Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Don’t think it would be right to question any incoming managers. It’s what we have all been asking for, for some weeks now. Hopefully it’s not too late, and the guys can boost the morale and get the spirits lifted. As much as the players have come under a lot of criticism I don’t think they have been performing to levels anywhere near what they are capable of, and that’s down to one man. So any change is positive in my eyes. Doubt JB will read this forum big big chance Yano will, so all the best mate and here’s our best 11:

brennan

cook Brydon Wilson mcilduff

adamson Murphy brown blues 

Barr see 

if all fit get they boys together over the next three training sessions and we may just have a fighting chance. 

I personally would have taken Zippy and Bungle from rainbow [emoji304]
So will support whoever till you just can’t anymore because of what is in front of you and that happened some 15 games ago with the outgoing manager and his team.
So signed players let’s be having you, please step up to the plate.

40 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

Don’t think it would be right to question any incoming managers. It’s what we have all been asking for, for some weeks now. Hopefully it’s not too late, and the guys can boost the morale and get the spirits lifted. As much as the players have come under a lot of criticism I don’t think they have been performing to levels anywhere near what they are capable of, and that’s down to one man. So any change is positive in my eyes. Doubt JB will read this forum big big chance Yano will, so all the best mate and here’s our best 11:

brennan

cook Brydon Wilson mcilduff

adamson Murphy brown blues 

Barr see 

if all fit get they boys together over the next three training sessions and we may just have a fighting chance. 

Decent team if Brydon/Wilson/Brennan/See fit   Think first three were all out last week?  Ian Little if correct in coming did a decent job at Berwick. From memory always played attacking style.   To me I would see him more as the lead role?

9 hours ago, tescodave said:

A guy who’s not been in the game for about 15 years and is knocking on 70. 

Technically not true - he was Director of Football or somesuch title at a Junior team about 5 years or so ago.

So I'm sure he'll know lots of players at that level who will be suitable for your LL campaign next season.

5 minutes ago, Barnstormer said:

Ian Little if correct in coming did a decent job at Berwick. From memory always played attacking style.   To me I would see him more as the lead role?

WW record played 16 won 1 draw 4 lost 11 (though one was 4 0 aet) for 13 against 38 

Very best of luck wi them stats :unsure2:

Finally. As a double appointment for 3 games I’m quite happy with that. Still a task to survive, but surely this gives us a better chance and it would have been more of a risk doing nothing.

Some common sense seems to be prevailing at long last.  Talk about taking your time though.  

Probably too little too late but if it instils even 5% more confidence in the team then it's worth doing.

Best of luck. 

On 28/04/2019 at 21:56, HibeeJibee said:

Ventured onto club official FB where I see the calls are now to get in Ian Little (who isn't actually free he's manager of Whitehill - bottom of LL incidentally),

Somebody was in the know :whistle

26 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

WW record played 16 won 1 draw 4 lost 11 (though one was 4 0 aet) for 13 against 38 

Very best of luck wi them stats :unsure2:

At least he's used to getting gubbed in the LL every week which will no doubt stand him in good stead for next season with Berwick.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Somebody just edited it to remove Fatima Whitbread's picture.

:lol: fair enough - some wag was quick off the mark last night then... There was me starting to think John Brownlie might've been to matchday hospitality what Coff was to the grandstand roof.

2 hours ago, dougster said:

No official announcement yet everyone knows, was Gavin Williamson at the meeting?  My only comment is  Berwick board and Parallel Universe

A strange clown world where Harvey won 59 out of 66 points and got poached by a SPL team I'm sure.

I fully support the decision and the incoming technical staff - not to mention the boys in our squad. It's been a dark few months but it seems some light is shining through the trapdoor now.

Brownlie is a brilliant shout, both guys will have the respect of the squad and that’s a massive improvement already. Plus his experience is invaluable, forget his age, it’s not like he’s there to “defend crosses and win headers”! :whistle

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Brownlie is a brilliant shout, both guys will have the respect of the squad and that’s a massive improvement already. Plus his experience is invaluable, forget his age, it’s not like he’s there to “defend crosses and win headers”! :whistle

But does he have so much confidence in himself?