Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

6 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Absolutely not - Locke together with Brown and Irvine were vital to turning round matters - I have no idea why folks don't want to give him credit for the good job he did.   

I don't rate Locke. Just my view. Irvine made the difference for me.

1 minute ago, PELE said:

I don't rate Locke. Just my view. Irvine made the difference for me.

that's hardly objective or fair - I know who made a difference and all 3 played their part.  Neil made a grand contribution.  Gary was first class but is being condemned based on some past perceived track record as far as I can see.  He was very much in charge and running the ship. 

‘Perceived track record’ - you’d struggle to find a worse record in Scottish football. The guy is useless. He kept us up, just, so we can thank him for that but thank god he’s back at Hearts being a monkey. 

17 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

‘Perceived track record’ - you’d struggle to find a worse record in Scottish football. The guy is useless. He kept us up, just, so we can thank him for that but thank god he’s back at Hearts being a monkey. 

The bottom line is he did a first class job at Central Park and deserves credit for it - so why not give praise where praise is due instead of trying to give all the credit to the players or to Neil Irvine with no justification for it.  3 defeats in 12 games. 

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

2 hours ago, tescodave said:

To be fair he’s on the money with a huge amount here. The fact Harvey will be in charge on Saturday is an absolute joke. Eyre is fast asleep at the wheel.

He’s 100% on the money with everything that he’s said. Clearly Jonny was the one that had a problem with the take your face for a shite tweet and been the one to get Dom sacked. 

Edited by Fergie1

And it’s not until I read that, that you realise some of the shocking ongoing since Harvey’s arrival. Happy, Knox, valentine three players who basically never even kicked a ball for us and you could throw aloulou into that as well whilst releasing players like Willis, murrell and Phillips. 

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

that's hardly objective or fair - I know who made a difference and all 3 played their part.  Neil made a grand contribution.  Gary was first class but is being condemned based on some past perceived track record as far as I can see.  He was very much in charge and running the ship. 

Not condemning him. He seems like a decent guy. I just don't think he is cut out for football management.

39 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

And it’s not until I read that, that you realise some of the shocking ongoing since Harvey’s arrival. Happy, Knox, valentine three players who basically never even kicked a ball for us and you could throw aloulou into that as well whilst releasing players like Willis, murrell and Phillips. 

Let's not delude ourselves into thinking Aaron was anywhere near SPFL 2 standard. Very hard agree on Willis and Phillips though, same for Scott and Todd as well (your mileage may vary on him though).

1 minute ago, DutchBorderer said:

Let's not delude ourselves into thinking Aaron was anywhere near SPFL 2 standard. Very hard agree on Willis and Phillips though, same for Scott and Todd as well (your mileage may vary on him though).

From what I’m lead to believe/heard murrell is set to sign for another league 2 side in the summer. And would I take him right now in place of what we have? 100%. The same could probably be said for every player he released with the eacception of O’Neill. Again referring to the interviews like dom has said, before the arrival of Knox he gave us all a great build up of how good he was going to be yet when he left said we couldn’t afford a player of his ability in the team. The player was only here for about a month surely he knew that before hand. And said the exact same about Willis weeks after praising him and talking about how influential he would be and was. 

This was the team that lost 4-0 at Cowden in August. Fleming  Neill and Murrell were on the bench. 

So I was happy when the likes of Lavery, Willis, Phillips, Neill and Murrell were punted because we were shite as a team and the experienced players were performing like apathetic donkeys. 

It's not who left that was the problem, it's who replaced them. Harvey squandered a decent budget on the inadequate or the inexperienced 

Screenshot_20190410-234835.png

Edited by Redcar

To be fair he’s on the money with a huge amount here. The fact Harvey will be in charge on Saturday is an absolute joke. Eyre is fast asleep at the wheel.
Please Dave, don't give this bitter and dangerous weasel any oxygen to scrape up more half-truths and self-serving vitriol. Dom who?

Like I suggested to Tesco Dave mate, he should be yesterday's news, as all his news was about him. Let's debate our Club and ignore him; its a team game and he's utterly hell-bent on unilateral self-serving sensationalism. Bitter; and dangerous if given any credence.

8 hours ago, Fergie1 said:

From what I’m lead to believe/heard murrell is set to sign for another league 2 side in the summer. And would I take him right now in place of what we have? 100%. The same could probably be said for every player he released with the eacception of O’Neill. Again referring to the interviews like dom has said, before the arrival of Knox he gave us all a great build up of how good he was going to be yet when he left said we couldn’t afford a player of his ability in the team. The player was only here for about a month surely he knew that before hand. And said the exact same about Willis weeks after praising him and talking about how influential he would be and was. 

I thought Murrell was ok, in the right team. I am sure he will bang in the goals again somewhere. You might be up against him in the Lowland League next season.

A Believer hits the nail on the head. He was likely upset that we'd dared go over a week without him at the centre of attention. The guy is an absolute cartoon. Where fans are discussing potential solutions and arguing merits for the good of the club, he's still under the illusion anyone cares that he's had his toy taken off him - the bitterness in that article is amusing but verges on disturbing. You'll struggle to find anyone more self interested, demanding the club photographer gets a snap of him on squad photo day or pushing through merchandise orders cause he wants it then demanding he's the face of it so he can feel important.

When it doesn't go his way the dummy gets spat and that's where we are now. His efforts will continue but they're best ignored. Leave it to the proper fans (those ones who are stuck in the dark ages cause one of our tweets hasn't banged for a good month now), who'll continue putting the club first instead of themselves.

Dom was asked to carry out a simple task by the vice chairman. Dom refused as he thought the vice-chairman was wrong and he was in the right. He was even allowed time to go away, re-think and still carry out the task asked of him. Dom still refused. Dom was released from his role. 

Tell me one job where you would still be in employment if you had done what Dom did.

This has little to do with the actual tweet.

ps. There is plenty left in the pot Dom.

44 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Dom was asked to carry out a simple task by the vice chairman. Dom refused as he thought the vice-chairman was wrong and he was in the right. He was even allowed time to go away, re-think and still carry out the task asked of him. Dom still refused. Dom was released from his role. 

Tell me one job where you would still be in employment if you had done what Dom did.

This has little to do with the actual tweet.

ps. There is plenty left in the pot Dom.

Ofcourse the club were right to relieve him of his duties. As you say if this where doms actual employers who pay his wages, he would have removed it & if he didn’t he would have been rightly sacked also. But going back to his post for paddy power, do you disagree with any of the points?