Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

I’ve never seen Pars play at Berwick so I’ll be quite miffed if you lose the play-off.

Don’t know if Cove or EK would bring anything special to the SPFL so hope you guys do the business

Not that I want to slag Berwick or any other team down there but that's harsh on Cove and EK with nothing to really back that up

12 minutes ago, mo83 said:
1 hour ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:
Karma !!!!!!!!!!!

I remember a few comments aswell

I think we should remind ourselves of Mystic-Berwick-the-Easily-Beatable's finest hour post-Brora. I know it was a fishing exhibition, but by god it has aged well:

Congratulations to Montrose on their 'achievement' but those photos of the pitch invasion are above are exactly what is wrong with them as a club. They've been the worst team in senior Scottish football and they're actively celebrating it. The sad reality is that while Montrose were the only team (or club) who wanted to win the game today, they'll still have no ambitions of winning this division next year. Playing just to 'exist' is pointless. Berwick might be fucking shite, but at least we're constantly failing in bids to try win a league or make the right play-offs.

Montrose should do the decent thing, resign, and allow Edinburgh City to take their place. Brora meanwhile should take their inbred community and take it to a different clogger league which doesn't have a thing to do with the SPFL :-)

On another note, chuffed for some of Montrose's players. Big Marv, of course, and fair play to Wood who seems to love the club. One of few Mo players I wouldn't mind seeing in a Berwick top. By and large the fanbase are complete mutants, so while I don't begrudge you getting pished tonight, I do hope you all leave your wives unbruised

19 minutes ago, A Believer said:

Wahay! Playground name calling. Maginificent. Have you peaked? I may regret joining you here, but you started it..emoji23.png

Says the man who pounced on every word I’ve said on here, yet hasn’t been seen posting for a while especially after I’ve asked him to back up comments made about me that others on here have echoed yet you have nothing to say about them. 

I think we should remind ourselves of Mystic-Berwick-the-Easily-Beatable's finest hour post-Brora. I know it was a fishing exhibition, but by god it has aged well:

Congratulations to Montrose on their 'achievement' but those photos of the pitch invasion are above are exactly what is wrong with them as a club. They've been the worst team in senior Scottish football and they're actively celebrating it. The sad reality is that while Montrose were the only team (or club) who wanted to win the game today, they'll still have no ambitions of winning this division next year. Playing just to 'exist' is pointless. Berwick might be fucking shite, but at least we're constantly failing in bids to try win a league or make the right play-offs.

Montrose should do the decent thing, resign, and allow Edinburgh City to take their place. Brora meanwhile should take their inbred community and take it to a different clogger league which doesn't have a thing to do with the SPFL :-)

On another note, chuffed for some of Montrose's players. Big Marv, of course, and fair play to Wood who seems to love the club. One of few Mo players I wouldn't mind seeing in a Berwick top. By and large the fanbase are complete mutants, so while I don't begrudge you getting pished tonight, I do hope you all leave your wives unbruised

Scorge you absolute legend

BTU it's over to you?

31 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I’ve never seen Pars play at Berwick so I’ll be quite miffed if you lose the play-off.

Don’t know if Cove or EK would bring anything special to the SPFL so hope you guys do the business

What do Berwick Rangers currently bring to the SPFL that is special ?  Absolute snobbery of the highest form. If Cove or EK get in to the SPFL they will have got there on merit. 

Right Berwick you are now in a position I can relate to and understand how everyone is really going through, my hope are you can comer through this  I have no truck with the club whatsoever & have enjoyed matches over the years, particularly away days.

I really  sincerely hope you can sort this out and navigate your way through the play offs,

My fear is that when I hear messages around preparing for LL and maintaining £12 entrance  it feels a bit like plan A rather than plan B & as such a sense of resignation. There seems to be little coming from your board & I sense they will continue with the fraud that is JH  which sadly I fear will be fatal error. 

On another point I read the article around the mayor & local businesses building a player bonus fund to stay up, however no club comment I can see on this & not something I think you would want in the public domain, equally despite the  lure  of cash incentive the players get pumped again at home in a must win game,  clearly a different approach required as cash rewards & post match fan visits aren't turning things around.

Really hope you guys can sort this & will likely make at least one game to cheers you on.

My final BRFC post ever,  I’m done.

Supporters direct have a lot to answer for, they gave false belief to people with no money and no idea  on how to run a football club.

15 years ago I said this was madness, today proved my point. 

f**k the lot of you. 

14 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Supporters direct have a lot to answer for, they gave false belief to people with no money and no idea  on how to run a football club.

f**k the lot of you. 

