Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

A mind that Berwick side...Good team.Gary Wood a think his name ? Lad up front with ginger hair he was a right good player.

A couple of familiar faces in there, 2 friends of mine Ian Diack and is that Chris McGroarty with that awful dyed blonde barnet?? Top lads and very very good footballers!!

A mind that Berwick side...Good team.Gary Wood a think his name ? Lad up front with ginger hair he was a right good player.

Eclipsed by a superb and entertaining Cowden team the season before - I remember Berwick were a very solid rather defensive side who didn't score a lot of goals but could grind out wins. Gary Wood of course a Cowdenbeath youths product.

9 hours ago, tescodave said:

Am I missing something here with the programme for Saturday??

Why only a max of 2 purchases per person? Are they expecting a huge rush due to it being our last ever league game and so it’ll become a collectors item?

Why not sell them to whoever no matter if you want 1 copy or 31?

Go on, someone enlighten me please.

Your theory wouldn't be far from the truth.

14 hours ago, A Believer said:
On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:44, Ducket Lodger said:
I've heard that the incoming chairman has a cunning plan to reinstate JH, the thinking being that he has experience at LL level and would be the man to get the club back on track, after all JH was his man, JB did not want him sacked but was overruled by the rest of the board, apparently it wasn't so much a sacking but garden leave. oucha!

Do you mind if I ask if this is from a Director subsequent to a Board discussion? No need to name. Or are you a BRFC Director? Just checking the veracity of what you say before commenting.

Mr Believer, after Saturday the club will be valueless, JB wants full control which he believes he will get, part of his plan is to bring back JH, that is why JH has not taken up another managerial role, contact JH on social media and he will tell you he is on gardening leave, the board didn't have the money to compensate him, he just stepped aside and will be reinstated when the dust settles.

In answer to your question; no, I am not a BRFC director, I did get this information from a reliable source who has been associated for a long time, I was shocked by this revelation and as  I am no supporter of JB, it needs to be aired to the public, JB is not the person to take this club forward in any capacity let alone chairman. 

Mr Believer, after Saturday the club will be valueless, JB wants full control which he believes he will get, part of his plan is to bring back JH, that is why JH has not taken up another managerial role, contact JH on social media and he will tell you he is on gardening leave, the board didn't have the money to compensate him, he just stepped aside and will be reinstated when the dust settles.
In answer to your question; no, I am not a BRFC director, I did get this information from a reliable source who has been associated for a long time, I was shocked by this revelation and as  I am no supporter of JB, it needs to be aired to the public, JB is not the person to take this club forward in any capacity let alone chairman. 

Absolute lies.

On 17/05/2019 at 07:57, Ducket Lodger said:

I try very hard to let the flow of Pie and Bovril wash over me, as too often comments can be economical with the truth or just plain way off the mark, but on this occasion I'm going to challenge your outright lies, and question why, in recent weeks, there appears to have been a very deliberate attempt to discredit me as a potential Chairman before I've even taken up the post.

I've put forward a model for the future which works towards a sustainable club based on many more people/businesses each making a small contribution. The aim is to 'wash our face' as a Club, as an organisation losing money each year is a poor option for inward investment. If an investment only goes towards reducing losses for a year, then little remains to actually improve matters, be it team or facilities.

Maybe that's not the model that some people want, but to plant this kind of nonsense doesn't improve the situation at all.

Edited by john bell

2 hours ago, john bell said:

I try very hard to let the flow of Pie and Bovril wash over me, as too often comments can be economical with the truth or just plain way off the mark, but on this occasion I'm going to challenge your outright lies, and question why, in recent weeks, there appears to have been a very deliberate attempt to discredit me as a potential Chairman before I've even taken up the post.

I've put forward a model for the future which works towards a sustainable club based on many more people/businesses each making a small contribution. The aim is to 'wash our face' as a Club, as an organisation losing money each year is a poor option for inward investment and is a soft target for investors with less than honourable intentions. If an investment only goes towards reducing losses for a year, then little remains to actually improve matters, be it team or facilities.

Maybe that's not the model that some people want, but to plant this kind of nonsense doesn't improve the situation at all.

Mr Bell

May I say to you as potential Chairman why are the board noticeable by their silence ??

