Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

I really do hope the board can stand up here and do the right thing, regardless of who would want the job? Or you can’t do anything unless you have someone lined up.  I believe one of the board members would probably do a better job. I think he has probably over stepped the mark they’re with a couple of points in his interview there and it’s clear that it’s probably all got a bit too much for him. 

And for the record I don’t think it’s the fact he came from non league, probably more to do with the fact he didn’t actually have any real proven track record in non league, although he claims he did. It was clear in January he wasn’t the man for the job. 

In the interview, he basically says to the board (TWICE!) "back me or sack me". It's pretty clear he's not going to walk.

FWIW Sandy Clark was on Radio Scotland as a pundit at teat-time today, so he's clearly got nothing better to do for the next few weeks. Just saying... :thumsup2

Delusional. What we are witnessing is a team that will give effort but in reality they know they are gone. The amount of times the concession of one goal is followed by more in fairly quick time tells you they have no heart or fight for the situation.

Let’s be honest, it means f**k all to any of those players if they go down. They’ll all get clubs for next season and some might even just get a Saturday that’s more beneficial to them personally than the hike down to Berwick every 2nd week.

We are down and the finger points directly at the Chairman and his board of directors. Fucking shambolic.

7 minutes ago, tescodave said:

Delusional. What we are witnessing is a team that will give effort but in reality they know they are gone. The amount of times the concession of one goal is followed by more in fairly quick time tells you they have no heart or fight for the situation.

Let’s be honest, it means f**k all to any of those players if they go down. They’ll all get clubs for next season and some might even just get a Saturday that’s more beneficial to them personally than the hike down to Berwick every 2nd week.

We are down and the finger points directly at the Chairman and his board of directors. Fucking shambolic.

No finger pointed at the manager no? The clubs been in a bad state for years yet every manager has managed to avoid the dreaded 10th spot. 

I do love a Johhny Harvey Saturday night interview. I'm actually feeling a bit sorry for him. Its a tough gig at the bottom of league 2 with the dreaded drop out of the SPFL a real possibility. Cowden have experienced this two seasons in a row and the stress is unbearable at times.  I don't want to be in that position again but it's realistic to say it's possible/likely. I for one hope whoever finishes bottom wins the playoff. Good luck to both I say.

No finger pointed at the manager no? The clubs been in a bad state for years yet every manager has managed to avoid the dreaded 10th spot. 

Oh 100% however who appointed this clown? He didn’t walk through the door himself although he’ll probably try and tell you that he did.

That interview is a shocker.

Blames his players - most of whom he brought in.

Blames the fans for being negative - despite 1 win in 20 games or whatever it is.

He comes across as completely clueless and despite the huge body of evidence that he is out of his depth goes on to tell us how confident he is in his own ability. [emoji23]

As @A12A1 says, back the team. Always back the team. There is no Berwick fan who will disagree with that; the players may not love the club like we do, but I fully believe they give it their all.

That's not to say we shouldn't be critical. Perhaps we weren't critical enough in the past, which has played a (small) part in us arriving where we are today. There is no excusing abuse of Harvey and the players, but the shouts he gets that do not cross the line of being abuse are fuelled by a lack of performance; the club is not in its current predicament because of the fans, it's the single win since January that fuels the shouts, not the other way around.

That being said, I do not want to hear from Johnny how hard he works, or how determined he is ('you won't get someone who works as hard as I do' why even say this, Johnny?) or how much confidence he has in himself, and I especially don't want to hear about next pre-season. I want to see he can instill that fight he says he has in the squad, and I want to see it today.

1 hour ago, Disc Potato said:

unbelievable Jeff.  

It's great Berwick do these interviews every week.Maybes the club should pull the plug on them for now. He looks totally rattled and distressed by it all.  Do other clubs do this as well  ?  

10 games next season he says :eek:

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

It's great Berwick do these interviews every week.Maybes the club should pull the plug on them for now. He looks totally rattled and distressed by it all.  Do other clubs do this as well  ?  

10 games next season he says :eek:

Hugely admire him for doing the interviews and absolutely respect what he thinks. 

The views of long suffering fans are just as relevant though, even if they are 100% opposite. 

9 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

WLLWWLDLLDLLLLLLLDLDLWLLLL.

These form figures suggest the team he inherited was better than the current team. 

That’s equates to 16 points mate  he’s picked up 13 

1 hour ago, Alpha Gordini said:

In the interview, he basically says to the board (TWICE!) "back me or sack me". It's pretty clear he's not going to walk.

FWIW Sandy Clark was on Radio Scotland as a pundit at teat-time today, so he's clearly got nothing better to do for the next few weeks. Just saying... :thumsup2

NSFW forum for that sort of chat...

2 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

That was uncomfortable to watch, the guy is clearly cracking under the pressure. I'm no sure that anyone posting that interview is in any way helpful, let alone the club itself.

Delusions of grandeur