Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

Unless those highlights were very selectively edited it didn't look to me like a 3-0 drubbing. Berwick should have been in front before Rovers scored, and appeared to have as much pressure and more chances. But 3-0 it was.

Who's Rovers' nr 9, caught my eye?

Rovers 9 is Smart Osadlor on loan from Queens Park ex Annan, Stranraer and Clyde

17 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Unless those highlights were very selectively edited it didn't look to me like a 3-0 drubbing. Berwick should have been in front before Rovers scored, and appeared to have as much pressure and more chances. But 3-0 it was.

Berwick definitely had more chances than Rovers yesterday. Just didn't look like scoring. I think if the can start by stemming goals conceded it will be a good starting point. They just need to try somehow to put the season behind them and start afresh in the playoffs like treating it as two cup finals. Easier said thandone.

14 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Berwick definitely had more chances than Rovers yesterday. Just didn't look like scoring. I think if the can start by stemming goals conceded it will be a good starting point. They just need to try somehow to put the season behind them and start afresh in the playoffs like treating it as two cup finals. Easier said thandone.

Indeed, but it's their only hope.

How do the berwick fans feel about Harvey being given the job over Kevin Harper as they wanted somone with more experience

I have said elsewhere I really hope you stay up great town and great pubs
Why do you keep posting this question? Berwick fans would take Brogan at the minute let alone Harper.

As for the 'fight', total myth. Storm in a teacup stuff.

59 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

As it was, no filter.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Unless those highlights were very selectively edited it didn't look to me like a 3-0 drubbing...

The main difference between the teams from what I can see is that Albion Rovers players appear to have a significantly higher fitness level. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The main difference between the teams from what I can see is that Albion Rovers players appear to have a significantly higher fitness level. 

The highlights flatter us a bit, cos they mostly show  goalmouth action. Albion's passing, movement and control was streets ahead of ours (and they had 15 shots to our 8). Albion looked like they took their foot off the gas in the second half as well.

The free kick at the end which went straight out for a goal kick kind of sums up our time under Harvey: another wasted opportunity!

Smart osadolor

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Rovers 9 is Smart Osadlor on loan from Queens Park ex Annan, Stranraer and Clyde

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Looks useful.

He had a short and unsuccessful spell at East Kilbride and a fan of a former club sarcastically wished us 'Good Luck' with him.  Glad to see he's found a home where his talents are flourishing.

Edited by The_Judge

3 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

He had a short and unsuccessful spell at East Kilbride and a fan of a former club sarcastically wished us 'Good Luck' with him.  Glad to see he's found a home where his talents are flourishing.

Aye through he had a short spell at EK seems to be happy at Rovers.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I’ve been saying this since Annan away 

Tempers flaring, and so they should be. Shows how much people care - including the Boardroom. 

It's a tough gig, but I'm looking for some positives from yesterday.  Now, we did create more chances than in recent weeks and actually looked quite good in the short time that Ousy was on the pitch linking up with Anderson. We created plenty of chances after See went off too. 

There was also lots of energy, and a big crowd of passionate fans. Not all of them will disappear overnight.

OK, the glaring deficiencies are clear and have been pointed out since page 1 of this thread, but we are where we are. 

Harvey will be the boss for the play-offs. The vast majority - me included - think that is wrong, but it is unlikely to change now. And it doesn't matter really who we play - seems that they are well matched sides - but they are unlikely to be better than a well organised and fired up Albion Rovers. 

If we can tuck some of those chances away, keep the energy and somehow stop giving the ball away in midfield AND go 90 minutes without conceding a penalty, then this is not over yet. 

Use Elgin to change the shape and style, get Brown, Brydon, See and Wilson fit playing and guiding the youngsters, and we will still have a chance. 

Edited by Redcar

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

Tempers flaring, and so they should be. Shows how much people care - including the Boardroom. 

It's a tough gig, but I'm looking for some positives from yesterday.  Now, we did create more chances than in recent weeks and actually looked quite good in the short time that Ousy was on the pitch linking up with Anderson. We created plenty of chances after See went off too. 

There was also lots of energy, and a big crowd of passionate fans. Not all of them will disappear overnight.

OK, the glaring deficiencies are clear and have been pointed out since page 1 of this thread, but we are where we are. 

Harvey will be the boss for the play-offs. The vast majority - me included - think that is wrong, but it is unlikely to change now. And it doesn't matter really who we play - seems that they are well matched sides - but they are unlikely to be better than a well organised and fired up Albion Rovers. 

If we can tuck some of those chances away, keep the energy and somehow stop giving the ball away in midfield AND go 90 minutes without conceding a penalty, then this is not over yet. 

Use Elgin to change the shape and style, get Brown, Brydon, See and Wilson fit playing and guiding the youngsters, and we will still have a chance. 

A good, sensible post and the kind of message that respected posters like Blue Oktober were preaching when Cowdenbeath were in this postion whilst others around him were going into full meltdown mode.

Happy to keep all four of those lads, really. Think McIlduff is absolutely fine for this level (League 2, even more so LL) of football, Cook and Healy too. Rose hasn't had the best of luck but he is young and helps with squad depth - eager to see him develop further.
And yeah, chuck JH out now. Please guys. It's okay to admit we were all wrong - let him go so he needn't have the relegation on his CV and we can make space for someone who might galvanize the squad. It's just not working.

If JH doesn’t want a relegation ( and the one hardest to bring a team back from) on his CV, why would anyone parachuted in take the risk that they wouldn’t be able to galvanise an awful group of players and have the same relegation on their CV?

Must just be me.

If what was posted was true, that the board voted 4-2 in favour of keeping JH then that shows what they think of the supporters and indeed our Club.

It basically gives the message Berwick Rangers board are OK with Lowland League football next season

I have seen so many of get behind the team, be the 12th man etc, etc. Yeah well we've been doing that all season!!

31 minutes ago, surely not! said:

If JH doesn’t want a relegation ( and the one hardest to bring a team back from) on his CV, why would anyone parachuted in take the risk that they wouldn’t be able to galvanise an awful group of players and have the same relegation on their CV?

No one is gonna blame a manager who came in with three matches to play, inheriting a squad that won one game in 20+ matches.

Why do you keep posting this question? Berwick fans would take Brogan at the minute let alone Harper.

As for the 'fight', total myth. Storm in a teacup stuff.

Chairman elect or any Director for that matter shouldn’t be grappling with a fan though even if it was a “storm in a teacup”.