Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

34 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

Absolute nonsense. Most of the Bonnyrigg side would walk into your team aswell as ours. So you would have Brett over your current right back? You didn’t answer the question. 

That’s complete nonsense. I’m starting to suspect you don’t actually watch much football.

I didn’t answer your question as it’s irrelevant. For what it’s worth though, Mullen just won our ‘players player of the year’, right now I would rather him in my team than Brett. Brett is 100% good enough for L2 and only playing ‘non league’ due to his misdemeanours. 

Brett aside, there isn’t a single player in that Bonnyrigg starting XI I would actively want in the Cowden team. The centre halves would do fine but wouldn’t really be a massive difference.

Murrell got stacks of game time for Berwick and was just not good enough. I was happy to see him go. 

But..... Robbie Horn thought he was the best finisher at the club and was quick to take him to Bonnyrigg where he has scored plenty. 

So, was he crap for us because he was playing in a poor team, or was he easily snuffed out by decent defenders. Personally I think the former, and wouldn't have him back. 

17 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

That’s complete nonsense. I’m starting to suspect you don’t actually watch much football.

I didn’t answer your question as it’s irrelevant. For what it’s worth though, Mullen just won our ‘players player of the year’, right now I would rather him in my team than Brett. Brett is 100% good enough for L2 and only playing ‘non league’ due to his misdemeanours. 

Brett aside, there isn’t a single player in that Bonnyrigg starting XI I would actively want in the Cowden team. The centre halves would do fine but wouldn’t really be a massive difference.

Lee currie would walk into any team in league 2 probably the big striker for Bonnyrigg aswell. 

Seeing as Cove just horsed EK , who were miles ahead in the Lowland League, your statement that a lot of teams in the league would be no worse than Cove is a bit exaggerated is it not? Currie was a good player in his day but latterly at Berwick he was a lazy... waste of a shirt.

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

Over Aloulou? Yes.

Over Rose? Hard to say.

Over See and Adamson? No.

Matter of opinion ofcourse but would have him in ahead of aloulou rose and Adamson and ideally up top with see. For record last season ouzy scored 3 from 11 starts murrell 4 from 13 starts make of that what you will. 

My point was more at the fact the he has came up with crucial goals/assists in crucial moments for Bonnyrigg in a time where we are going to need somebody to do similar and I don’t see where this is going to come from but you never know. 

2 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

Matter of opinion ofcourse but would have him in ahead of aloulou rose and Adamson and ideally up top with see. For record last season ouzy scored 3 from 11 starts murrell 4 from 13 starts make of that what you will. 

My point was more at the fact the he has came up with crucial goals/assists in crucial moments for Bonnyrigg in a time where we are going to need somebody to do similar and I don’t see where this is going to come from but you never know. 

I liked Murrell when I’ve seen him play. Works hard and always gets a shot away 

3 minutes ago, dougster said:

I liked Murrell when I’ve seen him play. Works hard and always gets a shot away 

I thought he was ok as well. Looked like he had potential.

Still only 21 aswell. It’s just so frustrating when you see the players that Harvey released are all doing pretty well and the position we find ourselves in, He didn’t even see half of the players he signed play before signing them. The guy completely fucked our club over big time. 

It was more just the point I made about a player we released who is in form scoring and creating goals which is something we desperately need going into these next 2 weeks. Fingers crossed someone can come up with the goods I still remain quietly confident. Not sure the bookies agree though most offering around 1/2 for cove and getting as high as even 5/1 for us this weekend. 

55 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

It was more just the point I made about a player we released who is in form scoring and creating goals which is something we desperately need going into these next 2 weeks. Fingers crossed someone can come up with the goods I still remain quietly confident. Not sure the bookies agree though most offering around 1/2 for cove and getting as high as even 5/1 for us this weekend. 

Any single one of Dundee FC's first team strikers would be banging goals in at this level - I'm not saying the drop from them to us is the same as from us to Bonnyrigg, but I don't think we can take Murrell's performances of late as definitive proof that we made a mistake in letting him go. I recall someone mentioning they'd pay his bus ticket to anywhere, so it's not like we were all unanimously agreed on his quality - I myself did not fancy him either although I am pleased for him to be proving me at least slightly wrong at the moment.

Then again, Johnny Harvey was so terrible in the transfer department that I'd almost say we should have done the exact opposite of what he proposed and did - meaning in this case we should have had Murrell's name as the first in the line-up.

2 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Mon the Cove awe for  pyramid getting moving and fancy a wee day oot in Berwick , had brilliant holidays there and Haggerston when a wir a lad 

I love your enthusiam but....

• A. Wrong thread - the match thread is here
  • B. You are very welcome in Berwick and at Haggerston Castle but
  • C. We'd rather you get promoted instead of us being relegated

4 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

I love your enthusiam but....

• A. Wrong thread - the match thread is here
  • B. You are very welcome in Berwick and at Haggerston Castle but
  • C. We'd rather you get promoted instead of us being relegated

Might be a wee while for us getting promoted but going about things the right way I hope , still best of luck Saturday neebs