20 minutes ago, The Crafty Dafty said:

Trap door is open now!!
Albion have the momentum

What will be will be saddly

Latest Foot of League

Berwick Rangers (minus 12 penalties from Referees) 19 pts

Albion Rovers 14 points + SPFL 3 points = 17

close

Suspect penalty this afternoon, but we’re not in our current position due to the odd refereeing decision. Tuesday night got everyone excited again but seems to have been a bit of a fluke. Fingers crossed for Tuesday, hopefully cowden can do us a favour, as previously mentioned though Albion will have huge belief and momentum now, so can only see an Albion win. Albion result is impressive as Elgin have been on an excellent run of late, didn’t see that coming atall

2 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

Suspect penalty this afternoon, but we’re not in our current position due to the odd refereeing decision. Tuesday night got everyone excited again but seems to have been a bit of a fluke. Fingers crossed for Tuesday, hopefully cowden can do us a favour, as previously mentioned though Albion will have huge belief and momentum now, so can only see an Albion win. Albion result is impressive as Elgin have been on an excellent run of late, didn’t see that coming atall

hink Elgin have lost last three now?  Sure from memory Berwick have had 12 pens against them this season

26 minutes ago, Barnstormer said:

hink Elgin have lost last three now?  Sure from memory Berwick have had 12 pens against them this season

Sorry your right regarding Elgin mate didn’t realise that, they had a great end to February didn’t realise they’ve had a shocking march. As much as I don’t think today’s was a penalty, what’s to say the other 11 weren’t not sure where your going with that? We are bound do concede a higher amount of penalties in comparison to teams above us due to the fact we get hammered most weeks and the other team are playing in and around our box for most of the 90mins. 

Albion have 5 home matches out of 7, but the glimmer of hope is that they play all of the top 4 and of course, ourselves. 

We need to repeat Tuesdays performance against Edinburgh next week, but by then I'm fairly sure we will be in bottom place. 

Really could come down to the head to head, and the last game at Elgin. 

2 hours ago, onecowden said:

I can’t see us stopping Albion on Tuesday with the form we are in. Albion are 16/5 with Bet365. Much, much too big.

Berwick's lives could be in our hands. We always seem to struggle there no matter how good or bad either side are going into  a game. Never won there since February 2006 :o

A defeat allows the complaints department to return and blame such nonsensical things such as a non existent boardroom drinking culture.

The lads raised the bar to a season high on Tuesday and proved what they are capable of. Hopefully another couple of those in the pipeline. 

Suppose I better get a blue and white scarf looked out for Tuesday night.

There was A Coo...... 

2 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

A defeat allows the complaints department to return and blame such nonsensical things such as a non existent boardroom drinking culture.

The lads raised the bar to a season high on Tuesday and proved what they are capable of. Hopefully another couple of those in the pipeline. 

There was A Coo...... 

Sad day for Berwick fans having to cheer for a Cowden win:P:lol:

4 hours ago, Redcar said:

Albion have 5 home matches out of 7, but the glimmer of hope is that they play all of the top 4 and of course, ourselves. 

We need to repeat Tuesdays performance against Edinburgh next week, but by then I'm fairly sure we will be in bottom place. 

Really could come down to the head to head, and the last game at Elgin. 

Our run-ins are actually very similar. We both host QP. We both play the top 4 - except we don't play Peterhead, instead it's Elgin - although we visit Clyde and Annan while Albion host them.

We obviously have an potential advantage as we host the head-to-head and finish at Elgin who are not among the top sides and will have nothing to play for.

Albion have a potential advantage as beating Cowdenbeath on Tuesday would put them ahead before this run-in commences.

7 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

There was A Coo...... 

We complain  because we care, it’s our club too. We want the team to succeed just as much as you do but  as the guy above says, it’s a sad day when we need to rely on Cowden  to help keep us up.  

38 minutes ago, The Crafty Dafty said:

The play off system is a joke, the bottom team should automatically go down

Why ?

maybe when the highland and lowland league adopt the same rules but at the moment they can sign players when spfl clubs can’t. They can play trialists  when spfl clubs can’t. 

Thats not a level playing field. Same rules for all before any true pyramid can exist.

3 hours ago, dougster said:

We complain  because we care, it’s our club too. We want the team to succeed just as much as you do but  as the guy above says, it’s a sad day when we need to rely on Cowden  to help keep us up.  

Of course we all care and we are all shitting ourselves, as a result we all go OTT with the complaints and moaning.

I have to admit putting the blame on a boardroom drinking culture does annoys me. It doesn’t exist, just pop upstairs on your next visit. 

I am sure John Bell’s open forum will be extremely interesting next week. I am gutted I won’t make it due to kids football but looking forward to hearing about it. 

Would love to see the club drop the admission price a little for final 3 home games and hopefully attract a bigger crowd to get behind the players.

From cloud nine on Tuesday night to feeling like someone poked my eyes out with a stick yesterday, the joys of supporting Berwick. At least that performance gives us hope, after the QP game, I had none. 

Why ?
maybe when the highland and lowland league adopt the same rules but at the moment they can sign players when spfl clubs can’t. They can play trialists  when spfl clubs can’t. 
Thats not a level playing field. Same rules for all before any true pyramid can exist.

If you finish bottom it means your shit and should go down and let fresh blood into the league!!!

I predict that the 2nd div will be unrecognisable within 5 years!!

The highland league is decent and the lowland league is becoming stronger so all good and i hope that one of them goes up this season

51 minutes ago, The Crafty Dafty said:

If you finish bottom it means your shit and should go down and let fresh blood into the league!!!

I predict that the 2nd div will be unrecognisable within 5 years!!

The highland league is decent and the lowland league is becoming stronger so all good and i hope that one of them goes up this season

They are indeed  Just need to get rules on same playing field. Has Martin Scott not just joined Cove outwith window?