Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

1 hour ago, A12A1 said:
1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:
Eh? Of course it’s the board’s job to pick a new manager. They will be privy to information fans aren’t aware of. What a ridiculous point to try and make. 

No, ridiculous is where you reply to a post you have not read properly, or don't wish to. After all it's so nice to indulge yourself in negativity and shun any responsibility.

Are you confusing me with someone else?

Situation seems plain to me.

Harvey has a contract doesn’t want to resign and lose money.

Football club don’t have the money to pay up for the duration of his contract, so won’t sack him.

P.S. I am glad he didn’t get the job at the Big Rose. See you next season guys in the LL

A word from the supporter who addressed the squad in the dressing room after the game

Hi All

I am the guy who went into the dressing room after the game.

I was shocked at the end result after what I thought was an very good first half and struggled to understand the change in fortunes from one half to another. One of the Annan officials said at half time that Berwick were the better side and that Annan were rattled - his words not mine.

I was not sure though what I would witness in the dressing room. As I approached the room there were certainly a lot of words being spoken.

What I saw in there was a lot of hurt, frustration and passion to find some solutions. There was no reluctant acceptance of what had happened, there was a lot of soul searching going on.

The team listened to my thoughts of what it means to be a Berwick fan and what it means to me and the others on the terracing at Annan, Berwick or wherever. My first recollection of being at home or away was chearing on Gordon Haig, must have been 1966 or 1967. No matter that's an aside.

The supporters at Annan were upset. That was magnified though many times in that dressing room.

I think what Andrew Fiddes says above [DB note; he said '
lets let’s try as hard as it is to stick together]' is correct, and is strengthened by what I saw in what was a highly charged changing room.

Let's stick together and support the team, OUR TEAM, over the next four games and see what we can get out of them.

The team know there are four games to go and it's in our hands because if we could win the four and one is against Albion Rovers then we would go above them, no matter what they do. So it is in our hands. We all need to believe. Remember the first half was great, there were some strange descions from the officials early in the second half, that changed the game. That's what happens when you are at the bottom.

However, I looked players in the eye and they looked back at me. They did not hang their heads in shame or sadness they looked straight back at me. As a supporter I could not ask for more than that. A defeated team would have avoided eye contact. This is not a defeated team, angry and frustrated yes, defeated no.

Apologies for this long note, and it just my view, but I was the only one who took up the offer from the gaffer and I'm glad I did.

Ken

Edited by DutchBorderer

A word from the supporter who addressed the squad in the dressing room after the game
Hi All

I was shocked at the end result after what I thought was an very good first half and struggled to understand the change in fortunes from one half to another. One of the Annan officials said at half time that Berwick were the better side and that Annan were rattled - his words not mine.

I was not sure though what I would witness in the dressing room. As I approached the room there were certainly a lot of words being spoken.

What I saw in there was a lot of hurt, frustration and passion to find some solutions. There was no reluctant acceptance of what had happened, there was a lot of soul searching going on.

The team listened to my thoughts of what it means to be a Berwick fan and what it means to me and the others on the terracing at Annan, Berwick or wherever. My first recollection of being at home or away was chearing on Gordon Haig, must have been 1966 or 1967. No matter that's an aside.

The supporters at Annan were upset. That was magnified though many times in that dressing room.

I think what Andrew Fiddes says above [DB note; he said 'lets let’s try as hard as it is to stick together]' is correct, and is strengthened by what I saw in what was a highly charged changing room.

Let's stick together and support the team, OUR TEAM, over the next four games and see what we can get out of them.

The team know there are four games to go and it's in our hands because if we could win the four and one is against Albion Rovers then we would go above them, no matter what they do. So it is in our hands. We all need to believe. Remember the first half was great, there were some strange descions from the officials early in the second half, that changed the game. That's what happens when you are at the bottom.

However, I looked players in the eye and they looked back at me. They did not hang their heads in shame or sadness they looked straight back at me. As a supporter I could not ask for more than that. A defeated team would have avoided eye contact. This is not a defeated team, angry and frustrated yes, defeated no.

Apologies for this long note, and it just my view, but I was the only one who took up the offer from the gaffer and I'm glad I did.

Ken

I like that. Good positive stuff.

As I see it we need two points from two games and then we can end it by beating Albion on 27th. Fingers crossed.

Hi All

I think what Andrew Fiddes says above [DB note; he said 'lets let’s try as hard as it is to stick together]' is correct, and is strengthened by what I saw in what was a highly charged changing room.

Ken

Top man, says it all.

16 minutes ago, A12A1 said:

As I see it we need two points from two games and then we can end it by beating Albion on 27th. Fingers crossed.

And if Albion take 6 points in those two games?

Edited by Muzza81

15 minutes ago, A12A1 said:

It’s very well being positive but how about some reality. We don’t have the quality to get us out of this, it’s that simple. 

