Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

But if this is how you want to try and distract the attention from yourself on here by all means fire away but I would much rather you concentrated on how the f**k you plan on getting a result in the next 3 weeks. 

A point to note about Harvey's successful path - his right hand man at the time was Keith Wright (Ex-Hibs striker)

Could it be that Keith was the brains behind the project and now that he's gone; Harvey's been exposed?

As for boards lack of action.  When Harvey brought a senior citizen into the changing room to try and motivate the players to realise how much Berwick mean to the supporters etc.  That was basically Harvey admitting he no longer could.  The board should have recognised that fact.

And as for player turnover.  Harvey is well know as being arrogant and hard to get on with.  It's his way or the highway.  He's chased players from all the clubs he's been at because they didn't buy in to his ways.  At Berwick the only players he could convince to join him at aren't good enough.  What makes him (and others) think that this will change next season?  

Just watched interview... can’t see anyway back from that. I’m in no doubt he isn’t working hard but surely all managers at that level are doing the same? He’s alienated just about everyone in a 6 minute interview - well played

14 hours ago, TheWayOver said:

I am a casual viewer if P&B and enjoy using it to keep up with well informed news and insights from the fans in the lower Scottish leagues. I do not follow a team as I have always played therefore not had the opportunity and in turn do not post on here.

However, I just had to set up an account to say that Fergie1 is the clearest example of a former player that has a grudge against the Berwick Manger, Jonny Harvey. I find it incredibly sad that he is utilising this forum trying to make himself out as a Berwick fan - which you are  not. Funny how your account was only made live Jan this year and almost all your posts have been personal or about Mr Harvey.....the timeline suggests you are maybe an ex Berwick player who was released this season and most likely from the Edinburgh area - how else would you know so many intimate details about the Berwick manager? It is quite sad TBH.

I really like Berwick and hope you pick up some results over the next 3 week's and stay in the league. The fans and club are excellent down there and there is a good history - which would be a huge loss to Scottish football.  Anyway, I will keep a keen eye on your scores over the next 3 weekends.

Fergie1....away and concentrate on the finding another club and stop embarrassing yourself.

Cheers.

Just out of curiosity what intimate details is it that I know on you mate? The one where I said your family and friends where posting on social media, that’s not hard to figure out

1. Because I’m afraid only family and friends could back you in this situation.

2. One of the people posting had the same surname pretty much a giveaway ain’t it? 

I actually think BR are going to pull it off and stay up!!

Gut feeling tells me BR have one win in the tank and it will be against AR!!

Hope then the board will make a change and get the right man in to take over first team duties.

JH will con another committee into giving him a job in the juniors or Lowland League then spend thousands on average players and give contracts to relatives of the family who aren’t good enough!!

Hope then the board will make a change and get the right man in to take over first team duties.

JH will con another committee into giving him a job in the juniors or Lowland League then spend thousands on average players and give contracts to relatives of the family who aren’t good enough!!

It isn’t happening. Certainly not under this clown.

4 hours ago, MDM said:

A point to note about Harvey's successful path - his right hand man at the time was Keith Wright (Ex-Hibs striker)

Could it be that Keith was the brains behind the project and now that he's gone; Harvey's been exposed?

As for boards lack of action.  When Harvey brought a senior citizen into the changing room to try and motivate the players to realise how much Berwick mean to the supporters etc.  That was basically Harvey admitting he no longer could.  The board should have recognised that fact.

And as for player turnover.  Harvey is well know as being arrogant and hard to get on with.  It's his way or the highway.  He's chased players from all the clubs he's been at because they didn't buy in to his ways.  At Berwick the only players he could convince to join him at aren't good enough.  What makes him (and others) think that this will change next season?  

Don’t usually comment on other boards but never found JH arrogant and hard to get on with actually a nice guy !!

I produced a rant on Saturday then deleted it. Tried to enjoy my day yesterday, but that interview is horrendous.

I was fully supportive of him for months but he should have gone about a month ago, then certainly after Annan. I find it amazing the decision hasn’t been made and there’s seems to be another fan talk with the manager on a Wednesday looking forward to next season.

I’m not even sure who’s in charge. The chairman, the chairman elect, or if its a collective decision to just do nothing. I know there’s a lack of alternatives, but these players clearly aren’t playing for him. They barely make a noise on the pitch and just look resigned to their fate. There’s still a few decent players there, Adamson, See, Blues, OKane, Brydon, Forbes etc. Surely there must be someone out there who can organise a team for a few games.

18 hours ago, TheWayOver said:

I am a casual viewer if P&B and enjoy using it to keep up with well informed news and insights from the fans in the lower Scottish leagues. I do not follow a team as I have always played therefore not had the opportunity and in turn do not post on here.

However, I just had to set up an account to say that Fergie1 is the clearest example of a former player that has a grudge against the Berwick Manger, Jonny Harvey. I find it incredibly sad that he is utilising this forum trying to make himself out as a Berwick fan - which you are  not. Funny how your account was only made live Jan this year and almost all your posts have been personal or about Mr Harvey.....the timeline suggests you are maybe an ex Berwick player who was released this season and most likely from the Edinburgh area - how else would you know so many intimate details about the Berwick manager? It is quite sad TBH.

I really like Berwick and hope you pick up some results over the next 3 week's and stay in the league. The fans and club are excellent down there and there is a good history - which would be a huge loss to Scottish football.  Anyway, I will keep a keen eye on your scores over the next 3 weekends.

Fergie1....away and concentrate on the finding another club and stop embarrassing yourself.

Cheers.

Might be worth putting a punt on Fergie1 being the recently defenestrated Emperor of the BRFC Twitter feed &/or close family members. 

4 minutes ago, Berwick Obama said:

Might be worth putting a punt on Fergie1 being the recently defenestrated Emperor of the BRFC Twitter feed &/or close family members. 

That's a nice new addition to my English vocabulary, smashing.

As an aside, it feels like the number of Berwick fans in this thread has doubled over the past few months, even if they come in for just a post or two.

3 hours ago, The Crafty Dafty said:

Exactly what i see happening as well! Fingers crossed 

9 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

That's a nice new addition to my English vocabulary, smashing.

As an aside, it feels like the number of Berwick fans in this thread has doubled over the past few months, even if they come in for just a post or two.

So is this place a closed book for people who joined before a certain date? Surely with the talk on the terraces and people probably referring to this site, people have become aware of it, and I’ll hold my hands up a place to post your thought anonymously without causing any friction between the guys and me who I stand beside on a Saturday.