Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

2 hours ago, Redcar said:

As stated earlier, I believe the next Board meeting is on Tuesday, after which we may hear something.

You would be forgiven for wondering why they couldn't meet a little earlier.

Hopefully, we will belatedly hear about:-

Boardroom changes

If Brownlie and Yano will continue (and if not, who will be manager)

Players retained/released

If there are any changes to the proposals put forward by John Bell at his recent talk-in.

An apology for last year's shitfest.

Cheers for that, so basically not a lot until Tuesday

8 minutes ago, dougster said:

Declan OKane signed for Musselburgh according to their Twitter

Thank God for that. We've had some worse players who got found out and punted after a handful of games, but how he got picked about 40 times beggars belief. 

Just seen the incoming chairman's statement on the Tizer website,  great positive piece, I don't think, talk about negativity, he has said relegation is the result of years of scraping by, jeez, he has been on the board for most of the recent years and is part of the cause of this! why can't he see this!

Step down to become a better club, the man is deluded, BRFC have stepped down because they were the worst team in the division, then against lower league opposition in the playoffs, they were trounced 7-0, there was no choice, Bell and his fellow directors drove the club into a brick wall, simple as!

Surely, the SC can see what a divisive character he is, definitely not the answer to the clubs predicament, let us see the majority shareholder stand up for once and get rid of this clown and his yes men, then inject some new blood into the club, there are locals who would get involved, but not with clown prince Bell at the top.

The alternative is, that this club will be finished in 3 years, they will live on the parachute payments and paltry support for two seasons, then they will fold in the 3rd, I hope I'm wrong but there is more chance I will be close to the mark.

4 hours ago, Ducket Lodger said:

Just seen the incoming chairman's statement on the Tizer website,  great positive piece, I don't think, talk about negativity

==================================================================================================================

The alternative is, that this club will be finished in 3 years, they will live on the parachute payments and paltry support for two seasons, then they will fold in the 3rd, I hope I'm wrong but there is more chance I will be close to the mark.

Irony_Meter.gif

To be fair to him/her, in the early pages of this thread I'm called out repeatedly for sharing my belief that we'd be relegated at such an early stage. It's nearly impossible not to portray a negativity around such dire consequences but it isn't impossible that they can come true. Simply ignoring it and not calling out the direction we're heading in (provided you truly believe that and aren't just 'troublemaking') is naive. In fact, as much as I disagree with some, it's important all arguments are heard to gauge and form a more balanced and reasoned stance.

My biggest frustration at the moment is that despite relegation, I've seen nothing to suggest the rot is being stopped. Indeed, it seems some fans are happy to see us in the same direction through what is in my opinion essentially fear of change, a reluctance to see what's out there through a fear there's nothing at all. They're entitled to that view but I don't think the alternative, which is essentially more of the same, is worth sticking with over taking a risk. 

Of course, it's still early days and I'm sure before tonight's board meeting has even finished, P&B will be wise to each individual discussion as usual. Hopefully we see the beginning of some major change. What is yet again being left taking a backseat is the club on the park. We're 7 weeks off a cup game, even sooner off pre-season and friendlies, and we're losing players instead of adding. No one has the power to recruit or keep, and no one has a clue who's in charge at the top. We're already falling into the same traps. 

Worst fears will be realised, Bell in charge after tonight's board meeting, Yano confirmed as manager, Brownlie as technical director will be confirmed also, I'm told, no new faces apart from Heston, unless there is a late acceptance, we're doomed I tell you! 

22 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

League Cup draw - SPFL, not LL - tomorrow lunchtime.

21 hours ago, tescodave said:

I dread to think of the pumpings we are likely to get.

Livingston
Ayr
Falkirk
Stranraer

Some stiff opposition and likely no big gates/TV.

4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Livingston
Ayr
Falkirk
Stranraer

Is the TV money not pooled anyway?

I think you get something like £10k for being on TV. It's not as much as what it was when the cup was straight knockout - far less IIRC - but presumably they roll some money into the prize pot to keep it up.

Nothing in Challenge Cup.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Livingston
Ayr
Falkirk
Stranraer

Its a really shit group one that you'll be lucky to take a point from but at the same time not a money spinner. Although it will still be your best gates of the season I would imagine.

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Livingston
Ayr
Falkirk
Stranraer

Wow! I wouldn't cross the street to see any of these.

It just gets worse for BRFC, all we need now is the news from the Boardroom meeting tonight, lady luck is certainly against us just now.

Bullshit Bell in control, another nail in the club coffin!

Wow! I wouldn't cross the street to see any of these.
It just gets worse for BRFC, all we need now is the news from the Boardroom meeting tonight, lady luck is certainly against us just now.
Bullshit Bell in control, another nail in the club coffin!

And you wonder why contributions are dwindling on here.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I agree with some of it, but posting the same stuff over and over again? 3 or 4 times a day?

You'll come back at me with some bile, some tosh about me being a Bell supporting Trust member... but all you are doing is ensuring that the already limited number of fans who post on here will just not bother.

10 hours ago, Redcar said:

And you wonder why contributions are dwindling on here.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I agree with some of it, but posting the same stuff over and over again? 3 or 4 times a day?

You'll come back at me with some bile, some tosh about me being a Bell supporting Trust member... but all you are doing is ensuring that the already limited number of fans who post on here will just not bother.

'And I'll say this, see that John Bell..... I'll no be back........ The club is doomed..... who stole my crayons...... See that john bell..... it's a conspiracy...... hope i'm wrong.... Club will fold.... John bell.... 3 years.... I'm right .... Yano.... Walla.... '   ad infinitum