Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Just a plea to A believer

We were patient with the last 10 seasons or more, we were patient with Johnny Harvey. When is the time not to be patient.

I feel we are where we are because we've been way to accepting in our situation and expecting better to come to us.

Time now to rattle boxes, kick ass whatever it takes to get something done

The football industry is one of results, knee-jerk decisions motivated by the desire for immediate success. With the notable exception of Man U and Sir Alex.

Do you really think the Club is, or will be soon, in a position to deliver immediate promotion? Even with agitating cuboids and kicking bottoms?

2 minutes ago, A Believer said:

The football industry is one if results, knee-jerk decisions motivated by the desire for immediate success. With the notable exception of Man U and Sir Alex.

Do you really think the Club is, or will be soon, in a position to deliver immediate promotion? Even with agitating cuboids and kicking bottoms?

I quite agree but since 2006 ?????

And has been quoted less than 5 weeks before we start again and currently we have enough players for a 5 a side

Players are pretty much a necessity for the coming campaign. I never mentioned promotion, but as we are talking about another season a less embarrassing one than last season will do me

10 minutes ago, gogsy said:

FFS your mob have been SPFL bottom feeders for nearly all of your time in the Scottish leagues. If there had been relegation from the SPFL and its predecessors at any time in the last seventy years Berwick would have been down ages ago.

remind me again gogsy who your team is ??

13 minutes ago, gogsy said:

FFS your mob have been SPFL bottom feeders for nearly all of your time in the Scottish leagues. If there had been relegation from the SPFL and its predecessors at any time in the last seventy years Berwick would have been down ages ago.

6a47ee5aa5886ae2e49176fed4bee21e414e482a

Before this year Berwick finished bottom twice (1957-58 & 1986-87).

10 minutes ago, berwicksfinest said:

remind me again gogsy who your team is ??

The best rattled response you see on P&B. Why does it even matter, it's your team you're talking about.

Anyway, the headsgone stuff from Berwick is going to be good while it lasts. Eventually you'll reach the stage of acceptance - usually after a home loss to a Gretna or Vale - and it all calms down after that. 

I quite agree but since 2006 ?????
And has been quoted less than 5 weeks before we start again and currently we have enough players for a 5 a side
Players are pretty much a necessity for the coming campaign. I never mentioned promotion, but as we are talking about another season a less embarrassing one than last season will do me
Jings, 2006, I know, we all feel the pain; it's been hard re-setting 'personal targets' we all talk about pre-season, from promotion, to play-off, to survival. I saw some really exciting prospects in the 20's a season or so ago: and now, no reserve team.

It's where we are. We either accept it, work effing hard together to stop the rot and re-set the trend from decline to improvement: or use our energy on angst over unrealistic expectations.

I'm actually looking forward to setting them again, once we all know who we have in the squad.

Cooler heads prevail; eventually.

31 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Edusport so **** you . Dinnae come on here acting all billy big baws because you're a Berwick Rangers supporter.

f**k off ya daft c**t :lol:

22 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

...Anyway, the headsgone stuff from Berwick is going to be good while it lasts. Eventually you'll reach the stage of acceptance - usually after a home loss to a Gretna or Vale - and it all calms down after that. 

It maybe says something that they don't seem to be able to bring themselves to start using the 2019/20 thread yet. Guess it was easier for Shire fans to get used to being outside the SPFL and not seeing it as the end of the world given there has been such a strong junior tradition in the wider Falkirk area with clubs like Bo'ness United, Camelon and Linlithgow Rose all being junior cup winners in recent decades.

42 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It maybe says something that they don't seem to be able to bring themselves to start using the 2019/20 thread yet. Guess it was easier for Shire fans to get used to being outside the SPFL and not seeing it as the end of the world given there has been such a strong junior tradition in the wider Falkirk area with clubs like Bo'ness United, Camelon and Linlithgow Rose all being junior cup winners in recent decades.

Well tbf, as disappointing as it was to be relegated, it wasn't exactly hugely unexpected for Shire once the play-offs came in, whereas even this season for the most part you'd have had Albion going down instead of them. Berwick's relegation seems a bit more avoidable if the club was better run, especially given the calamitous nature of it near the end

No question coming bottom then getting relegated came as a shock in a way it mightn't have for 'Shire: who'd regularly finished bottom and previously faced the possibility of going out of the league (or out of business entirely).

League Cup groups will prolong the surrealism - drawing Spartans in City and EOS Qualifying cups (with Kelty in R2) feels familiar. Newtongrange (with Tranent in R2) in South Challenge Cup is more "wake up and smell the coffee", tbf.

53 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

No question coming bottom then getting relegated came as a shock in a way it mightn't have for 'Shire: who'd regularly finished bottom and previously faced the possibility of going out of the league (or out of business entirely).

League Cup groups will prolong the surrealism - drawing Spartans in City and EOS Qualifying cups (with Kelty in R2) feels familiar. Newtongrange (with Tranent in R2) in South Challenge Cup is more "wake up and smell the coffee", tbf.

Do you have a list of dates for LL matches Hibee ? 

1 hour ago, Disc Potato said:

Do you have a list of dates for LL matches Hibee ? 

Per other threads, SPFL website, HL fixture-list, etc:

Lowland League
Starts: Saturday 27th July
Ends: Saturday 18th April
Playoffs: Saturday 25th April / Saturday 2nd May / Sunday 10th May / Saturday 16th May
(Lowland League Cup runs parallel to playoffs)

South Challenge Cup
R1          Saturday 24th August 2019 - Newtongrange Star (H)
R2          Saturday 14th September 2019 - Tranent (A)
R3          Saturday 12th October 2019
R4          Saturday 9th November 2019
R5          Saturday 7th March 2020
SFs         Saturday 4th April 2020
Final      Sunday 24th May 2020

EOS Qualifying Cup
R1          Saturday 17th August 2019 - Spartans (H)
R2          dates to be confirmed - Kelty Hearts (A)
R3          dates to be confirmed
R4          Saturday 30th November 2019
SFs         Saturday 18th January 2020
Final      Sunday 29th March 2020

Edited by HibeeJibee

3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Per other threads, SPFL website, HL fixture-list, etc:

Lowland League
Starts: Saturday 27th July
Ends: Saturday 18th April
Playoffs: Saturday 25th April / Saturday 2nd May / Sunday 10th May / Saturday 16th May
(Lowland League Cup runs parallel to playoffs)

South Challenge Cup
R1          Saturday 24th August 2019
R2          Saturday 14th September 2019
R3          Saturday 12th October 2019
R4          Saturday 9th November 2019
R5          Saturday 7th March 2020
SFs         Saturday 4th April 2020
Final      Sunday 24th May 2020

EOS Qualifying Cup
R1          Saturday 17th August 2019
R2          dates to be confirmed
R3          dates to be confirmed
R4          Saturday 30th November 2019
SFs         Saturday 18th January 2020
Final      Sunday 29th March 2020

Cheers much appreciated.

44 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Cheers much appreciated.

Should've added we've drawn Spartans (H) in 2018-19 City Cup SFs which have been held-over. Usually clubs arrange own dates.

Scottish League Cup groupstage
Saturday 13th July - Ayr Utd (H)
Saturday 20th July - Stranraer (A)
Tuesday 23rd July - Falkirk (H)
Saturday 27th July - Livingston (A)

Scottish Challenge Cup
R1     Wednesday 7th August
R2     Wednesday 14th August

Edited by HibeeJibee