Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

5 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

And people came on here and had a right good go at Dom, I think it’s clear as day who was the real arsehole. 

Yeah. Both of them.

23 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

JH's statement;

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.1b666c5775dac6c659d4446110e57206.png

image.thumb.png.6bce881e4346fd72ce3d42736285bb56.png

image.thumb.png.e151702ff04c81b217e274c06f39d943.png

image.thumb.png.99370eff6292adb31f020e3f8ef3b98f.png

Once again it’s all about him ! A self conceited , egotistical , delusional twat ! Accepting no responsibility whatsoever and passing the buck ! 

I think everyone will see a different Berwick Rangers team tomorrow . 

Johhny Harvey lost the dressing room and respect from players long ago . 

Absolutely delighted about the new management appointment . It’s all about going forward . 

We will all pull together for the next three games . 

Good luck 

What worried me most under Harvey was as soon as the team conceded the game was over. 1-0 soon led to 2-0 and beyond. Hopefully that’ll end now. They may go a goal down in the play offs but for goodness sake stay in the tie and don’t throw in the towel as under Harvey. Still looking bleak but hope is restored just a little. Are there no out of contract players who could make a difference willing to be signed up for 2 games!!!! 

Genuinely hope he and his family enjoy better times than the last 6 months. 

My only problem with that statement is not having more remorse for inflicting on the fans a team that is several levels below anything I've ever seen before. You can't just point the finger at history, as if the manager hasn't much influence on performance. 

Other than that, glad he said something rather than nothing. 

Previous managers have dealt with worse. Yet we’re all capable of pulling together a team that at least competed. This man is a trumpet, certainly isn’t doing himself any favours in terms of future roles. 

1 hour ago, Pompey Blue said:

What worried me most under Harvey was as soon as the team conceded the game was over. 1-0 soon led to 2-0 and beyond. Hopefully that’ll end now. They may go a goal down in the play offs but for goodness sake stay in the tie and don’t throw in the towel as under Harvey. Still looking bleak but hope is restored just a little. Are there no out of contract players who could make a difference willing to be signed up for 2 games!!!! 

You can’t sign and play anyone new now

54 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

You can’t sign and play anyone new now

You can sign free agents at any time as long as they were released by their previous club before the end of the last window. 

Edited by Pompey Blue
Update

Who is the director that has resigned?  

somebody answer!

Big Jim Rowan will broker the deal to turn the club around, he knows the game and recognises that there needs to be an investor owner group not the Trust and Supporter Club pish, its them to blame for the current predicament, with their I own the club ego's =SACK THE BOARD!

32 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Well to be precise you can sign them but you can't play them in SPFL match till next season. No trialists or new signings can be brought in to play in any season after 1 April

I bow to your superior knowledge. I always thought that unattached free agents could be signed and played anytime during the season. 

Almost every league has a cut-off for signings and often even for fielding trialists... typically March 31st or April 30th.

Otherwise teams in hot water could draft a load of ringers to help them out, free agents or from clubs with only dead-rubbers left (or indeed finished their seasons entirely).

In amateur football it's usually done to stop teams beefing-up for cup finals etc.

Edited by HibeeJibee