Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Aaron Murrell signed again. Fair to say that Robbie thinks more about him than some of the fans, but he is only 20 and has scored some good and important goals for us. 

Of last season's players, that just leaves Gary Phillips still considering his offer. If he signs, I think that leaves 3 places left to fill, in the squad of 18. I'd guess 2 of them may be loanees, hopefully up there with Hamilton and Godinho. 

Meanwhile, can't wait for a visit to Big Owen's in Coatbridge. Top class piss.

Be sure to grab a matchworn kit if you haven't already, only six tops left. I worked with the club on the promotion of the sale, quite chuffed with the results;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2018/06/25/matchworn-berwick-rangers-2017-2018-home-shirt/

http://store.berwickrangers.com/products/match-worn-kit

20180621_182451.jpg?crop

Edited by DutchBorderer

Gary Phillips re-signs. That is 12 of last season's squad still with us. On the face of it - since we could easily have finished bottom - that is distinctly underwhelming. But.... Maybe not. There was clear, if rather late, improvement in April and these youngsters will be better this season, (he said confidently).

GK's - Brennan, Adams

DEF - Cook, Wilson, Todd, Fleming, Orru, Phillips

MID - O'Kane, Murphy, Lavery, Willis

FWD - Rose, See, Murrell

3 signings to come, I think. They'll have to be new - all last year's lot now accounted for.

Berwick Rangers can today confirm the appointed of Dougie Watkins as the new Vice Chairman of the Club. Watkins replaces John Bell, who will continue on as a Director at the club.

Elsewhere, Director Eric Tait has been appointed as Director of Football. The role aims to support the management team whilst also taking responsibility for the overall football strategy of the club moving forward.

The punters on twitter don't seem too happy.

5 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

No wonder! Make decisions let someone else take the flak springs to mind. 

Although nearly a year ago everyone was assuring me that Robbie would be signing hidden gems with his "contacts". I thought it meant network not lenses. 

21 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Director of Football, Eric Tit lol

love his interviews where he supposedly interviews the manager but really gives his opinion on the game and advice to the manager.

poor poor Robbie Horn who is a nice guy. This will end in tears methinks.

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

Director of Football, Eric Tit lol

love his interviews where he supposedly interviews the manager but really gives his opinion on the game and advice to the manager.

poor poor Robbie Horn who is a nice guy. This will end in tears methinks.

I can remember when Eric was manager.

Guest Landan Spiv

Why has your pre season friendly against Raith been cancelled? Something to do about advice from Nothumbria police? 

Pissed off in the extreme about the game being cancelled next Saturday. Had arranged to stop off in Newcastle on my way home from holiday and have booked(non refundable) train tickets to Berwick next Saturday. 

Haven't been to Shielfield for a few years and was looking forward to it. 

If England are playing at 3 o'clock next Saturday it would affect the gate a wee bit, but does the prospect of probably 70 or 80 Rovers fans coming to Berwick merit cancelling the game? 

Just to be clear, in no way am I blaming the club for this, as I know it was a police decision, but interested to hear Berwick fans' thoughts on the matter. 

Edited by Specky Ginger

What have Northumbria Police advised that needs postponing a Berwick v Raith pre-season friendly, and why only 7 days prior?

EDIT: According to the Raith forum the police received intelligence suggesting the tie was being targeted by "right-wing extremists", and advised it should be cancelled.

Edited by HibeeJibee

It is pathetic that people would look to target a friendly like this to cause trouble just to make their political point.  It is the supporters who will be left out of pocket for especially the travelling Raith support given the distance to and from Berwick that I have sympathy for.

I guess there is no other option if the advice from police is there is a serious risk to those attending, as I guess switching the date of the game is probably not practical due to the club's pre season arrangements.

I am disappointed that something like this can still happen these days.