Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

3 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

BRFC will have to tighten their belt massively in the event of relegation and it remains to be seen whether casual fans, who are used to and spoiled by league football, will come back for consecutive years of Lowland League football.

Last season the team finishing 10th in SPFL2 got £43K, and there is a parachute payment (£40K I believe in season 1, and £20K in season 2). Trouble is we've got a HUGE amount of team rebuilding to do, and it's already hard to attract players, so I suspect that money won't go very far. The boardroom coup backers tried tightening the purse strings, and that was the straw that broke the Berwick camel's back. If the board try tightening the purse strings again, the only way we'll go is down.

Either way, the current squad have 180 mins to show the new bosses that they're worthy of a place next season. TIme to stand up and be counted, on AND off the pitch!

6 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

What a load of rubbish. So, because Berwick have history that means that they shouldn’t be relegated? For too long, club 42 had no fear of dropping out of the league, I’m all for automatic relegation (albeit hopefully it never happens to East Fife). I get that Cowden supporters have a massive chip on their shoulders when it comes to Cove but saying that they have a soulless ground with no fans just reeks of irony.

I’m sure Aberdeen can sustain another professional club, and I doubt the crowds will be that bad compared to other clubs in the bottom leagues. Cove have earned the right to have the opportunity to enter League 2 so best of luck to them.

Rankin running cove  as well as Dumbarton and east fife now ?

6 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

What a load of rubbish. So, because Berwick have history that means that they shouldn’t be relegated? For too long, club 42 had no fear of dropping out of the league, I’m all for automatic relegation (albeit hopefully it never happens to East Fife). I get that Cowden supporters have a massive chip on their shoulders when it comes to Cove but saying that they have a soulless ground with no fans just reeks of irony.

I’m sure Aberdeen can sustain another professional club, and I doubt the crowds will be that bad compared to other clubs in the bottom leagues. Cove have earned the right to have the opportunity to enter League 2 so best of luck to them.

Read my post again, I didn’t say Berwick should be relegated.

i think that over time, city teams like Edinburgh city and Cove will access the senior leagues at the expense of provincial Clubs as the city clubs can attract more investment. It mirrors what is happening in Scotland in all areas in that the cities are soaking up the money, facilities and jobs at the expense of the more rural areas. 

But as I said earlier, there is limited intelligence on this forum to understand the complexities of the discussion.

methil no more !

32 minutes ago, Alpha Gordini said:

Last season the team finishing 10th in SPFL2 got £43K, and there is a parachute payment (£40K I believe in season 1, and £20K in season 2). Trouble is we've got a HUGE amount of team rebuilding to do, and it's already hard to attract players, so I suspect that money won't go very far. The boardroom coup backers tried tightening the purse strings, and that was the straw that broke the Berwick camel's back. If the board try tightening the purse strings again, the only way we'll go is down.

Either way, the current squad have 180 mins to show the new bosses that they're worthy of a place next season. TIme to stand up and be counted, on AND off the pitch!

But we have already announced 4 of the squad as signed for next year? before the manager even  got sacked? An that's the issue, a lack of joined up thinking, a board within a board. the supporters club representatives think they can do what they want which led to the resignation of GM.  The coup last summer was wrong but there intentions were good. To give the club a plan. At the moment our only plan is to survive and guess what, that's what happens, we survive, Just. 

As for Saturday, I can see the Cove team are older, some in their 30s , perhaps their defence is not the quickest. We have in our team some quick guys like Adamson and Blues, that could be our saving grace. Good luck guys, sorry I can't be there, Im stuck in Malaga with 24c heat, it's a nightmare

Just having a rummage through the Wikipedia page for this season, the absolute state of being involved in four of the five mtches called out for high scorelines, with us on the receiving end three times;

image.png.4fc7a848dad0cd17ecda34c4dd842b95.png

Edited by DutchBorderer

Read my post again, I didn’t say Berwick should be relegated.
i think that over time, city teams like Edinburgh city and Cove will access the senior leagues at the expense of provincial Clubs as the city clubs can attract more investment. It mirrors what is happening in Scotland in all areas in that the cities are soaking up the money, facilities and jobs at the expense of the more rural areas. 
But as I said earlier, there is limited intelligence on this forum to understand the complexities of the discussion.
methil no more !

