• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Redcar

Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

HAPPY CHRISTMAS to all my fellow long suffering BRFC fans! 

Let's pick ourselves up and cheer on our motley crew on Saturday (a pre-match drink or 6 might help).

Let's not take their performance against EC too seriously 'cos it won't help.

Let's have a larf and enjoy their Xmas bloopers.

Lets leave all the stress and angst until the New Year.

After all, it's only a game.

Best wishes to you all,

Pugsley.   :whistle

Edited by Pugsley
spelling mistake

Striker Mathew Knox (19) signed from Livingston until the end of the season.....

25 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Will Berwick take more than a dozen fans tomorrow?

They will never take any of us!

Hopefully not too cold tonight. Getting near postponement weather now.

Time to pack it in guys , even Tweedmouth Rangers got a point today.:)

From what I’ve seen this season a left sided midfielder is just what the team  needed, good business from the management team today 

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 18:41, dreamteamer said:

Striker Mathew Knox (19) signed from Livingston until the end of the season.....

Not a striker...this loan spell could make or break his career. He seems to have been around for ages and has had trials at Man Utd and Rangers with supposed interest from Liverpool and Spurs amongst others but has never really done anything in a Livi shirt except one free kick delivery where Halkett scored a winner against Rangers. Seems to have a bit of an attitude problem so hopefully he can knuckle down and get things sorted in the second half of the season. Wouldn't hold out too much hope that he'll do a job for you though as he's never really shown any sort of fight or determination at Livi

So what happened with Chris Hamilton? Never got a game and now back at Hearts. Can't believe that he wasn't good enough to get a game

I've just clicked that Kyle Allison is the goalie that we had almost a decade ago and I thought he looked pretty good.  Glad to hear though that he's chucking goals in for you guys now ;):lol: 

17 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I've just clicked that Kyle Allison is the goalie that we had almost a decade ago and I thought he looked pretty good.  Glad to hear though that he's chucking goals in for you guys now ;):lol: 

Had a great few seasons at Kelty before moving on. Should do a decent job at L2 level I think 

15 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Had a great few seasons at Kelty before moving on. Should do a decent job at L2 level I think 

We had a quality goalie in Brennan with hibs reserve goalie for back up not sure a goalie was an area that needed addressed, sure the team has leaked a lot more goals under the new manager yet he has brought in his own goalie, right back and centre half. For me we are absolutely toothless going forward, that’s where I would have liked to have seen us strengthen. Healy does a lot of running which a lot of fans seem to like but if u look at the bigger picture he never holds the ball and brings midfield into play and also relieveing some pressure he always just flicks on balls to opposition centre half’s 

Never particularly rated Allison - poor kicking and not very commanding. A decent shot stopped but that’s the minimum requirement to be a goalkeeper. Was very surprised Berwick signed him.

6 hours ago, Fisherman said:

So what happened with Chris Hamilton? Never got a game and now back at Hearts. Can't believe that he wasn't good enough to get a game

I agree. In the few games he played he looked really good, but Johnny Harvey just wouldn't pick him even when we were down to the bones with injuries. 

Guess he had his reasons but they're not immediately obvious. 

3 hours ago, Fergie1 said:

We had a quality goalie in Brennan with hibs reserve goalie for back up not sure a goalie was an area that needed addressed, sure the team has leaked a lot more goals under the new manager yet he has brought in his own goalie, right back and centre half. For me we are absolutely toothless going forward, that’s where I would have liked to have seen us strengthen. Healy does a lot of running which a lot of fans seem to like but if u look at the bigger picture he never holds the ball and brings midfield into play and also relieveing some pressure he always just flicks on balls to opposition centre half’s 

Disagree completely. 

Yeah, we've been awful up front for a long time, but Healey, See, Knox, Barr and Willis is much more promising. Some of them have played only a handful of games between them so if they stay fit there are good attacking options. 

Healey holds the ball up well when it's played to feet and he wins his headers. 

We have conceded nearly 50 goals in half a season. It is excruciatingly bad and is down to the crap passing and ball retention by our defenders and defensive midfielders.