Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

16 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

So is this place a closed book for people who joined before a certain date? Surely with the talk on the terraces and people probably referring to this site, people have become aware of it, and I’ll hold my hands up a place to post your thought anonymously without causing any friction between the guys and me who I stand beside on a Saturday. 

Wasnt complaining or judging, just an observation on my part. If anything more fan engagement is a good thing and I welcome all the new folk! Even if it seems to lead to finger pointing.... so far people have been accused of being

• Johnny Harvey
  • Johnny Harvey's maw
  • Johnny Harvey's extended family
  • Disgruntled players that were let go this season
  • Disgruntled players that previously played for Harvey
  • Dom the Social Media Guy
  • Dom the Social Media Guy's dad
  • Dom the Social Media Guy's extended family

Been a good laugh though, and lord knows we could use a few laughs at the moment.

Aye, “dancing in the streets of Kirkcaldy” sounds better than “dancing in the streets of Raith” [emoji16]

But then we’d have to listen to every football program outside of Scotland say Kir-Call-day as everyone outside of Scotland is incapable of pronouncing Kirkcaldy. Bugger it lets get league teams in Milngavie and Kirkcudbright and give Soccer Saturday a challenge.

2 hours ago, BerwickMad said:

I produced a rant on Saturday then deleted it. Tried to enjoy my day yesterday, but that interview is horrendous.

I was fully supportive of him for months but he should have gone about a month ago, then certainly after Annan. I find it amazing the decision hasn’t been made and there’s seems to be another fan talk with the manager on a Wednesday looking forward to next season.

I’m not even sure who’s in charge. The chairman, the chairman elect, or if its a collective decision to just do nothing. I know there’s a lack of alternatives, but these players clearly aren’t playing for him. They barely make a noise on the pitch and just look resigned to their fate. There’s still a few decent players there, Adamson, See, Blues, OKane, Brydon, Forbes etc. Surely there must be someone out there who can organise a team for a few games.

Noticeably whilst the Qp directors all sat together in the Enclosure Stand looking like an undertaker's stag do, Berwick directors were sat separately with family and friends all over the main stand. You get the feeling the boardroom isn't a happy place atm either 

Edited by dougster

Good luck to JH and Berwick. He is totally correct. As long as he is still in the position, he has to be positive and everyone at Berwick needs to be positive. It might still end up in relegation, but you never know. Hard as it might be, it's too late now to say what should have happened.
Everyone at Berwick needs to be positive and get behind the team for as long as you can still achieve survival. You all have to believe you will make it and cheer the team on. Being negative at this point is no help at all. When the season is over you can complain all you want, but doing so now just digs you deeper into a hole.
You still have three games to go including the vital home game against Rovers. I don't know what formation JH favours, but he should take risks next week away to Clyde and go on the attack. No point hanging back and losing anyway. Be positive. Look what Alloa have achieved in recent games against full-time teams. 
You need a big support for the Rovers game. Let everyone in for a few quid if you have to or free with a donation if they choose. Make as much noise as possible and roar the team on. It's all you can do.
Well said. I really don't know how JH or anybody else can motivate a team when the so called supporters are undermining him in public. Shut up and back the team.

Noticeably whilst the Qp directors all sat together in the Enclosure Stand looking like an undertaker's stag do, Berwick directors were sat separately with family and friends all over the main stand. You get the feeling the boardroom isn't a happy place atm either 

Not sure I’d look too much into that. It’s always happened as far as I’m aware. Plus they’re doing jobs individually as the game starts and around half time. A little sense of urgency wouldn’t go amiss though.

7 minutes ago, A12A1 said:
On 13/04/2019 at 21:36, PELE said:
Good luck to JH and Berwick. He is totally correct. As long as he is still in the position, he has to be positive and everyone at Berwick needs to be positive. It might still end up in relegation, but you never know. Hard as it might be, it's too late now to say what should have happened.
Everyone at Berwick needs to be positive and get behind the team for as long as you can still achieve survival. You all have to believe you will make it and cheer the team on. Being negative at this point is no help at all. When the season is over you can complain all you want, but doing so now just digs you deeper into a hole.
You still have three games to go including the vital home game against Rovers. I don't know what formation JH favours, but he should take risks next week away to Clyde and go on the attack. No point hanging back and losing anyway. Be positive. Look what Alloa have achieved in recent games against full-time teams. 
You need a big support for the Rovers game. Let everyone in for a few quid if you have to or free with a donation if they choose. Make as much noise as possible and roar the team on. It's all you can do.

Well said. I really don't know how JH or anybody else can motivate a team when the so called supporters are undermining him in public. Shut up and back the team.

Give it a rest JH and leave our club please. 

1 hour ago, A12A1 said:
On 13/04/2019 at 21:36, PELE said:

We have been all season!!! perhaps its time the manager and team done their job

I really don't know how JH or anybody else can motivate a team when the so called supporters are undermining him in public.

Because that’s his job but sadly for Berwick it looks like he couldn’t motivate a nympho to shag.

He is undermining himself by pulling stunts like asking fans into the dressing room.

Plenty of people have been coming to game after game despite the team getting absolutely spanked on most every occasion, so I don't know what kind of extra support JH expects the fans give besides putting on cleats themselves or giving team talks or..... oh.

Plenty of people have been coming to game after game despite the team getting absolutely spanked on most every occasion, so I don't know what kind of extra support JH expects the fans give besides putting on cleats themselves or giving team talks or..... oh.

I had this conversation last week while contemplating what our LL crowds will be like (note not could be like). Our crowds this season have been brilliant when you consider the utter pish that’s been served up week in week out. Incredible support. I’m sure I’d be correct in saying our average has been worse in better times. Well done to the fans at least we care.

12 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

You guys will just throw the game this Saturday, right? Prepping and resting for the play-offs, right? RIGHT?!

Sure, even though they could potentially close the gap to 1 point