Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Message from Club Chairman

Our first competitive fixture for the 2019/20 season will take place a month from now, and we look forward to what we hope will be an enjoyable campaign after the disappointments of recent years which culminated in our relegation from SPFL 2 in May. I see it is my role as the incoming Chairman to build a team off the park that can bring the necessary skills, energy and investment to secure the Club’s future and aim for success on the pitch.

We will learn from our experiences, and commit to making Berwick Rangers a club where players enjoy playing, volunteers enjoy giving of their time and skills, and supporters enjoy following their local team. For too long we’ve struggled to deliver in these areas, and I’d appeal to everyone connected with the Club to bring a fresh, positive energy to what will be a tough season against some very competent opposition. Understandably, fans might be frustrated with what they see as a lack of news coming from Shielfield.

Our squad assembles for pre-season on 15th June, and we expect to announce a number of signings once people have committed themselves to paper and the necessary formalities have been completed. Several players have moved on: Craig Hume and Kyle Allison have been released from their contracts, and we have accepted offers for Andy Forbes and Calum Adamson.

In other cases players have come to the end of their contracts with Berwick (9th June) and have found other clubs to move on to. We know that Robert Wilson, Declan O’Kane, Jordan Orru, Sean Murphy, Jack Ogilvie and Dougie Brydon will not be at the Club next year, and we wish them well for their future careers.

Cameron Blues, Ahmed Aloulou and Ryan Goodfellow returned to their parent clubs when their loans concluded at the end of last season, and again, we thank them for their service to Berwick Rangers. 

Next week we’ll be announcing our Shirt Sponsor for the next two seasons, and we’re really pleased to have a prominent local business committing substantial funds to the Club.

Our ‘Back of Shirt’ and ‘Shorts’ sponsors have also been secured, and we’re still seeking a ‘Training Kit’ sponsor to make up a full set. Lowland League fixtures will not be confirmed until the end of June, but we’re now starting the process of seeking match sponsors for all of our games and we hope that local businesses will help us to fill every available slot.

Several large companies have stepped forward to advertise with the Club, having not done so before, and we’re thrilled to have them on board. 

Admission prices for our League games have been set at £10 and £5, with free admission for children aged 12 and under. Over 3000 free Junior Season Vouchers have been distributed to Scottish Borders schools last week, and 3000 more will go to Northumberland schools before the summer holidays.

In addition to Adult and Concession Season Tickets, two new tickets have been introduced at £50 – Senior, for those aged 75 and over, and Youth, for those aged 13 to 17. 

There’s never been a better time to ‘Back the Black and Gold’!

7 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Message from Club Chairman

Our first competitive fixture for the 2019/20 season will take place a month from now, and we look forward to what we hope will be an enjoyable campaign after the disappointments of recent years which culminated in our relegation from SPFL 2 in May. I see it is my role as the incoming Chairman to build a team off the park that can bring the necessary skills, energy and investment to secure the Club’s future and aim for success on the pitch.

We will learn from our experiences, and commit to making Berwick Rangers a club where players enjoy playing, volunteers enjoy giving of their time and skills, and supporters enjoy following their local team. For too long we’ve struggled to deliver in these areas, and I’d appeal to everyone connected with the Club to bring a fresh, positive energy to what will be a tough season against some very competent opposition. Understandably, fans might be frustrated with what they see as a lack of news coming from Shielfield.

Our squad assembles for pre-season on 15th June, and we expect to announce a number of signings once people have committed themselves to paper and the necessary formalities have been completed. Several players have moved on: Craig Hume and Kyle Allison have been released from their contracts, and we have accepted offers for Andy Forbes and Calum Adamson.

In other cases players have come to the end of their contracts with Berwick (9th June) and have found other clubs to move on to. We know that Robert Wilson, Declan O’Kane, Jordan Orru, Sean Murphy, Jack Ogilvie and Dougie Brydon will not be at the Club next year, and we wish them well for their future careers.

Cameron Blues, Ahmed Aloulou and Ryan Goodfellow returned to their parent clubs when their loans concluded at the end of last season, and again, we thank them for their service to Berwick Rangers. 

Next week we’ll be announcing our Shirt Sponsor for the next two seasons, and we’re really pleased to have a prominent local business committing substantial funds to the Club.

Our ‘Back of Shirt’ and ‘Shorts’ sponsors have also been secured, and we’re still seeking a ‘Training Kit’ sponsor to make up a full set. Lowland League fixtures will not be confirmed until the end of June, but we’re now starting the process of seeking match sponsors for all of our games and we hope that local businesses will help us to fill every available slot.

Several large companies have stepped forward to advertise with the Club, having not done so before, and we’re thrilled to have them on board. 

Admission prices for our League games have been set at £10 and £5, with free admission for children aged 12 and under. Over 3000 free Junior Season Vouchers have been distributed to Scottish Borders schools last week, and 3000 more will go to Northumberland schools before the summer holidays.

In addition to Adult and Concession Season Tickets, two new tickets have been introduced at £50 – Senior, for those aged 75 and over, and Youth, for those aged 13 to 17. 

There’s never been a better time to ‘Back the Black and Gold’!

£10 entry for LL that's a new wow  ? 

What's the hospitality deals then  ? 

If I'm having a day oot and if ww there or no I'm still up for it as I've got friends up there ,who I've been wi before at the game and enjoyed the experience  but  it could  well be either a decent hospitality or £10 spent in the Pilot  ? ;)

Edited by newcastle broon

8 minutes ago, guinness said:

For charging that kind of admission money!! ...Berwick are taking the proverbial.

I can see where there coming from they have plumped for a figure in between what they charged last season in L2 and the highest admission in LL last season £8 at the Shire. Apart from Kelty I don't suppose there will be uch away support next season at Shielfield so it will only really affect the Berwick fans.

I can see where there coming from they have plumped for a figure in between what they charged last season in L2 and the highest admission in LL last season £8 at the Shire. Apart from Kelty I don't suppose there will be uch away support next season at Shielfield so it will only really affect the Berwick fans.
Aye, but say it's £6 admission for Camelon etc.... then in the next above league it's £4 more. I was going to go to a Berwick game this season. But at a tenner they can ram it[emoji4]

12 minutes ago, guinness said:

Aye, but say it's £6 admission for Camelon etc.... then in the next above league it's £4 more. I was going to go to a Berwick game this season. But at a tenner they can ram itemoji4.png

Should've gone for £9 to keep it single figures and to be in between the £6 in EoS and £12 in League Two.

Aye, but say it's £6 admission for Camelon etc.... then in the next above league it's £4 more. I was going to go to a Berwick game this season. But at a tenner they can ram it[emoji4]

How much would you suggest?

7 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Looks like you've got Bonnyrigg Rose to face now too....

In one respect it's an attractive fixture for the fans - in a way matches against Edusport, BSCG, the universities, Civil Service, etc. wouldn't be regarded as. Especially given Robbie Horne's their manager, plus they've various ex-Berwick players, most notably Lee Currie. It adds to the silver lining on the cloud of relegation.

In another respect it's a further very strong challenger to join EK, 'Shire, Kelty, Spartans, etc.

37 minutes ago, dreamteamer said:

All's quiet on the Western front.........................

Awaiting the squad fairy to wave their magic wand and bless us with a bunch of players that carry us back to Div 2

Only 15 days to friendly