Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

4 minutes ago, Redcar said:

How do you know it was leaked from the Board? Maybe it was Johnny Harvey or one of his chums? 

He was telling his mates last night before it was announced but why wouldn't he? He'd be upset you would hope

6 minutes ago, Redcar said:

How do you know it was leaked from the Board? Maybe it was Johnny Harvey or one of his chums? 

FWIW There was a comment on FB this morning (which appears to have mysteriously disappeared) from one of the Harvey clan describing Little as a snake, and saying JH was going to bring him in anyway. Reading Little's comments on the Whitehill page, though, the contact from BRFC last night came out of the blue.

FWIW There was a comment on FB this morning (which appears to have mysteriously disappeared) from one of the Harvey clan describing Little as a snake, and saying JH was going to bring him in anyway. Reading Little's comments on the Whitehill page, though, the contact from BRFC last night came out of the blue.

Ian little was at the Albion Rovers game on Saturday.

Ron Polson bringing the hot takes;
image.png.12b058d23f0d306f760048f81f1d7b6b.png
Never mind Johnny got to bring in a dozen signings of his own and let players like Paul and Gary go - and that we are now rock bottom rather than near the bottom.

The fucking state of that

31 minutes ago, Alpha Gordini said:

Reading Little's comments on the Whitehill page, though, the contact from BRFC last night came out of the blue.

He also stated he was looking at players for ww next season for a shot at the EOSFL. 

I don't think we actually had any players on the books for next season.Surely that shouldve been looked at long before that statement.The players he brought to ww hardly set the world on fire. 

I don't think the club have actually went public regarding the EOSFL situation as we can still reapply for LL status albeit slim chances wi the new regulations the SFA have stipulated so I'd take what he says wi a pinch of salt  ?

30 minutes ago, Back post Willie said:

I had the pleasure of watching his team get absolutely horsed on FRIDAY night, I wouldn't build my hope's up on this one but do hope you turn things around and keep your league status. 

1 hour ago, Back post Willie said:

Tbh his Whitehill game was a Lowland League Cup R1 defeat on the Friday night at BSCG so he didn't have a game of his own that day and their season had finished so no upcoming opponent to scout. There were lots of ex-players there like Gary O'Connor, Gary Wood, etc. etc.

My own feeling is this has come at the 59th minute of the 11th hour but late is better than never. Even if the strategy was to give Harvey the chance to win on Saturday - why not fire him that night given several extra days and an extra training session for the new men? Ultimately what's done is done, though, not worth raking over currently.

I don't feel that Brownlie's 15 years out of management and Little's uninspiring season taking Whitehill to relegation really factor very much. Clearly, there are only certain people who would want to step in at all in these fairly extraordinary and emergency set of circumstances, plus there are only certain things they can do. They can't sign anyone... they can't scout the opposition... they only have 3 training sessions and 1 dead-rubber game to even work on tactics and size-up the players. It's about a fresh sheet of paper and a fresh breath of air, re-motivating the players and fans, perhaps neutralising any sense of grievance or despondency, and voiding any sense that some players had "fallen out of favour" or had faces which didn't fit.

He’s been at a fair few Stirling Albion games this season, always seems to sit in the row in front of me.

As for Johnny Harvey, it surely had to be done, I just hope, for the sake of Berwick fans, that it’s not a case of to little to late.

It had to be done. There was absolutely no chance of Berwick winning any playoff. Now if the new management team can galvanise the squad then there is a chance. It’ll still be tough but it can be done.

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

It had to be done. There was absolutely no chance of Berwick winning any playoff. Now if the new management team can galvanise the squad then there is a chance. It’ll still be tough but it can be done.

Galvanise is not a word I would associate with Ian little 

4 hours ago, Redcar said:

In hindsight, I phrased this terribly. Either way, the club's official channels should be the first point of people knowing - not P&B hearsay. In that case, having told Johnny and knowing he would likely spread the word, something should have been put out last night. It was announced on social media anyway - not as a story on the site - so it would have taken 5 minutes to do. Instead, it appears over 12 hours later and after everyone knows. It's just amateurish.

Edited by OnTheDucketFence

I'm surprised Harvey lasted this long tbh. His interviews for the last couple of months have absolutely reeked of a raving lunatic who was miles out his depth. Billy Brown esque stuff.

His X Factor sob story pish about how hard he works was cringeworthy. Although I'm actually quite disappointed this will be the end of my Monday morning ritual of watching his latest heads gone interview.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm surprised Harvey lasted this long tbh. His interviews for the last couple of months have absolutely reeked of a raving lunatic who was miles out his depth. Billy Brown esque stuff.

His X Factor sob story pish about how hard he works was cringeworthy. Although I'm actually quite disappointed this will be the end of my Monday morning ritual of watching his latest heads gone interview.

I have to confess to a similar guilty pleasure & I suspect there will be a few more we may need to form a support group ^_^

I will miss the post match interviews.

Heeeeeeerrrrrrrreeeeee's Jonny! That was the Shining wasn't it. One flew over the cuckoo's nest was more appropriate for him,

Good luck in the play off's Berwick