So basically your argument is that because a club is from a city they shouldn’t be able to access the professional set up at the expense of clubs who continue to dwell at the bottom of League 2?

Club 42 should automatically be relegated, we should not have a closed shop system and I’m all for introducing fresh clubs into the league, regardless of where they are from.

5 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

So basically your argument is that because a club is from a city they shouldn’t be able to access the professional set up at the expense of clubs who continue to dwell at the bottom of League 2?

Club 42 should automatically be relegated, we should not have a closed shop system and I’m all for introducing fresh clubs into the league, regardless of where they are from.

I’m not sure I have the strength or time to try and explain to you. But try this,

im not arguing against anything, just pointing out that in 10 years it may well  be that there will be very few provincial clubs in the senior leagues. I think that’s reflective of how Scotland is developing where the cities thrive and the rural areas decline. That’s sad but nothing can be done about it apparently. 

I’m off to buy a pad in Edinburgh and get some pals called Rupert.

Please put the lights out if your the last person to leave Fife.

22 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Unless of course it was your club which it would be without Rankin

2 minutes ago, dougster said:

Unless of course it was your club which it would be without Rankin

Your misinformed

the main east fife shareholder is a 13 year old girl who happens to be the daughter of Rankins bird. So move along, nothing to see here.

12 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Your misinformed

the main east fife shareholder is a 13 year old girl who happens to be the daughter of Rankins bird. So move along, nothing to see here.

‘ Bird’ is very 70s does he own a kestral? 

The words many fingers and pies spring to mind

16 minutes ago, dougster said:

‘ Bird’ is very 70s does he own a kestral? 

The words many fingers and pies spring to mind

He might own a kestrel.

33 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Your misinformed

I thought she was in her 20's now.

1 hour ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

And let Lowland league clubs into League 2 when the SFA are blocking the best clubs from joining the Lowland League? There will come a time when the pyramid is sufficient and team 42 will get relegated - today is not that time. If we are stopping clubs like Bonnyrigg getting promoted then the SPFL clubs should not vote for automatic relegation. 

It's not a closed shop system if club 42 can go down in the play off

I’m really not looking forward to Saturday. Not one bit however we’ll be there and right behind the team. I’d take a one goal defeat however I’m resigned to at least 2 and more than likely 3 plus. Hopefully the new Gaffer and Yano have found something that’ll work.

Come on lads let’s get torn in about this! Jimmy Rowan’s Black & Gold Army!!!

6 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Good chance the Lowland league will be full of ex juniors clubs in ten years time, overwhelming majority of those clubs trying to move up from tier five will be "provincial"

Highland league the teams directly below Cove come from the bustling metropolises of Brora, Fraserburgh, Pitmedden, Inverurie, Forres and Wick

I don’t see any of them making any impact without a sugar daddy.  Brora have one 

top teams in the lowland league are East Kilbride (big new town ) and Spartans (Edinburgh)

I spoke to a well known supporter last night, he said, the problem with the club is the power the ST and SC have given themselves, he said the ST and SC members are responsible for the demise of the club, with their committee's buying shares to try and take effective control of the club, this has chased off potential investors who will only put money in, when there are likeminded investors, dealing with committee's with power grabbing leaders and massive ego's is a big issue against outside investment.

This is a sinking club already holed below the waterline, the funeral director president will no doubt perform the last rites:(

The only hope is divine intervention, keep the score respectable on Saturday, a draw, one nil to them or one nil to us, then get them back to Shielfield on the 18th, where big Jim Rowan's Black and Gold Army can put them to the sword, everything sorted.