Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

1 hour ago, The Crafty Dafty said:

His predictions were fantasy and the same shite week in week out

I think that was one of his biggest downfalls, his inability to know when to reign in the bulls__t.  He was coming on every week and his ego just got bigger and bigger. Someone close to him should have had a word with him and maybe told him the interviews were becoming a bit of a joke. I don’t know the guy personally and I have nothing personal against him but from the start his appointment at Berwick Rangers has been a disaster. The big question is if he manages to scrape through these two play off games does he keep his position next season ? 

Can anyone shed any light as to why Bob Wilson wasn’t even in the squad yesterday ?  According to the interview ( that wasn’t an interview ) after the Clyde game there were no injuries or suspensions coming in to yesterday’s game 
I assume it was to try and avoid conceding a penalty. Andy Forbes stepped up though.

The moment that summed this game up best was giving away a penalty. The goalkeeper with a simple smash down the park and suddenly Albion are clean through and we're in a position where we need to chop someone down. Pathetic organisation.

The moment that summed up us right now under Harvey was Healy picking up a booking for booting a Albion player out of frustration with the ball out of sight. The players couldn't make it any clearer they're not playing for him. We will not take anything from the play offs.

How’s Dale’s neck this morning after the Chair Elect grappled him yesterday? Sorry times. I hoped Bell would be a good man at the helm however it isn’t pointing toward that being true sadly. Another clown at the wheel.

The NHS finally let my Doctor Missus take a few days off work so I had her in my ancestral home on the continent, making me miss out on the nail-biting run-up to the game and, indeed, the game itself through it coinciding with our National holiday. Glad to know I was saved the misery of getting battered and fried 0 to 3 by a club that, for all intents and purposes, should have been confirmed down already in January but achieved a remarkable revival through their own efforts (nothing but applause for Rovers).

It's hardly apathy I feel, but a certain degree of helplessness and reservation seems to be my part now. Even if Cove drub us 4-0 in the first leg I'm still not sure Harvey would be shown the door, although at that point it really, finally, is too late. Now with Elgin on the horizon we may well have our final dead cat bounce to instill false hope ahead of the trapdoor square-off. Cove will have learned from their previous mistakes v. Cowden and JH seems to have well and truly lost the dressing room (if he hadn't already).... we're heading for dark times.

One more thing, which is probaly entirely pointless for me to type; if (big if) we survive, it will be despite JH, not because of him. Nothing against him as a person but he should not be allowed to claim any credit. But hey, as I said; typing this out will be proven to be pointless.

EDIT; *Cove or East Kilbride; I erroneously believed the match finished 0-2 in Cove's favour.

Edited by DutchBorderer

32 minutes ago, Berwick86 said:
34 minutes ago, Fourattheback said:
Can anyone shed any light as to why Bob Wilson wasn’t even in the squad yesterday ?  According to the interview ( that wasn’t an interview ) after the Clyde game there were no injuries or suspensions coming in to yesterday’s game 

I assume it was to try and avoid conceding a penalty. Andy Forbes stepped up though.

Bob Wilson has his faults but IMHO the team are weaker without him. A do or die match and the  “ captain “ of the club is not even in the squad ? I hope there is a genuine reason for this and not another falling out with an honest player. If there is one player Berwick could do with in their team In the play offs against Cove or EK it’s Bob Wilson 

Bob Wilson has his faults but IMHO the team are weaker without him. A do or die match and the  “ captain “ of the club is not even in the squad ? I hope there is a genuine reason for this and not another falling out with an honest player. If there is one player Berwick could do with in their team In the play offs against Cove or EK it’s Bob Wilson 
Hiya bob

7 minutes ago, Berwick86 said:
9 minutes ago, Fourattheback said:

Hiya bob

Nah mate, just an observation that the captain of the team is missing from the squad without so much as mention why. But give my regards to JH when you’re buying him a pint 

Berwick Rangers can confirm that four of our youngest First Team squad members have signed on again for next season. 

Strikers Grant Rose (18, from Jedburgh) and Daryl Healy (22, Dunfermline) and defenders Jack Cook (21, Dunbar) and Aidan McIlduff (22, Glasgow) have committed themselves to the Black and Gold for the new campaign starting in July. 

Manager Johnny Harvey said “Jack and Grant have probably played a lot more football than might have been expected at the start of this season, but the experience will stand them in good stead in their development. Aidan and Daryl have missed some games due to injury, and they’ll be raring to go after the summer break. All four are young guys who work hard in training and are always keen to improve their game, and their attitude has been excellent.”

http://berwickrangers.com/four-sign-on-for-next-season/

Sunday morning- day after the debacle of yesterday. It just seems remarkable that those at helm are willing to keep going with the current shitstorm . Surely anyone with an iota of common sense would think “f**k, lets at least try and save this” you bring someone in and we go down still at least we tried. Literally NO BODY believes JH can win play offs - no one.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”

Madness indeed

Happy to keep all four of those lads, really. Think McIlduff is absolutely fine for this level (League 2, even more so LL) of football, Cook and Healy too. Rose hasn't had the best of luck but he is young and helps with squad depth - eager to see him develop further.

And yeah, chuck JH out now. Please guys. It's okay to admit we were all wrong - let him go so he needn't have the relegation on his CV and we can make space for someone who might galvanize the squad. It's just not working.

Edited by DutchBorderer

How’s Dale’s neck this morning after the Chair Elect grappled him yesterday? Sorry times. I hoped Bell would be a good man at the helm however it isn’t pointing toward that being true sadly. Another clown at the wheel.
I'd love to hear more on this

6 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

How do the berwick fans feel about Harvey being given the job over Kevin Harper as they wanted somone with more experience

A wee, wee, WEE bit silly, really.

There's no telling if things would indeed have ended up differently, but I would gladly bet the farm on it in hindsight. Rovers can breathe a deep, deep sigh of relief and Harper can have the last laugh. Maybe if we ask nicely he can turn off the lights at Shielfield.

40 minutes ago, Hallowed Turf said:

Unless those highlights were very selectively edited it didn't look to me like a 3-0 drubbing. Berwick should have been in front before Rovers scored, and appeared to have as much pressure and more chances. But 3-0 it was.

Who's Rovers' nr 9, caught my eye?