Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

8 hours ago, sammyreidloyal said:

If Clyde were affected by say Peterhead getting three points awarded and it meant they lost the league, there would be holy hell to pay..being Berwick however, just saying.
It is not unfortunate Mr snake, it IS unfair AND unprecedented.

I’m sorry mate I am only stating facts from what I have read in the FIFA(the governing body of football in case you where unaware) disciplinary code. Something which I think every1 else seems to be ignoring. Hence the reason why I can’t really feel hard done by, more unfortunate. 

I think you have to give the 3 points to the opposition. Otherwise you can end up with the following situation:

Imagine that the points tallies are the same as they are now, so Albion are 1 point ahead of us. And imagine that the head to head is this Saturday, and it's the last game of the season. If you don't have the sanction of awarding 3 points to the side that plays by the rules, Albion could deliberately decide to field an ineligible player. So you *have* to give the points to the team that was wronged, otherwise you have a situation that effectively rewards cheating.

The same situation could happen at the top of the table, or in the last play-off place too.

I think you have to give the 3 points to the opposition. Otherwise you can end up with the following situation:
Imagine that the points tallies are the same as they are now, so Albion are 1 point ahead of us. And imagine that the head to head is this Saturday, and it's the last game of the season. If you don't have the sanction of awarding 3 points to the side that plays by the rules, Albion could deliberately decide to field an ineligible player. So you *have* to give the points to the team that was wronged, otherwise you have a situation that effectively rewards cheating.
The same situation could happen at the top of the table, or in the last play-off place too.
But there are other sanctions available to deal with this. Dock them 5 points? Relegate them, like Rangers a few years ago?

7 minutes ago, A12A1 said:
15 minutes ago, Alpha Gordini said:

But there are other sanctions available to deal with this. Dock them 5 points? Relegate them, like Rangers a few years ago?

Rangers weren't relegated. They were liquidated and the new club was placed in League Two. 

10 hours ago, David W said:

That's all that anyone is aware of and even then it's all came from second-hand comment; Clyde/the SPFL have not actually said anything about the situation. They haven't explained what the mistake was, why it was made, who made it, why it wasn't picked up by the second match. There's been no explanation of the sanction. 

From my point of view, it's hard to feel anything other than rage at the error being made, this season of all seasons. The punishment doesn't bother me at all.

Agree there has not been much information about how it came to light, did Clyde contact the SPFL to own up to it or did somebody at the SPFL notice there had been a breach of the rules. There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between the SPFL that run the leagues & the SFA which looks after the disciplinary side of things. 

2 hours ago, A12A1 said:

Grasping At Atraws GIF - Bobsburgers Fox Shark GIFs

Edited by The Minertaur

I’ll say it again the punishment for playing an ineligible player has always been docked 3 points,  not the result reversed this is new. Why? Who decided? Is it in the law no it’s totally ambiguous. A decent barrister would wipe the floor with this. 

Agree there has not been much information about how it came to light, did Clyde contact the SPFL to own up to it or did somebody at the SPFL notice there had been a breach of the rules. There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between the SPFL that run the leagues & the SFA which looks after the disciplinary side of things. 

There is no disconnect - SPFL have their eligibility rules, SFA handle registrations. Commit a breach of SPFL rules - they determine the penalty. If you appeal the penalty imposed by SPFL then it goes to SFA as the independent governing body for Scottish football

I’ll say it again the punishment for playing an ineligible player has always been docked 3 points,  not the result reversed this is new. Why? Who decided? Is it in the law no it’s totally ambiguous. A decent barrister would wipe the floor with this. 

Always been - you mean often been

If you fine the offending club, void the result and order a replay what exactly have they gained?

19 minutes ago, dougster said:

They reverse the result in cup competitions, don't they?

The ruling bodies need to make it consistent... wishful thinking, I know :)

The top and bottom of it is the fans just need to take a sit back and look at our points total.

Any other year we’d be well gone. This is the clubs own doing so stop hanging on excuses. It’s been coming for a good few years and the moment is finally arriving sadly.

If Berwick go down, sue Clyde for damages.
Sued and relegated for fielding an ineligible player [emoji23]

The two 3-0 defeats pretty much is a 5 point deduction as it has put us out of reach of Peterhead on goal difference if it came down to that.

The only reason we had to recall Fitzpatrick was because Goodwillie got injured against Berwick. Guessing we should sue them too.

49 minutes ago, dougster said:

This is now the 3rd/4th time this has been posted... F4512F7D-4EED-4AED-8535-B6A9AA0588C4.thumb.png.7283315746db10eef8673197b36f2447.png

Edited by Fergie1

1 hour ago, dougster said:

Hire one and take them to court then.

The only reason we had to recall Fitzpatrick was because Goodwillie got injured against Berwick. Guessing we should sue them too.

This is a much overlooked point, you only have yourselves to blame for injuring our talisman.

This is now the 3rd/4th time this has been posted... F4512F7D-4EED-4AED-8535-B6A9AA0588C4.thumb.png.7283315746db10eef8673197b36f2447.png

Why was this not applied in previous cases then including hearts vs cove earlier this very season?

This specific sanction has never been applied in our domestic game before to my knowledge.

You keep continually quoting FIFA guidelines which apply to FIFA competitions, these rules do not have to be adopted verbatim by all organisations.

Why is that so difficult for you to grasp?