Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Serial Bell supporters Redcar and Dougster can slag me off all they want, but yes, I was correct with the Yano and Brownlie appointments.

Consider Yano's recent record with WW, not good at all!

Yano may well be a decent manager, I have no doubt given the tools he would make a decent fist of it, but without serious investment in the team, I don't believe Yano can significantly improve an already poor team, remember, the club already re-signed a large proportion of this seasons relegated team.

More of the same from the boardroom, no communication, no word about new faces or potential investment, so it status quo, which probably doesn't surprise anyone.

1 hour ago, Ducket Lodger said:

Yano may well be a decent manager, I have no doubt given the tools he would make a decent fist of it, but without serious investment in the team, I don't believe Yano can significantly improve an already poor team, remember, the club already re-signed a large proportion of this seasons relegated team.

WW record. 

Played 16 Lost 11 Drew 4 won 1 For 13 Against 38.

To be fair one of those games was 4 goals lost in extra time of a cup comp.

On the other hand only win was last league game of season which was meaningless as bottom was officially confirmed by then. 

In the 4 months at ww did bring in a few of his own players which as results showed sadly made no difference.

Unless as you say there are pounds to bring a better class of player in then the future ahead maybe very difficult. There's definately money getting thrown around in the LL. 

I hope he can turn your fortunes around  and wish him all the best but its gonnae be very difficult getting out of that league.

Now who was it that said Johnny Harvey was only on gardening leave and was returning to Shielfield :o ?

Yes Broon, I did say Johnny was on gardening leave, in fact his garden is now one of the best in Scotland, behind the scenes I am told, the initial intention by the much maligned Bell, was to reinstate JH, but when he and his flock realised there would be a riot from the few remaining Berwick fans, they bombed that idea, resulting in Yano and Brownlie, who are seen as the next best alternatives, especially when you have got no significant money to spend.

Time will tell on how the team will perform on the park this coming season, but to give Yano a fighting chance, the "head in the sand" directors need to attract inward investment, in other words the 300-400 commercial directors need to earn their keep :thumsup2

2 hours ago, Ducket Lodger said:

Serial Bell supporters Redcar and Dougster can slag me off all they want, but yes, I was correct with the Yano and Brownlie appointments.

More of the same from the boardroom, no communication, no word about new faces or potential investment, so it status quo, which probably doesn't surprise anyone.

Once again you miss the point, you're like a big kid who's crayons have been confiscated, We know you don't like JB , we know you are a mate of Walla, now stop being a miserable c*nt and start bringing something positive to this forum,

have a nice day

Edited by dougster
grammar

On 22/05/2019 at 13:42, dougster said:

You say that Lenny and Walla are easy to get rid off, I beg to differ as they are the supporters club representatives on the board. it's like a business owner writing to himself and saying 'you better resign or I'm calling an EGM and then i will sack myself' , it aint gonna happen.  As proved by the subsequent 'not our fault' interview on TV. 

No excuses for the rest now then?

4 hours ago, Ducket Lodger said:

Dougster = John Bell's Laddie

Criticising your fither is always hard to take!

Had away and boil your heid  

A good days fishing, Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it Rodger 

Once again you miss the point, you're like a big kid who's crayons have been confiscated, We know you don't like JB , we know you are a mate of Walla, now stop being a miserable c*nt and start bringing something positive to this forum,
have a nice day
Oh loving this Doug; significantly more articulate than me and on point.

Who’s next then? Heston? How does this work? Is it just a case of sticking your hand up and off you go? Surely any good governance has directors with job descriptions and directors that fit those descriptions no? Berwick Rangers do this don’t they?

If so what will Heston’s remit be and what will he bring to the party?

The rest......any ideas? Answers on a postcard .........

Who’s next then? Heston? How does this work? Is it just a case of sticking your hand up and off you go? Surely any good governance has directors with job descriptions and directors that fit those descriptions no? Berwick Rangers do this don’t they?

I think a little respect to the guys who gave their time to do the very best they could is in order. Like or loathe recent times, they committed where others didn't. Better to have tried and failed than never tried at all.

A considered approach to appointments of people with capacity and capability may take time: I can't see many on P&B either applying or qualifying. The secretaries details are on the website for the bow wave of CV's; forward looking ones with no retrospective bile a preference. You'll know that already of course Mr Lodger.

Stayed completely away from here for ten days or so as the combination of relegation and actions of a few weren’t nice and hurtful. 

Catching up after the recent statements there is good debate but I totally disagree with personal attacks under aliases on here.

Derek Bell has created a Facebook group Newblackandgoldream with excellent content and comments. I’d rather discuss on there moving forward than here. 

1 hour ago, tescodave said:

If this happens, as predicted by some (with insider knowledge? not you TD) then as a club, we are well and truly f#ck@d.

To lose GM, who I didn't know personally, but appeared to come across as professional and someone with business acumen/experience in the world of corporate banking and replace him with the local taxi driver (& I don't mean that as a slight on your profession btw), all I can say is.......Unbelievable Jeff!!

12 minutes ago, Pigeon English said:

If this happens, as predicted by some (with insider knowledge? not you TD) then as a club, we are well and truly f#ck@d.

To lose GM, who I didn't know personally, but appeared to come across as professional and someone with business acumen/experience in the world of corporate banking and replace him with the local taxi driver (& I don't mean that as a slight on your profession btw), all I can say is.......Unbelievable Jeff!!

Gavin Masterton had experience in the world of corporate banking. You may wish to ask any Pars fan what they think of him.. 

Think I'd rather have the local taxi driver. 

Drawn at home to Newtongrange Star in South Challenge Cup R1 on Saturday 24th August.

Winner away to Tranent on Saturday 14th September.

Potentially tricky ties depending on strength of players recruited. They finished 4th & 3rd respectively in EOS conferences, while Newtongrange shocked CSS/Tranent shocked Gala in cup-ties, both also losing 3-2 at Spartans.

http://dgnews-sport.co.uk/?art=12172&page=home&title=70+TEAMS+IN+SOUTH+REGION+CHALLENGE++CUP+DRAW+FOR+NEW+SEASON

Edited by HibeeJibee