Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Sorry for Berwick  and their fans but think it’s going to happen to others with money being thrown at some clubs.Anybody can have a bad season and you want to keep out of league 2 if you possibly can.Afraid I don’t see what Cove and Edinburgh Citybring to the league certainly not support,but they have earned it on the pitch.

4 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

Capacity issues 

9FD7B921-901B-4548-9CAA-8AEBB78AFCEC.jpeg

Who are the guys at the table? The  one on the green jacket was sitting close to where I was and I think chose the MOTM.

23 minutes ago, PRS said:

Who are the guys at the table? The  one on the green jacket was sitting close to where I was and I think chose the MOTM.

The three young lads are from Highmooth 

Commiserations to Berwick on such a painful day.  I wish you well for the future, safe in the knowledge that on 28th January 1967 you achieved the most seismic result in the history of Scottish senior club football - I recall it well.

And I guess the fans there wouldn’t have expected that within around 50 years both teams would leave the league.

Was a strange atmosphere today. Was surprised at the lack of anger from the Berwick fans. But best of luck and hope you’re back soon.

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

Was a strange atmosphere today. Was surprised at the lack of anger from the Berwick fans. But best of luck and hope you’re back soon.

Denial > anger > bargaining > depression> acceptance.

I think most people reached the fifth stage of grief long before today, anger has long gone.

4 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

All the best for next season Berwick fans. Hope you guys re-group and come back stronger. Hope to see you guys make a swift return.

Ffs, don’t post that on the Lowland League forum, you’ll be lynched. Some of the top clubs in there have been trying for years. Straight back up, hee hee.

3 minutes ago, mid-table said:

I think most people reached the fifth stage of grief long before today, anger has long gone.

Absolutely. We've been rubbish for years, dreadful for months, down for a week. It's been utterly corrosive on morale.

I attend almost all home and a few away games. Last saw us finish above 8th in 2015-16, last saw us win in November, last saw us score in March. Hats-off to those who regularly travel away.

Even punctuating it with cup runs dried-up a few seasons ago.

I'd doubt anyone regards today as a release - but if there's a silver lining it's that winning regularly and looking upward in a league should return a bit of joy to Saturday afternoons.

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

Absolutely. We've been rubbish for years, dreadful for months, down for a week. It's been utterly corrosive on morale.

I attend almost all home and a few away games. Last saw us finish above 8th in 2015-16, last saw us win in November, last saw us score in March. Hats-off to those who regularly travel away.

I'd doubt anyone regards today as a release - but if there's a silver lining it's that winning regularly and looking upward in a league should return a bit of joy to Saturday afternoons.

This. With knobs on. 

3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

You know about the LL, without drastic change can you see BRFC finishing in the top 4 next season??

Do you really think with this group of utter amateurs we will be winning regularly?

Then there’s the players to talk about.

5 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

You know about the LL, without drastic change can you see BRFC finishing in the top 4 next season??

From what I've seen this season: I feel our current team wouldn't lay a glove on top 5 and would also be second-best to 'Shire and Cumbernauld.

In saying "winning regularly" it is assuming new players are recruited... current squad appallingly sub-standard.

Edited by HibeeJibee

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

From what I've seen this season: I feel our current team wouldn't lay a glove on top 5 and would also be second-best to 'Shire and Cumbernauld.

In saying "winning regularly" it is assuming new players are recruited... current squad appallingly sub-standard.

I would think the squad you have wouldn't be too hot in the EOSL with See being the only decent player it must have been frustrating for the guy playing with a lot of dross beside him.

Quite amusing the crowd was 1314:lol:

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

I would think the squad you have wouldn't be too hot in the EOSL with See being the only decent player it must have been frustrating for the guy playing with a lot of dross beside him.

Our current team wouldn't lay a glove on approaching a dozen EOS Premier clubs, IMO.

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Our current team wouldn't lay a glove on approaching a dozen EOS Premier clubs, IMO.

Aye I was down today apart from See your squad is really poor. Too much bang average former junior players a clear out is needed if your to do anything next season.

53 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

The board need to confirm who is taking the club forward next season first. Not the time I know, but Johnny Harvey would put a better team out in the LL than Yano imho