Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Think they said the next Board meeting is next Tuesday. Ridiculous to wait that long, given our predicament. 
Teams that are gonna be at same level and Berwick making no signings, and don't even have a permanent manager. Waiting while Tuesday is a great plan.....

Seen on t'internet that Brownlie is keen to carry on. Not keen on that but rather him then Harvey.

The great master plan is, wait for it! it's been well thought out by the club hierarchy!!!

Yano manager, great choice after finishing bottom of the LL with Whitehill Welfare, check out his record, it's on par with Harvey!!

Brownlie Director of Football!

Jeez is that the best they can come up with, I'm informed that this will be sanctioned at the next board meeting, mark my words.

Problem is, nobody wants to get involved with the shite team, maybe JB had a point in keeping Harvey.

This club is still on a downward spiral, upstairs have still not grasped it, this type of appointment is not going to get us out of the LL anytime soon, time to buy a tombstone!

6 minutes ago, Ducket Lodger said:

The great master plan is, wait for it! it's been well thought out by the club hierarchy!!!

Yano manager, great choice after finishing bottom of the LL with Whitehill Welfare, check out his record, it's on par with Harvey!!

Brownlie Director of Football!

Jeez is that the best they can come up with, I'm informed that this will be sanctioned at the next board meeting, mark my words.

Problem is, nobody wants to get involved with the shite team, maybe JB had a point in keeping Harvey.

This club is still on a downward spiral, upstairs have still not grasped it, this type of appointment is not going to get us out of the LL anytime soon, time to buy a tombstone!

Heard it’s Yano too, personally think Harvey would have made a better fist of it, but we’ll see 

sorry to see you guys go. It was a always a good trip to Berwick when stenny were/are in the 2nd division.  Always thought you should be a bigger club as yous probably have a bigger support than teams like us and not much competition from other teams nearby.  don't know much else about your club but maybe the stenny model would work for you.  community interest company, big community programme, decent board, and a feel good factor around the place.

hopw yous get back up anyway

1 hour ago, surely not! said:

Well, Yano got the welfare out the LL so you never know.......

I dont know much on Whitehill or on standard of players they have/had.  I do remember Ian Little having a reasonable record at Berwick, teams played good football and from memory were in top end play off's. Sadly, like it or not someone finishes bottom, I just think on how York City in England went into free fall! Clubs like Kelty (akin to Edinburgh City) seem to have pots of money aka the signings being made. So you would have teams such as them, E kilbride, BSC Glasgow, Spartans and now East Stirlingshire chasing hard for top spot. On that evidence alone unless a Mr or Mrs moneybags comes Berwick's way they aint going to be any better than top 6? Maybe Man City backers fancy a lower league club as a side line

1 hour ago, Barnstormer said:

I dont know much on Whitehill or on standard of players they have/had.  I do remember Ian Little having a reasonable record at Berwick, teams played good football and from memory were in top end play off's. Sadly, like it or not someone finishes bottom, I just think on how York City in England went into free fall! Clubs like Kelty (akin to Edinburgh City) seem to have pots of money aka the signings being made. So you would have teams such as them, E kilbride, BSC Glasgow, Spartans and now East Stirlingshire chasing hard for top spot. On that evidence alone unless a Mr or Mrs moneybags comes Berwick's way they aint going to be any better than top 6? Maybe Man City backers fancy a lower league club as a side line

Edinburgh City and pots of money :lol:

Maybe Edinburgh and surrounding area based players just want to sign for an Edinburgh based League Club.  When Meadowbank Thistle were doing fairly well in the late 1980s Berwick were.. not very good. And Meadowbank never had much money.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Edinburgh City and pots of money :lol:

Maybe Edinburgh and surrounding area based players just want to sign for an Edinburgh based League Club.  When Meadowbank Thistle were doing fairly well in the late 1980s Berwick were.. not very good. And Meadowbank never had much money.

C'mon Tam we all know your the sugar daddy whose funding City:lol:

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 15:00, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Jesus. It's happened again. 

I can't even be arsed to dismantle it. We're going down but don't worry everyone, you're all going to be putting more money in and so are local businesses. I bet you can't wait!

