time the Fabulous Eric from Berweek needs to pass on the interviewing to someone with less of a vested interest. his opinions are valid but that's all they are.  Robbie is the guy  I want to hear from 

Have we ever won a league cup game? I doubt it. Tough to judge the team against full time clubs,
I think it's time the Fabulous Eric from Berweek needs to pass on the interviewing to someone with less of a vested interest. his opinions are valid but that's all they are.  Robbie is the guy  I want to hear from 
My thoughts precisely re judging the team. Feel for Robbie, you can see the pain of losing and determination to improve. Still hopeful.

7 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

That Eric boy is a cretin. Tries to make it all about himself, unreal.

Robbie looked uncomfortable in that interview. Its strange in effect you boss interviewing you for the clubs TV channel. 

4 hours ago, dougster said:

Have we ever won a league cup game? I doubt it. Tough to judge the team against full time clubs

I wish I shared your optimism but the tie v. Annan should be reasonably representative.

Edited by DutchBorderer

I think Robbie's discomfort is more to do with regular hammerings, a crap budget, Boardroom fights and the generally toxic culture at the club just now.    And it is a bit of a stretch to say that Eric is Robbie's boss.

I may be in a minority on here but I like Eric's interviews. Full of heart-on-the-sleeve enthusiasm and I'd rather that than some of the bland pap we see on telly interviews.

2 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

I wish I shared your optimism but the tie v. should be reasonably representative.

We'll see, Hamilton are full time professionals, The Stirling game will be interesting but we badly need a striker 

2 hours ago, Redcar said:

I think Robbie's discomfort is more to do with regular hammerings, a crap budget, Boardroom fights and the generally toxic culture at the club just now.    And it is a bit of a stretch to say that Eric is Robbie's boss.

I may be in a minority on here but I like Eric's interviews. Full of heart-on-the-sleeve enthusiasm and I'd rather that than some of the bland pap we see on telly interviews.

If he's Director of Football surely he's above the manager?

Ross Brown, 25, joins us as a welcome addition to the midfield. Free transfer from Livingston, where he missed a lot of game time due to an injury and was thus sent on loan to Airdrie last season. Horn had previously tried to sign the lad, great to see he's got his man;

5b5b186c79069_DjHReoCX4AIokpH1.jpg.db02d848739225ecb410ee1240db5562.jpg

4 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Ross Brown, 25, joins us as a welcome addition to the midfield. Free transfer from Livingston, where he missed a lot of game time due to an injury and was thus sent on loan to Airdrie last season. Horn had previously tried to sign the lad, great to see he's got his man;

5b5b186c79069_DjHReoCX4AIokpH1.jpg.db02d848739225ecb410ee1240db5562.jpg

Excellent signing!