Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Whilst I appreciate that your manager isn't doing the business and you will all be very frustrated, shouting abuse at the guy has been scientifically proved to be 100% unsuccessful in improving his, or the team's, performance.

Do me a favour 

Insulting and harassing the man is not done and is not something I or any other Berwick fan will condone, but telling JH his performance as manager on the day is utter shite is both factual and warranted after a particularly hopeless 0-3 battering at home versus Queen's Park. Shouts happen and as long as they do not cross the line they are an acceptable and understandable part of football.

You can't convince me Johnny would have it easier at any other SPFL club if he brought the exact same record to the table. I will support him and the team before and during a match, but a gutless performance must always incur a guttural reaction lest anyone on the pitch or in the dugout might get the idea that they can get away with giving anything less than 100%.

4 hours ago, Redcar said:

Since the start of December I've seen 2 draws and the following defeats as I've stood in the Ducket on Saturday afternoons, all supportive and hopeful at 3pm. 

0-5,  0-3,  1-2,  0-3,  1-2,  0-2,  0-3.

Interspersed I was relieved to miss the 0-4 and 0-6 defeats at Annan, and the 1-7 at QP. 

Please will people stop telling me not to be negative as it may adversely affect the team. Perhaps the team could sort itself out so as not to adversely affect the fans. 

I'm not telling you 'not to be negative'.  If you feel that being negative will help the team then go for it.

7 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Come on Berwick, get your act together. None of us want to see you or AR get relegated.

I tend to agree with this- ~Shielfield is a better day out than a training ground in a public park or some hard to find dump in the middle of an industrial estate in an Aberdeen suburb* and Cliftonhill has character and the AR fans are a decent lot. 

(* yes, I'm aware of the irony in that City play at Ainslie Park...) 

4 hours ago, Fergie1 said:

Struggle to grasp how people and Jonny think any sort of ‘abuse’ toward him is undue. For starters it’s hardly abuse, it’s common football shouts that will be heard across any ground in Britain when there team is getting pumped week in week out. The man is paid to do the job, not that that itself should allow anybody to be ‘abused’, but a huge percentage of the clubs funds to pay this mans wages comes from guess who... the fans. Now for him to come out and target us the way he did get is extremely poor, and shows he has cracked. I’m sure if he had approached it explaining he understands the fans frustrations and he understands the heckles from the terrace but if everyone could just stick together for these next three weeks we will get out of it. With regards to him working hard, I’ve already said on here I have no doubt about the work rate and effort JH puts into  the role, but there are about 24 other part time managers in the SPFL who are all doing the same thing mate, and dozens sitting without a jobs willing to work just as hard,  yet I’ve yet to see another interview where a manger stresses how much work he is putting in. And unfortunately in case he wasn’t aware it’s about results on the field not about how hard he works. 

The least you should get from a Manager, staff and players is that they work hard and give 100% effort.

Why is the Berwick board not asking the question of John Coughlin? A man who seems to hold the club very, very close to his heart and has shown throughout his managerial career that he can have teams at this level organised and punching above their weight. At least bring him in to advise Harvey or something.

I am a casual viewer if P&B and enjoy using it to keep up with well informed news and insights from the fans in the lower Scottish leagues. I do not follow a team as I have always played therefore not had the opportunity and in turn do not post on here.

However, I just had to set up an account to say that Fergie1 is the clearest example of a former player that has a grudge against the Berwick Manger, Jonny Harvey. I find it incredibly sad that he is utilising this forum trying to make himself out as a Berwick fan - which you are  not. Funny how your account was only made live Jan this year and almost all your posts have been personal or about Mr Harvey.....the timeline suggests you are maybe an ex Berwick player who was released this season and most likely from the Edinburgh area - how else would you know so many intimate details about the Berwick manager? It is quite sad TBH.

I really like Berwick and hope you pick up some results over the next 3 week's and stay in the league. The fans and club are excellent down there and there is a good history - which would be a huge loss to Scottish football.  Anyway, I will keep a keen eye on your scores over the next 3 weekends.

Fergie1....away and concentrate on the finding another club and stop embarrassing yourself.

Cheers.

I am a casual viewer if P&B and enjoy using it to keep up with well informed news and insights from the fans in the lower Scottish leagues. I do not follow a team as I have always played therefore not had the opportunity and in turn do not post on here.
However, I just had to set up an account to say that Fergie1 is the clearest example of a former player that has a grudge against the Berwick Manger, Jonny Harvey. I find it incredibly sad that he is utilising this forum trying to make himself out as a Berwick fan - which you are  not. Funny how your account was only made live Jan this year and almost all your posts have been personal or about Mr Harvey.....the timeline suggests you are maybe an ex Berwick player who was released this season and most likely from the Edinburgh area - how else would you know so many intimate details about the Berwick manager? It is quite sad TBH.
I really like Berwick and hope you pick up some results over the next 3 week's and stay in the league. The fans and club are excellent down there and there is a good history - which would be a huge loss to Scottish football.  Anyway, I will keep a keen eye on your scores over the next 3 weekends.
Fergie1....away and concentrate on the finding another club and stop embarrassing yourself.
Cheers.

^

Johnny Harvey

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

^

Johnny Harvey

Nope but good try.

All joking aside.....I'm sure it is possible if someone really wanted to find out who posters are. There will be select individuals with easy access to that information. I'd be surprised if a manager was posting under different user names.

Why is the Berwick board not asking the question of John Coughlin? A man who seems to hold the club very, very close to his heart and [\b]has shown throughout his managerial career that he can have teams at this level organised and punching above their weight [\]. At least bring him in to advise Harvey or something.

This has to be one of the biggest myths in Scottish Football [emoji23]

15 minutes ago, TheWayOver said:

Nope but good try.

All joking aside.....I'm sure it is possible if someone really wanted to find out who posters are. There will be select individuals with easy access to that information. I'd be surprised if a manager was posting under different user names.

^

Liam Neeson.

8 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

No it’s not. We’ve been there it’s a horrible situation. The fans are the ones suffering. It could be us next season.

It’s football ffs. Ups and downs are part of the game for every lower league fan. If you can’t laugh at your rivals misery then what’s the point?

Nope but good try.

Whatever. End of day this is very serious for supporters of Berwick so if fans want to vent on here let them. This isn't about the man Harvey or his feelings.

1 hour ago, TheWayOver said:

Cheers.

You may not be mr Harvey himself but you are certainly writing here on his behalf if you are not. I’m afraid most of my frustration has been directed towards mr Harvey and why wouldn’t it be? Although I am not a previous player, they probably feel the same as I do. No point going into detail or nitty gritty but it wouldn’t take a lot for you to have a look back over many other posts on here which would tell you I am more than an ex player. I think Most of the players he released have went on to find clubs in a better position than Berwick so he has probably done them a favour so would be very surprised if any of them had a grudge.