Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

1 hour ago, Pigeon English said:

Given the forecast, are we expecting Saturday's game to be on?

Yeah. Any snow will only be on the hills. No frost forecast Friday night. 

Likely to be a fair bit of rain between now and then  but I'd have thought the pitch could cope with it. 

7 hours ago, Redcar said:

He's been away on trial in the USA for a couple of weeks. Philadelphia Union, I think. If it doesn't work out, he comes back to us. 

Shown some flashes of skill but difficult for him to impress in a side that concedes goals for fun. 

He returned to the UK earlier this week. Hopefully pushes for a starting place as he has lots of quality at this level.

He returned to the UK earlier this week. Hopefully pushes for a starting place as he has lots of quality at this level.
From what I understand he has a very bad attitude. For example getting sent off in a reserve game and was waiting by the refs car after the match....
Never heard nothing about a trial in the States however.

So, from being 7 points ahead with a 1 goal better goal difference, we now find ourselves only 4 points ahead with a 3 worse goal difference.

Obviously, it’s in our hands and play like we did on Tuesday we should be fine, but the scenario where we finish on level points with Albion and less than 4 goals worse off is very real. I wonder how the club would react in this situation.

Assuming what Clyde are saying is true.

So, from being 7 points ahead with a 1 goal better goal difference, we now find ourselves only 4 points ahead with a 3 worse goal difference.

Obviously, it’s in our hands and play like we did on Tuesday we should be fine, but the scenario where we finish on level points with Albion and less than 4 goals worse off is very real. I wonder how the club would react in this situation.

Assuming what Clyde are saying is true.
First step is to really (really really) closely check the opposition team-sheet. I'd wager close inspection will reveal some Cowden players are only registered on their home planet.

Dundee United were done for fielding two ineligible players in a win over Inverness in 2016, were deducted 3 points, but looking, Inverness didn’t get them extra.

I get why Clyde should be punished, but don't see why Albion should benefit and certainly don't see why Berwick should suffer. 

Butterfly wings eh? Someone's lazy admin work could potentially destroy an entirely innocent club. 

Surely Berwick should be launching a formal complaint, sueing Clyde, and generally having a tantrum. 

The gap will return to 7 points come 4:45. 2-0 Murphy and aloulou.  We might not get a better opportunity to pick up 3 points the rest of the season, cowden seem to be struggling at the minute. 

And if that doesn’t work then we can start to panic. 

30 minutes ago, Redcar said:

I get why Clyde should be punished, but don't see why Albion should benefit and certainly don't see why Berwick should suffer. 

Butterfly wings eh? Someone's lazy admin work could potentially destroy an entirely innocent club. 

Surely Berwick should be launching a formal complaint, sueing Clyde, and generally having a tantrum. 

The points have to go somewhere, because the game has to notionally have taken place.  Most competitions just award a 3 - 0 victory to the team offended against.  

Obviously it will be that one thing that destroys an entirely innocent club and nothing to do with anything else that has happened over the course of the last few years.

4 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

The points have to go somewhere, because the game has to notionally have taken place.  Most competitions just award a 3 - 0 victory to the team offended against.  

Obviously it will be that one thing that destroys an entirely innocent club and nothing to do with anything else that has happened over the course of the last few years.

Goes without saying that we are in trouble due to our own shortcomings, but so are Albion. And they could now survive due to an admin error by another club. 

Replay the game maybe? 

The goal difference or a slim points difference means that Clyde's error  could doom us to bottom place. Might seem OK to you to accept it because we are shite, but it doesn't to me. 

Hopefully 3 points today will ease the angst. 

19 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Looking round the Leagues where this has happened and i can't ever see a points reversal, Brora got kicked out of a cup in the Highland League as did Sion versus Celtic in the Uefa cup . Sunderland  got caught last year but the points were not given to the other club.

The Dundee United/Inverness case from 2016 is probably more relevant in this case, but as someone pointed out on twitter there was some controversy after that decision. I’ve no idea if the SPFL changed or clarified anything after that.

Looking round the Leagues where this has happened and i can't ever see a points reversal, Brora got kicked out of a cup in the Highland League as did Sion versus Celtic in the Uefa cup . Sunderland  got caught last year but the points were not given to the other club.

In Cup competitions it has changed each time as well. From memory Dunfermline scudded Stenhousemuir by 7 goals in a cup game only to replay the tie because they brought on an unregistered player for the last 5-10 minutes. The Shire also fielded an unregistered player in a Cup tie with one of the Highland League teams (Buckie maybe), won the tie but were punished by being knocked out. Obviously Celtic, twice in Europe, and instances in the league which were mentioned in other posts....so it does seem like there are no FIFA/SFA ruling on it and that each case is on a case by case basis.

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

no way should berwick suffer for this!!!! you could lose you league place over this!

Mass tantrum planned in the ducket this afternoon. Reuters.

Clyde whipping our arses off the field now as well? Hardly surprising, but ffs, come on guys.

Best case scenario is we pull back to 7 after today's game, worst case scenario Stirling decide to be shite again and leave us 1 point ahead of Rovers.