Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

16 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Why was this not applied in previous cases then including hearts vs cove earlier this very season?

This specific sanction has never been applied in our domestic game before to my knowledge.

You keep continually quoting FIFA guidelines which apply to FIFA competitions, these rules do not have to be adopted verbatim by all organisations.

Why is that so difficult for you to grasp?

Sorry, so do we not comply with FIFA rules and regulations then? Genuine question that has already been asked and not answered? Can’t see anything in the SFA website/documents but a quick scan through a lot of these documents shows a lot of thing must be approved by guess who... FIFA? 

Sorry, so do we not comply with FIFA rules and regulations then? Genuine question that has already been asked and not answered? Can’t see anything in the SFA website/documents but a quick scan through a lot of these documents shows a lot of thing must be approved by guess who... FIFA? 

It was answered previously when you posted the same thing.

Yes our rules must be approved by FIFA but they do not have to be exactly word for word the same sanctions etc as for FIFA run competitions. Football authorities have some level of autonomy to decide their own regulations.

I see you chose to ignore my question as to why this punishment wasn’t used on hearts.

23 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

It was answered previously when you posted the same thing.

Yes our rules must be approved by FIFA but they do not have to be exactly word for word the same sanctions etc as for FIFA run competitions. Football authorities have some level of autonomy to decide their own regulations.

I see you chose to ignore my question as to why this punishment wasn’t used on hearts.

I’m not sure why the same punishment wasn’t issued to hearts, could it be down to the fact it was a youth player whos new contract hadn’t been registered properly? Rather than recalling a loan player out with the registered window? Unless someone can show me something else in black and white that says otherwise to the rules I have shown from FIFA then I’m afraid it will be very difficult for me to grasp mate yes. 

3 hours ago, Fergie1 said:

That’s a crazy post that mate, sorry. 

Mercifully this bit of the thread will become academic on Friday. 

Meanwhile though, here is another scenario. Suppose it was QP in our position and ended up 1 point ahead of Albion with 1 goal better difference. The sanction for the 2 matches would mean that QP actually finish 10th and Albion finish 9th, despite actually drawing against Clyde whereas Albion lost! (someone check my maths) 

Just saying that the sanctions should be against the side at fault, and innocent parties should not be disproportionately affected. 

8 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Mercifully this bit of the thread will become academic on Friday. 

Meanwhile though, here is another scenario. Suppose it was QP in our position and ended up 1 point ahead of Albion with 1 goal better difference. The sanction for the 2 matches would mean that QP actually finish 10th and Albion finish 9th, despite actually drawing against Clyde whereas Albion lost! (someone check my maths) 

Just saying that the sanctions should be against the side at fault, and innocent parties should not be disproportionately affected. 

It’s all what ifs though isn’t it. What if Albion where to bring in some1 before our game on the 27th they win 1-0. A quick search on google for what happens when a team plays an ineligible player shows you that fifa rules state the team forfeits the match and the other team is awarded the 3-0 victory. What are we then pushing for? Are we happy that Albion would just be deducted there 3 points and we are still 1 point behind? Highly doubt it. This might seem strange why I am posting this and ofcourse we all want the same outcome on Friday. The problem is I can’t see it changing and can’t help but feel most of us will use this as the excuse as to why we finished 10th not the fact we have won 1 game since November Albion have won 3/4.  

12 hours ago, PELE said:

I think it's down to how much the Berwick team want to succeed. 

It's obviously down to ability as well. We are a better team so if we play to our capabilities on Saturday we should win. We certainly won't be lacking in motivation, we want to finish as high as possible.  The thought of losing to the team bottom of the league should be motivation enough, that's a depressing trip back up the road for players and supporters

Of course if the Berwick team that turned over Peterhead show up and we don't play well then I reckon they probably will beat us 

6 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

It’s all what ifs though isn’t it. What if Albion where to bring in some1 before our game on the 27th they win 1-0. A quick search on google for what happens when a team plays an ineligible player shows you that fifa rules state the team forfeits the match and the other team is awarded the 3-0 victory. What are we then pushing for? Are we happy that Albion would just be deducted there 3 points and we are still 1 point behind? Highly doubt it. This might seem strange why I am posting this and ofcourse we all want the same outcome on Friday. The problem is I can’t see it changing and can’t help but feel most of us will use this as the excuse as to why we finished 10th not the fact we have won 1 game since November Albion have won 3/4.  

In any walk of life, authorities should ensure as far as is possible, that innocent parties are not adversely affected by the punishment of the guilty. 

Meanwhile, anyone who thinks our potential relegation isn't because we are absolutely piss poor, is deluded. 

But, if the margin is fewer than 3 points the Clyde admin error is definitely relevant. The former though, very much outweighs the latter. 

Percentage chances of winning final four games very close. With a 1 point advantage, Albion Rovers favourites to finish 9th. Berwick don’t have an easier fixture list as some suggested. Prices to a 100% book.