This post speaks the most volume, somebody sick and tired of the current situation and shares the same feeling as majority. The board should feel ashamed for the people of Berwick, they had an opportunity to salvage this situation but chose to ignore it. Embarrassing!  JH doesn’t have a clue the guy is a petty child who is putting his relationship with players before the clubs very existence! 

1 hour ago, dougster said:

Sad day but not surprising. 

I know you couldn't be there today so I'm going to unsurprise you a bit more by telling you that we were piss poor. 

We opened brightly with See and Adamson working well together, but the turnstiles were still twirling when Ousy's hamstring went, so from 10 past 3 onwards we were shite. 

A masterclass of midfield ineptitude, led by Professor O'Kane, constantly handed possession to Albion who gratefully popped in 2 simple goals, and a Gary Phillips penalty after Forbes did his best Bob Wilson impression.  We did have a few chances, but fired all of them straight at their keeper. 

Yet another fully deserved hiding. I have no idea how anyone can imagine that Johnny Harvey will somehow lead this team to a play off win. The evidence  that we wouldn't beat a pub team under Harvey is overwhelming. 

36 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

f**k the lot of you. 

Sad that after 308 posts it's come to this BUT bearing in mind I've said for the last 14 years that you're a total spud I now realise you were right all along :unsure:.

17 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Sad that after 308 posts it's come to this BUT bearing in mind I've said for the last 14 years that you're a total spud I now realise you were right all along :unsure:.

I really don’t care what people think of me, I invested and I signed over as a guarantor to the bank for any debt which was 150k at the time.

I put my money where my mouth was and gave up 25 hours per week to help run the club. If it went tits up we were personally responsible. 

On my induction as a director we were 150k in debt when I left it was around 80k and we’d won a league title and been beaten on goal difference in another. 

I’ll never turn my back totally on the club I love. I recently as two weeks ago had an investor who was willing to put 50k into the club but that offer was knocked back by the major shareholder. That bid isn’t over and tonight that party has just agreed some sponsorship for the playoffs. This time next year it will be worth £50. 

I’m hurting badly but can’t help speak my mind, if that upsets a few people so be it. I wasn’t perfect, made loads of mistakes and won’t hide from any of the past. 

Edited by Disc Potato

53 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

My final BRFC post ever I'm done. 

2 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

I really don’t care what people think of me, I invested and I signed over as a guarantor to the bank for any debt which was 150k at the time.

I put my money where my mouth was and gave up 25 hours per week to help run the club. If it went tits up we were personally responsible. 

On my induction as a director we were 150k in debt when I left it was around 80k and we’d won a league title and been beaten on goal difference in another. 

I’ll never turn my back totally on the club I love. I recently as two weeks ago had an investor who was willing to put 50k into the club but that offer was knocked back by the major shareholder.  This time next year it will be worth £50. 

I’m hurting badly but can’t help speak my mind, if that upsets a few people so be it. I wasn’t perfect, made loads of mistakes and won’t hide from any of the past. 

:(

Boys a parody

He's definitely that guy that's in the pub on a Sunday afternoon, watching the games, giving it big licks acting like a Sky Sports pundit and telling everyone he's the manager of a professional football team

Sure most people know the kind of boy I'm meaning [emoji23]

This is football.  If you're in it for glory then support Barcelona or Manchester United or Celtic or one of those businesses.  

If you support a small club then support it regardless of what league it plays in.  It's not wrong to want to win but if you don't then try to accept that everyone involved, be it at board level or on the pitch, probably did their best but it wasn't enough and someone has to finish bottom of every league. 

IF being relegated truly meant that everyone that's followed your club up to now would walk away causing it to cease existing that would be a shame but I'm hoping they'll accept their fate and stick with the club whatever the future may bring.

Edited by The_Judge

7 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

giphy.gif     giphy.gif     giphy.gif

D5LCT2jWwAAbInS.jpg

EDIT: Incidentally our GD and GF are by far the worst of any SPFL2 last place finisher since pyramid began. Points will be worst unless we beat Elgin.

LEAGUE GAMES
    P W D L GF GA GD Pts Pts/g Win%
Coughlin 15/16 24 10 4 10 30 26 4 34 1.42 41.67
  16/17 36 10 10 16 50 65 -15 40 1.11 27.78
  17/18 3 1 0 2 4 10 -6 3 1.00 33.33
    63 21 14 28 84 101 -17 77 1.22 33.33

Horn 17/18 33 8 10 15 27 49 -22 34 1.03 24.24
  18/19 9 2 0 7 8 21 -13 6 0.67 22.22
    42 10 10 22 35 70 -35 40 0.95 23.81

Harvey 18/19 26 3 4 19 19 68 -49 13 0.50 11.54