Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Just on the 'French students'... this year they have predominantly used 'out of luck Scots' of varying ages in the Lowland League, keeper and fullbacks apart. The Frenchies make up their U20s and their amateur (Central Scottish I think) side.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Just on the 'French students'... this year they have predominantly used 'out of luck Scots' of varying ages in the Lowland League, keeper and fullbacks apart. The Frenchies make up their U20s and their amateur (Central Scottish I think) side.
Indeed Scott McLaughlin joined this season after he left rovers

Reading some posts do berwick fans really believe a new manager 3 games left in season would make a difference to your fortune.

Personally I think it would be too late for either side to make a significant change

5 hours ago, roy of the rovers said:

Cove & Spartans played in the Bedfred this season so a relegated side would no doubt feature for 1 year at least.

That is the case as mentioned on the previous page. After that you have to win LL to keep featuring - but it's hardly outlandish a club which ceases playing in the Scottish Professional Football League also ceases playing in the Scottish Professional Football League Cup.

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

They are also aiming to move to a modest new venue they are developing in Lanarkshire and are going to take on a new name (although "Glasgow United" got knocked back). Basic criticisms - that they have no physical community or fanbase - are not going to go away; but the particular criticism - that they are a French student team playing out of Annan - is probably on its last legs.

12 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

That is the case as mentioned on the previous page. After that you have to win LL to keep featuring - but it's hardly outlandish a club which ceases playing in the Scottish Professional Football League also ceases playing in the Scottish Professional Football League Cup.

They are also aiming to move to a modest new venue they are developing in Lanarkshire and are going to take on a new name (although "Glasgow United" got knocked back). Basic criticisms - that they have no physical community or fanbase - are not going to go away; but the particular criticism - that they are a French student team playing out of Annan - is probably on its last legs.

Although they're going to be at Bothwellhaugh Park, they could be inspired by nearby Chatelherault in tribute to their origins!

20 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Didn't realise they'd moved on from Glasgow United already. So it seems since they started OurFootballClub project last year the most noticeable thing has been a vote on the name twice. Quick look found this on Twitter from a couple of days ago

6 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Is Ron Polson his lover?

And where is Penicuick exactly?

Wait, is that the sound of duelling banjos I hear...

Being a bus ride away and nestling below the Pentland Hills and getting snow quite often I would surmise that Penicuik is the Edinburgh equivalent of Lennoxtown. 

There's an IKEA nearby, culture fans... 

36 minutes ago, A Believer said:
22 hours ago, Fergie1 said:
[mention=76999]A12A1[/mention] is Jonny mate 

...and Fergie1 is Dom's Dad...gie it a rest will you...

Pretty sad man you are @A Believer almost playground like behaviour from yourself. I do notice you have been a bit quiet on here recently, Now that most people are all in agreement you can’t really nitpick now. 

Pretty sad man you are [mention=30956]A Believer[/mention] almost playground like behaviour from yourself. I do notice you have been a bit quiet on here recently, Now that most people are all in agreement you can’t really nitpick now. 
[emoji23] Just really bored with your myopic anti-Johnny obsessed posts Dom. I see most fans realising that further pursuit of the manager is counter productive at this late stage, and that trying to be the 12th man supporting our club at this dire time is the best thing. But you'll never see that, so that's why I've been ignoring you. Shall now continue. [emoji106]

14 minutes ago, A Believer said:

I see most fans realising that further pursuit of the manager is counter productive at this late stage, 

Have we a choice?

100% behind the team and will be there on Saturday  but he's not the man

Look at it this way, Fergie; if you/we keep obsessing over Johnny we're going a ways to proving his point of the fans being a naughty, toxic bunch who don't focus on the right things. JH was absolutely wrong to point his finger at us rather than at himself in the QP interview, so the last thing we want to do is actually give him a leg to stand on in this regard.

The time for change has come and gone (I've previously posted in some detail that the week before QP was the time), and we hold no power beyond supporting the team (which is not necessarily supporting the manager);

• Cheer for every save Sean B., Kyle, and Ryan make
  • Show up in droves for Adrian, Jack C., Andrew, Craig, Jordan, Boab, and Dougie.
  • Shout your lungs out for Lewis, Cameron, Ross, Declan, Sean M., and Jack O.
  • Clap 'til your hands bleed for Calum, Ahmed, Grant, Daryl, and Ousman

Those are the boys who will keep us up, who I truly believe will give it their all to save the club. They deserve a set of fans who are united in being their twelfth man, rather than bickering over whether it's JH or Dom or Dom's dad who is manning the keyboard on P&B. The season's been shite for us and for our squad, but we still have more than a few shots at getting our happy end - one that we stand a bigger chance of clinching together.