Also offer that in the absence of information from the "horse's mouth", folks tend to make up their own information that's generally off the mark

Down in the Federal Republic of wisbechistan, information is limited to internet.

Perhaps its time to set us all straight

Edited by berwicksfinest

I've put forward a model for the future which works towards a sustainable club based on many more people/businesses each making a small contribution. The aim is to 'wash our face' as a Club, as an organisation losing money each year is a poor option for inward investment and is a soft target for investors with less than honourable intentions. If an investment only goes towards reducing losses for a year, then little remains to actually improve matters, be it team or facilities.

Tbh it’s farcical that the chairman to be is on here reacting to internet trolls. Surely a man in your position would distance yourself away from the nonsense that gets spouted on social media and concentrate more on pressing issues within the club? The clubs already a laughing stock these days and stuff like this isn’t going to help matters!!

OOH! The nerve of truth has been touched!

Sustainable club, with more people and businesses making a small contribution, your in cloud cuckoo land mate, in reality  most people and businesses in the town cannot be arsed with  the club, so face facts, you will loose more sponsorship and support as soon as you step into the LL, you may have parachute payments in the first two years but it is unlikely that this will be enough money to mount a creditable promotion challenge, going forward you have re-signed the players who have underperformed this season and have got us in this mess in the first place. you are also deluded if you think my comments are a deliberate attempt to discredit you, your track record speaks for itself, look at what you have presided over and then ask yourself if you really are the man for the job!

Finally, your doing yourself no favours by commenting on P & B in your own name, you should be more professional than that, especially, when your a club director and incoming chairman, leave P & B to us numpties, its the only way we can get our frustrations out, but at least we now know some of the board are reading our posts.

Putting the confrontations to one side, I hope everyone who can, will turn up on Saturday and cheer the team on to an very unlikely win, we all know its beyond hopeless, but whilst there is a glimmer! 

I'm alarmed that this post doesn't deny that Johnny Harvey will return.

54 minutes ago, Berwick86 said:
5 hours ago, john bell said:

I'm alarmed that this post doesn't deny that Johnny Harvey will return.

As a neutral with no knowledge or understanding of what’s going on in the boardroom at Berwick, that jumped out at me as well. If the post is outright lies, would it not be easy to deny that very specific point in it?

What a deluded comment to come from the next chairman incumbent but also someone who oversaw the apointment of Harvey. Instead of posting on here which is laughable to say the least, the fans would rather have had a statement of intent from the board. After all every single one of them are accountable for what has happened. The comment about more investment to come from town businesses is also pie in the bovril sky, the consensus seems to be that there are willing backers as long as the current board are not present. The board have just lumbered from one embarrassment to another until the play offs became reality. The PR is a joke as is the ludicrous marketing of the play off. A chance to get the town behind the team has been lost, possibly for the last time before the Lowland League beckons. I hope that the fans get behind the team on Saturday in the hope that miracles do happen. However if we did do that it still be same as on the board next season, so more of same and that's not what the fans want.

1 hour ago, Ducket Lodger said:

OOH! The nerve of truth has been touched!

Sustainable club, with more people and businesses making a small contribution, your in cloud cuckoo land mate, in reality  most people and businesses in the town cannot be arsed with  the club, so face facts, you will loose more sponsorship and support as soon as you step into the LL, you may have parachute payments in the first two years but it is unlikely that this will be enough money to mount a creditable promotion challenge, going forward you have re-signed the players who have underperformed this season and have got us in this mess in the first place. you are also deluded if you think my comments are a deliberate attempt to discredit you, your track record speaks for itself, look at what you have presided over and then ask yourself if you really are the man for the job!

Finally, your doing yourself no favours by commenting on P & B in your own name, you should be more professional than that, especially, when your a club director and incoming chairman, leave P & B to us numpties, its the only way we can get our frustrations out, but at least we now know some of the board are reading our posts.

Putting the confrontations to one side, I hope everyone who can, will turn up on Saturday and cheer the team on to an very unlikely win, we all know its beyond hopeless, but whilst there is a glimmer! 

Call me old school, But at least JB doesn't high behind a moniker. He's come on here in his own name

rightly or wrongly using P&B as a medium, its a voice from the board. The Website is a joke, I don't use social media. 

But a statement should be made whatever the intentions 

BUT FFS if JH comes back i'm supporting Wisbech Town