Berwick 

Home vs Queens Park 17%

Away vs Clyde 8%

Home vs Albion Rovers 35%

Away vs Elgin 25%. = 85% 

Albion Rovers

Away vs Peterhead 8%

Home vs Edinburgh City 17%

Away vs Berwick 35%

Home vs Annan 30% = 90%

17 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

There are a few ways this could be settled without involving other teams and compromising the integrity of the league.

1- Reverse the walk over wins and simply dock 4 points from us.

2- Order a replay of the Albion match when the original offence took place and let the QP result stand as a draw. (Could be argued that the SPFL should have flagged the error by then anyway).

3- Suspend our points deduction until the start of next season and whatever league we are in start on -4 points.

Number 2  or 3 please.

23 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Percentage chances of winning final four games very close. With a 1 point advantage, Albion Rovers favourites to finish 9th. Berwick don’t have an easier fixture list as some suggested. Prices to a 100% book.

Berwick 

Home vs Queens Park 17%

Away vs Clyde 8%

Home vs Albion Rovers 35%

Away vs Elgin 25%. = 85% 

Albion Rovers

Away vs Peterhead 8%

Home vs Edinburgh City 17%

Away vs Berwick 35%

Home vs Annan 30% = 90%

Don't know about that, I'd 100 percent take QP+Clyde over Peterhead+City. Difficult to say anything about the Annan and Elgin matches, as both are the definition of silly season what with Annan resting up for the play-offs and Elgin having been playing dead rubbers for a few weeks already.

1 hour ago, Fergie1 said:

I’m not sure why the same punishment wasn’t issued to hearts, could it be down to the fact it was a youth player whos new contract hadn’t been registered properly? Rather than recalling a loan player out with the registered window? Unless someone can show me something else in black and white that says otherwise to the rules I have shown from FIFA then I’m afraid it will be very difficult for me to grasp mate yes.

Going back to this for a moment, the FIFA laws you've quoted apply to FIFA or UEFA competitions but other organisations can apply their own laws as they see fit. The link below shows the FA in England have the right to order a replay if they feel it is appropriate. Presumably, the SFA have similar laws, we just don't know what they are.

https://www.lawinsport.com/blog/littleton-chambers/item/when-is-there-a-right-to-replay-a-football-match-fifa-uefa-and-the-fa-laws-on-fielding-an-ineligible-player

Edited by Jaggy Snake

At the end of the day if Berwick go down by 3 points or 1 point it’s not down to the Clyde saga!!
It’s down to the fact they’ve had a shite season and that’s down to the board the players and the gaffer!!

Nah. That might be the reason we are shite and in a position that means this could affect us, but if we finish bottom by one point, the fact would remain that on the park over the course of a season we had picked up more points than Albion Rovers. Theres a debate about whether the decision is fair or not, but it’s not irrelevant as it would still be the reason for the difference between 9th and 10th.

It could happen at any position in any of the leagues. It doesn’t become any more or less fair at the bottom of League 2 because the two clubs have been poorly run, than it would if a similar scenario happened between Rangers and Celtic at the top of the Premiership.

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

Don't know about that, I'd 100 percent take QP+Clyde over Peterhead+City. Difficult to say anything about the Annan and Elgin matches, as both are the definition of silly season what with Annan resting up for the play-offs and Elgin having been playing dead rubbers for a few weeks already.

Queens Park only lost 2 of their last 9 and unbeaten in 4. Edinburgh have won 1 of their last 4 which was against us. 

Also Queens Park should really have had double figures in our recent Hampden meeting and we were flattered to lose 1-2 at Shielfield. The conditions levelled it a fair bit that night and we were second best all over the park. Clyde are simply streets ahead of us.  

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see us finding any joy in the next 180 mins.

Edited by Disc Potato

The authority's have fcuked up big time awarding AR a 3-0 win, correct me if I am wrong but AR where something like 7 points behind BR and were dead and buried, the psychological boost they gained is also significant as I believe they had only won one game all season at that point, oppositely it has effected BR also.

11 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

The authority's have fcuked up big time awarding AR a 3-0 win, correct me if I am wrong but AR where something like 7 points behind BR and were dead and buried, the psychological boost they gained is also significant as I believe they had only won one game all season at that point, oppositely it has effected BR also.

I was waiting on somebody using the psychological card. What a lot of nonsense, there recent run of victory’s is down to the players they have recruited, there manager making them harder to beat.  not a physiological boost 

11 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

You could also argue that it should have been the boot up the arse that Berwick needed: "Look guys they're only 4 points behind us now!".

A week or two back Albion's form over the last five games was second best in the SPFL2! They've still taken 9 points from the last 5 games; we've taken 3.

We play QP and Clyde next: currently the two teams with the best form over the last 5 games. Gulp!