If you want to clap for ol' Johnny, do so - and if you don't want to, don't. If Clyde bum us 6 to 0, give him a few loud but well-intentioned shouts after the match - but for the love of the Tweed, stick 99% of your energy in supporting the team. I've been a lazy, absent c*nt myself and I know for a fact not all of my PB posts have been as supportive as they could have been, but I've a mind to fly up to Inverness and drag my arse to the Elgin game, and to Berwick for the second leg in a hypothetical play-off. Put my money and support for the club where my mouth is.

I suggest we all do the same; from today all the way to the 18th of May if need be.

Edited by DutchBorderer

Look at it this way, Fergie; if you/we keep obsessing over Johnny we're going a ways to proving his point of the fans being a naughty, toxic bunch who don't focus on the right things. JH was absolutely wrong to point his finger at us rather than to himself in the QP, so the last thing we want to do is actually give him a leg to stand on in this regard.
The time for change has come and gone (I've previously posted in some detail that the week before QP was the time), and we hold no power beyond supporting the team (which is not necessarily supporting the manager).
  • Show up in droves for Adrian, Jack C., Andrew, Craig, Jordan, Boab, and Adrian
Those are the boys who will keep us up, who I truly believe will give it their all to save the club. They deserve a set of fans who are united in being their twelfth man, rather than bickering over whether it's JH or Dom or Dom's dad who is manning the keyboard on P&B. The season's been shite for us and for our squad, but we still have more than a few shots at getting our happy end - one that we stand a bigger chance of clinching together.
If you want to clap for ol' Johnny, do so - and if you don't want to, don't. If Clyde bum us 6 to 0, give him a few loud but well-intentioned shouts after the match - but for the love of the Tweed, stick your 99% of your energy in supporting the team. I've been a lazy, absent c*nt myself and I know for a fact not all of my PB posts have been as supportive as they could have been, but I've a mind to fly up to Inverness and drag my arse to the Elgin game, and to Berwick for the second leg in a hypothetical play-off. Put my money and support for the club where my mouth is.
I suggest we all do the same; from today all the way to the 18th of May if need be.
[emoji122][emoji122]🧡🖤

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Being a bus ride away and nestling below the Pentland Hills and getting snow quite often I would surmise that Penicuik is the Edinburgh equivalent of Lennoxtown. 

There's an IKEA nearby, culture fans... 

Read the original Tam. I know where Penicuik is. It's Penicuick I was searching for :)

18 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Indeed Scott McLaughlin joined this season after he left rovers

Reading some posts do berwick fans really believe a new manager 3 games left in season would make a difference to your fortune.

Personally I think it would be too late for either side to make a significant change

You wouldn't get interviews done in that time. Besides, who would the Board blame at the end of the season.

5 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Look at it this way, Fergie; if you/we keep obsessing over Johnny we're going a ways to proving his point of the fans being a naughty, toxic bunch who don't focus on the right things. JH was absolutely wrong to point his finger at us rather than at himself in the QP interview, so the last thing we want to do is actually give him a leg to stand on in this regard.

The time for change has come and gone (I've previously posted in some detail that the week before QP was the time), and we hold no power beyond supporting the team (which is not necessarily supporting the manager);

• Show up in droves for Adrian, Jack C., Andrew, Craig, Jordan, Boab, and Dougie.

If you want to clap for ol' Johnny, do so - and if you don't want to, don't. If Clyde bum us 6 to 0, give him a few loud but well-intentioned shouts after the match - but for the love of the Tweed, stick 99% of your energy in supporting the team. I've been a lazy, absent c*nt myself and I know for a fact not all of my PB posts have been as supportive as they could have been, but I've a mind to fly up to Inverness and drag my arse to the Elgin game, and to Berwick for the second leg in a hypothetical play-off. Put my money and support for the club where my mouth is.

There's a new vacancy at the SFA if you've spare time DB. :rolleyes: