Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

3 minutes ago, marty_j said:

Get rid- seriously I understand as never having been this season I have no say but... he has to go now .. surely? If nothing else to give us a chance in play offs. Jesus someone show some balls

They won't pay him off as speaking to @ThisisScottishFB who knows top brass there they want him to walk first. Sad situation :thumbsdown

I'd like to, on behalf of all five remaining fans who haven't been chased off by Johnny Harvey yet, welcome fans of the other 41 clubs to the Berwick Rangers thread; we guarantee you won't find a more desperate shithole anywhere else on P&B.

Your well-wishes for the play-offs will be much appreciated

Just had a keek back at this from the 3-0 game with us. He even hints towards himself being deluded. Also said he's not worried about the remainder of the season if we were the standard of opposition his team were facing in spite of being pumped. Deluded is one way to put it. Bat shit mental is another.

Feeling for the Berwick supporters right now, it's a horrible place to be for anyone that cares. I'm afraid JH only thinks of one thing as is evident in every interview he does - himself. Absolute roaster.

54 minutes ago, MENTALFATHER79 said:

Harvey has destroyed the club.........

I'm not going to sit here and say that Johnny Harvey has had a positive impact on the club, but the downward spiral has been going since we beat Arbroath in April 2007 to win the Third Division, he is just hammering in some final nails in spectacular fashion.

Here is our performance since then, first season in League One and every single season since in League Two

image.png.cbded16fd1fd73fc3c6dbe45c501b474.png

We may look back on 2012-13 and 2013-14 as glory years. I mean, imagine winning 15 league games in a season, heady days.

The club has had bad times in the past, the mid-late 80s and then again in the early 90s, but never such a prolonged period of absolute garbage with no real change.

It is possible to make changes, I watched Montrose beat Brora in the playoff in May 2015, and then 6 months later they were an even worse team when I saw them lose to Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale, and now they look nailed on for a playoff place in League One. They looked unsavable back then, I'm not close enough to BRFC these days but I don't get the same vibe. I wish the incoming chairman all the best.

Edited by mid-table

Oh dear, that's that then. Don't know when the first time I posted about Harvey was but it was months and months ago, came across his interview by chance. Since then I've taken an interest and can't say I'm surprised at all, sure the Cowden fan Muzza was on about it at the time too. Two fans who don't even support Berwick could see the guy as a fraud how oh how did he get this job and how has he lasted so long

ETA: it's not even the results, they're bad, but the scorelines are a total joke. L2 is pish you can't be getting beat 5/6 and 7 off teams

Isn't it end of season awards after next week's game? That's going to be interesting/embarrassing... I can just imagine it:

Manager of the season: Robbie Horn

Player of the season: Ouzy See (he was less crap than the rest, and not just cos he played less minutes)

Top goal scorer: Paul Willis (at Peterhead since January 2019)

<insert your own awards here...>

It's easy to pin this all on Harvey, and his failures throughout his tenure have certainly played a large part in what's currently unfolding, but the reality of it is that there has been mismanagement throughout the entire club for the best part of the last decade, which has caused its gradual decline into lower-table fodder. The simple fact is that, for their own reasons, both Rovers and Berwick had to roll the dice in November, and - back then and then during their new managers' first months in charge - it looked for all the world as if Berwick's appointment was less of a shot in the dark and a much sounder one. 

The main issue to me appears to have been recruitment. Albion have ended up with the sort of squad that Horn was looking to build, while Berwick have ended up with a squad akin to the shitemare that Brogan handed over to Harper (scattergun loans, no-hopers from the juniors, very few players of any pedigree never mind genuine quality) through Harvey's various missteps. Ultimately, Harvey has to carry the can for that, especially given the manner in which Harper has managed to successfully perform serious surgery on his squad in bringing in guys with previous senior experience and getting his side back to basics. However, the club really ought to have found itself in a better position than Harvey being the stand-out candidate for the job in the first place.

On the basis of what I saw today, Berwick have absolutely no chance of being a League Two club next season, whether that's with Johnny Harvey or Sam Allardyce presiding over your final games of the season. With the squad you've currently got, I don't think there's anyone out there who could do anything to reverse what looks to be inevitable at this late stage. 

1 minute ago, the_bully_wee said:

It's easy to pin this all on Harvey, and his failures throughout his tenure have certainly played a large part in what's currently unfolding, but the reality of it is that there has been mismanagement throughout the entire club for the best part of the last decade, which has caused its gradual decline into lower-table fodder. The simple fact is that, for their own reasons, both Rovers and Berwick had to roll the dice in November, and - back then and then during their new managers' first months in charge - it looked for all the world as if Berwick's appointment was less of a shot in the dark and a much sounder one. 

The main issue to me appears to have been recruitment. Albion have ended up with the sort of squad that Horn was looking to build, while Berwick have ended up with a squad akin to the shitemare that Brogan handed over to Harper (scattergun loans, no-hopers from the juniors, very few players of any pedigree never mind genuine quality) through Harvey's various missteps. Ultimately, Harvey has to carry the can for that, especially given the manner in which Harper has managed to successfully perform serious surgery on his squad in bringing in guys with previous senior experience and getting his side back to basics. However, the club really ought to have found itself in a better position than Harvey being the stand-out candidate for the job in the first place.

On the basis of what I saw today, Berwick have absolutely no chance of being a League Two club next season, whether that's with Johnny Harvey or Sam Allardyce presiding over your final games of the season. With the squad you've currently got, I don't think there's anyone out there who could do anything to reverse what looks to be inevitable at this late stage. 

Harvey is to blame he binned the best players and brought in family members to the team and he actually thinks it's not his fault after signing 10 diddys.