And if Albion take 6 points in those two games?
You think that likely against Peterhead away and Edinburgh at home? Or did you just chuck it out there without checking or thinking?

I think us getting a point or two from our 2 next games is more likely. But it's all about opinion; I'm with Ken and A12A1. I'm not telling you who that's against though; maybe start a good pre-posting habit for you.

Just now, A Believer said:

You think that likely against Peterhead away and Edinburgh at home? Or did you just chuck it out there without checking or thinking?

I think us getting a point or two from our 2 next games is more likely. But it's all about opinion; I'm with Ken and A12A1. I'm not telling you who that's against though; maybe start a good pre-posting habit for you.

You seem very angry, VERY angry! I didn't chuck anything out without thinking, it is 3 points for a win, 2 games to play 2x3=6 so I did plenty thinking on that one!

Football is a funny game, your absolute shite beat Peterhead recently and we gave EC a real pumping so who knows? I mean if your support are settling for a mere 2 points from your next two games then it says more about you then it does me.

You seem very angry, VERY angry! I didn't chuck anything out without thinking, it is 3 points for a win, 2 games to play 2x3=6 so I did plenty thinking on that one!
Football is a funny game, your absolute shite beat Peterhead recently and we gave EC a real pumping so who knows? I mean if your support are settling for a mere 2 points from your next two games then it says more about you then it does me.
You are right in the sense that everything is speculation. The only certainty is that it's in Albion's hands not ours, but I would prefer our fixture list and we need 2 points more than them from 4 games. I would take us to get that.

Just now, A12A1 said:
9 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

You are right in the sense that everything is speculation. The only certainty is that it's in Albion's hands not ours, but I would prefer our fixture list and we need 2 points more than them from 4 games. I would take us to get that.

It is on your own hands. If you win every game you stay up.

I would settle for two points from the next two matches. Mostly because you could not get me to put money on us getting more than three against QP and Clyde, or Rovers getting more than 1 or 2 themselves. Our win against Peterhead was one of those rare planets-aligning occurrences, as evidenced by our and their form before and after that midweek match; I know Peterhead are considered bottle merchants, but I can't see them dropping points versus a Rovers side that got clobbered 4 to 0 by QP last week.

I mean if your support are settling for a mere 2 points from your next two games then it says more about you then it does me.

Have you seen our record over the past months? Can't blame a Berwick fan for being ever so slightly glum about our point scoring prospects over the next two weeks.

If we win every remaining game I promise to go see an Arbroath home game in December in my underwear; stringing four wins together now is such an unrealistic scenario that thinking, let alone talking, about it is pointless.

1 hour ago, Disc Potato said:

We have more chance of gaining 3pts on Albion Rovers on Friday than we do Saturday. Agg in 3 games vs Queens Park this season is 2-10.  

I hope your right but I honestly can’t see anything happening on Friday, how could the powers at be award Albion 3 points then take them back weeks later. That would be complete and utter madness. 

I would settle for two points from the next two matches. Mostly because you could not get me to put money on us getting more than three against QP and Clyde, or Rovers getting more than 1 or 2 themselves. Our win against Peterhead was one of those rare planets-aligning occurrences, as evidenced by our and their form before and after that midweek match; I know Peterhead are considered bottle merchants, but I can't see them dropping points versus a Rovers side that got clobbered 4 to 0 by QP last week.
I mean if your support are settling for a mere 2 points from your next two games then it says more about you then it does me.
Have you seen our record over the past months? Can't blame a Berwick fan for being ever so slightly glum about our point scoring prospects over the next two weeks.
If we win every remaining game I promise to go see an Arbroath home game in December in my underwear; stringing four wins together now is such an unrealistic scenario that thinking, let alone talking, about it is pointless.
You are right of course but then again at this stage in these circumstances strange things do happen. So Arbroath in December may yet beckon. Maybe we might book a coach.

6 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

I hope your right but I honestly can’t see anything happening on Friday, how could the powers at be award Albion 3 points then take them back weeks later. That would be complete and utter madness. 

Depends on how strong a case the Clyde legal team can present. Ought to ask the Bully Wee fans how they feel about their chances.

@A12A1 I'm feeling quite confident about not having to freeze my bollocks off, but then it is silly season as you say. Just another reason why it might go down to the wire on the final day of the season, with Rovers facing an Annan side that will be taking a breather ahead of the play-offs while we play holiday-bound Elgin.

Guest The Phoenix
1 hour ago, Fergie1 said:

It’s 2 different powers, isn’t it - SPFL decision being appealed through SFA Judicial Panel? 

3 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

We have more chance of gaining 3pts on Albion Rovers on Friday than we do Saturday. Agg in 3 games vs Queens Park this season is 2-10.  

Still think its terrible that both Albion and QP got the 3 points and 3-0 wins, take the points off Clyde for fucking up but don't give them to the other teams.

Indeed, angry to the degree of your football knowledge...zzzzzzzz...