Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

5 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Look at it this way, Fergie; if you/we keep obsessing over Johnny we're going a ways to proving his point of the fans being a naughty, toxic bunch who don't focus on the right things. JH was absolutely wrong to point his finger at us rather than at himself in the QP interview, so the last thing we want to do is actually give him a leg to stand on in this regard.

The time for change has come and gone (I've previously posted in some detail that the week before QP was the time), and we hold no power beyond supporting the team (which is not necessarily supporting the manager);

• Cheer for every save Sean B., Kyle, and Ryan make
  • Show up in droves for Adrian, Jack C., Andrew, Craig, Jordan, Boab, and Dougie.
  • Shout your lungs out for Lewis, Cameron, Ross, Declan, Sean M., and Jack O.
  • Clap 'til your hands bleed for Calum, Ahmed, Grant, Daryl, and Ousman

Those are the boys who will keep us up, who I truly believe will give it their all to save the club. They deserve a set of fans who are united in being their twelfth man, rather than bickering over whether it's JH or Dom or Dom's dad who is manning the keyboard on P&B. The season's been shite for us and for our squad, but we still have more than a few shots at getting our happy end - one that we stand a bigger chance of clinching together.

If you want to clap for ol' Johnny, do so - and if you don't want to, don't. If Clyde bum us 6 to 0, give him a few loud but well-intentioned shouts after the match - but for the love of the Tweed, stick 99% of your energy in supporting the team. I've been a lazy, absent c*nt myself and I know for a fact not all of my PB posts have been as supportive as they could have been, but I've a mind to fly up to Inverness and drag my arse to the Elgin game, and to Berwick for the second leg in a hypothetical play-off. Put my money and support for the club where my mouth is.

I suggest we all do the same; from today all the way to the 18th of May if need be.

Now, THAT'S positive! Good on yer DB. 

6 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Look at it this way, Fergie; if you/we keep obsessing over Johnny we're going a ways to proving his point of the fans being a naughty, toxic bunch who don't focus on the right things. JH was absolutely wrong to point his finger at us rather than at himself in the QP interview, so the last thing we want to do is actually give him a leg to stand on in this regard.

The time for change has come and gone (I've previously posted in some detail that the week before QP was the time), and we hold no power beyond supporting the team (which is not necessarily supporting the manager);

• Cheer for every save Sean B., Kyle, and Ryan make
  • Show up in droves for Adrian, Jack C., Andrew, Craig, Jordan, Boab, and Dougie.
  • Shout your lungs out for Lewis, Cameron, Ross, Declan, Sean M., and Jack O.
  • Clap 'til your hands bleed for Calum, Ahmed, Grant, Daryl, and Ousman

Those are the boys who will keep us up, who I truly believe will give it their all to save the club. They deserve a set of fans who are united in being their twelfth man, rather than bickering over whether it's JH or Dom or Dom's dad who is manning the keyboard on P&B. The season's been shite for us and for our squad, but we still have more than a few shots at getting our happy end - one that we stand a bigger chance of clinching together.

If you want to clap for ol' Johnny, do so - and if you don't want to, don't. If Clyde bum us 6 to 0, give him a few loud but well-intentioned shouts after the match - but for the love of the Tweed, stick 99% of your energy in supporting the team. I've been a lazy, absent c*nt myself and I know for a fact not all of my PB posts have been as supportive as they could have been, but I've a mind to fly up to Inverness and drag my arse to the Elgin game, and to Berwick for the second leg in a hypothetical play-off. Put my money and support for the club where my mouth is.

I suggest we all do the same; from today all the way to the 18th of May if need be.

All of which I have done and will continue to do most weeks. Oh don’t need to come on and preach, give it a bash yourself. 

8 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

All of which I have done and will continue to do most weeks. Oh don’t need to come on and preach, give it a bash yourself. 

Only the first paragraph was directed at you, I'm surprised you think the rest was as well. It's just my two cents on what we as fans ought to be doing right now, but it was certainly not intended to be preaching; as mentioned I'm not exactly in a position to be doing that to any other supporter.

On 11/04/2019 at 10:59, Disc Potato said:

Yes plenty.