Poetic justice, Mr Unbeatable. I stumbled across this recently and despite wishing your club well in the play-off and being disappointed with your capitulation against Cove.... I had to laugh at this thread you started a couple of years ago....

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 15:32, Yellow Feet said:

Bingo. Cut down the post to highlight the key parts but this is spot on. 

I was fighting with the board, and the board before that, to try and get anything done. Not the way to progress, as most people will eventually ask themselves what the point is. 

I’m not the most liked and I suppose one of the reasons is my stubbornness to do what I feel is best for the club, even is others (John) disagreed. 

An example:

John Bell kept overlapping posts on Facebook and fucking up the content. I said I was happy to share whatever he wanted shared, but asked politely that he emailed it to me so it could go out at the right time. He ignored me and kept doing it.

Next I asked Len, as Chairman, to speak to him. Either that conversation never happened or John chose to ignore him and kept doing it.

I asked him a third time, being careful to explain that I was trying to keep a consistent tone of voice and style. He ignored me again and kept posting.

So what did I do? Deleted him from all social media to stop him. He threw a hissy fit, demanded to get put back on “because i’m the vice chairman” and then tried to get me sacked.

It wasn’t the best way to go about it, but as Dale said I had to force the change as I was being ingored whilst trying to do what was right. That complete lack of willingness to accept the youngsters is a large part of the downfall of the club.

I'm not the most liked? Haha. I love you pal, especially after reading this thread starter. Nice one!

Little has actually managed in LL twice before not once. As well as Whitehill last season (finishing last) he led Vale of Leithen in 2014-15 (finishing 9th out of 14).

He departed Vale and joined Heriot-Watt University in EOSL, taking them 10th out of 15 in the consolidated single-division setup in 2015-16. I think he then moved on to work with Livingston's youths.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Little has actually managed in LL twice before not once. As well as Whitehill last season (finishing last) he led Vale of Leithen in 2014-15 (finishing 9th out of 14).

He departed Vale and joined Heriot-Watt University in EOSL, taking them 10th out of 15 in the consolidated single-division setup in 2015-16. I think he then moved on to work with Livingston's youths.
He was at Bonnyrigg as part of Dave White's coaching staff but left when Robbie Horn made his return.

THE NOTORIOUS TWEEDMOUTH ELEVEN

REMEMBER; HUSH, EYRE, BELL, PARKIN, BERESFORD, EXLEY, McLAREN, TAIT, HAMILTON, HOOD & WATKIN - COLLECTIVELY GOT BERWICK RANGERS RELEGATED! Nobody else but them!

Nearly one week on from loosing our league status, the sound from the boardroom is deafening!!!

I'm sure these lot think we are all as thick as the yellow pages, their tactics are clearly to leave it a week or so, until the dust settles, then a couple of directors (Walla and Lennie) will walk the plank, leaving the remaining clowns to try and run what's left. This means Bell as chairman (T*ssa) Heston representing the supporters club (nae idea) then a group of sheep directors (baa!!!) who don't have a pot to piss in, Yano in as manager, Brownlie as Director of football.

No way this will get us back, but the reality is that the current board know they cannot compete with others in the LL and if you think top six is realistic next season, then you've been buying something other than blinds from the shop at Highfields.

I wonder if they gave each other "I GOT BERWICK RELEGATED!" badges, last Saturday, to wear in the pubs about town whilst chuckling the night away.

In all honesty, they couldn't give a shite, no moral compass from any of them, some will fade into the background, others will carry on with their ego trips and will eventually give Bell carte blanch, who knows we might even have a new stadium in time for the EOSL in 2021, these directors; the notorious tweedmouth eleven, didn't even try to retain the clubs league status, they club dropped out the league with a wimper

Disappointing and Disgraceful!

3 hours ago, Drifter said:

I'm not the most liked? Haha. I love you pal, especially after reading this thread starter. Nice one!

To think they actually employed that c**t as their media manager. No wonder they went on a slippery slope.

Rumourwatch: someone in EOS sub-forum claims Banji "BJ" Koya... current boss of Heriot-Watt Uni and Scottish Universities national team... in line for assistant manager. Top-notch coach.

On a separate note - confirmed today that Johnny Fairbairn has left managing Coldstream to coach Excelsior Rotterdam's schoolboys.