Basically blames Berwick as club for Blair Henderson choosing Edinburgh City. Which job would you go for if there was £100 a week difference in wages?

"Sadly, we’ve had nothing but rain since and the fund is now gone"  Does Dom do the accounts? There is plenty left as the vice-chairman eluded to at the open forum.

"leaving a boardroom full of dinosaurs to run the club"  Totally disagree with this comment.  As reported by Berwick Mad, George Mathieson has provided to the supporters club a strategy for taking the club forward, hardly dinosaur talk. John Bell spoke well at the recent open forum, there was a couple of points arising from that meeting that worries me but its not because the chairman elect is a "dinosaur".

"Whilst it’s blindingly obvious now that Johnny was the wrong man for the job, I felt at the time this was the case"  The biggest load of aftertiming I've seen. There wasn't exactly a list full of shit hot candidates applied and the fact only two were interviewed tells you everything. At that stage Johnny was by far the best candicate and deservedly got the job IMO.

"The first thing Mr Harvey did upon his arrival was send Cedwyn Scott – a striker on loan from Dundee – back to his parent club"   Cedwyn asked to go back and this wasnt the first time he was spoken to for his attitude, the previous manager also had strong words for him. He thought playing for Berwick was like a kick about with his mates. Check his minutes on the pitch since his switch to Forfar. 

9. Ahmed Aloualou - Fails to mention he is actually signed with a championship club in Alloa. Makes it sound like Johnny went along to a school hall and signed him up. FYI, I also think this was a poor signing.

"any style of play whatsoever as the players now seem to have no idea or direction"  There looked to be plenty of direction in our recent match against Peterhead.

"Harvey arrived with a bit of a reputation for arrogance and talking nonsense from former roles. " Nothing wrong with a bit of arrogance if you are a football manager, I used to watch all his post match Penicuik videos and don't remember him talking much nonsense.

This may come across as I am sticking up for Johnny, I'm not, I'm simply telling you the facts.  Had a long conversation with JH on Monday as he totally disagreed with some of my comments on other platforms of social media. I told him my honest thoughts and I'll go along on Saturday with my pray mat and support the boys to hopefully win 3 points. Will you be there?

Berwick Rangers is a fantastic football club with a proud history that is having a real shit time right now. Frustration and anger is getting the better of all of us with the pressure of the Lowland League and the uncertainty that would bring. A reminder of some happier times and what a difference fans make getting behind the team. 

berwick-434576942.jpg

Not sure where this information about Cedwyn Scott comes from? The only accurate bit is that he wasn't sent back. He asked to go back. The rest is seriously incorrect.

As for checking his minutes on the pitch at Forfar, what's your point?  What are we meant to take from this? What's your inside knowledge of events at Forfar?

You're right. You said it.  "Berwick Rangers is a fantastic football club ... that is having a real shit time.  Frustration and anger is getting the better of all of us ... " So if a manager or player doesn't get frustrated and angry in such circumstances, would you say he had a good or a bad attitude?  Would you want him to express "strong words" in a frank exchange or sit quiet, keep his head down, not rock the boat and treat it as a "kick about with his mates"?  It can't be both.

44 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Only hope is that Elgin seem to have downed tools for the season .

Only hope?

You mean apart from winning next week, and Albion losing at home to Annan, or somehow managing to win a 2 legged playoff against a team who has shown that they know how to win a football match.

It occurred to me today that I have had a standing order to give money every month to the Berwick Rangers Supporters Trust for 17 years without break now , it would be good to hear their official view on the current situation. Or does that mirror the view of the board?

Edited by mid-table

Get rid- seriously I understand as never having been this season I have no say but... he has to go now .. surely? If nothing else to give us a chance in play offs. Jesus someone show some balls

5 minutes ago, Alpha Gordini said:

I'd ask the guys from the reserve team to come in and replace the current lot for the rest of the season. They've got to be better than this: 5 games, 5 losses, 0 goals scored, 17 goals conceded.

We're doomed... doomed, I tell ya!

Harvey has destroyed the club bringing in family members and getting rid of good players for garbage let's be honest.   He has killed the club  not for his Egotastic interviews blaming everyonelse.