Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

11 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I always thought he looked uncomfortable in his videos always touching his face and never looking straight into the camera.

That's the science behind it but at the root of it he wants to be full centre of attention  however that is playing out but for all the wrong reason. His personality defects however blind him to that fact.

I think it's a little bit much to psycho-analyze a semi-professional football manager's post-match interviews. Just a thought.

I would also never expect him to look into the camera, considering he's not reading out the news on the telly but rather talking to Dennis!

18 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

I think it's a little bit much to psycho-analyze a semi-professional football manager's post-match interviews. Just a thought.

I would also never expect him to look into the camera, considering he's not reading out the news on the telly but rather talking to Dennis!

I was meaning the away ones like  yesterday when the interviewer was out of shot and may have been behind the camera. 

32 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Only my view & experience based on methods  used  across a very wide commercial market at a range of levels, regard/disregard entirely up to you as you see fit. 

31 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Liar, trying to deceive,  narcissist.  etc etc.

This is way over the top on a football forum. The guy has a family who might read this.

Valid point, and I seen a post on Facebook last night that might have been a member of his family suggesting that we won’t find a more dedicated manager. 

I don’t doubt for one second JH is fully committed to the job, but unfortunately that isn’t enough and it’s a results driven business for a football manager as everyone is fully aware and JH has an abysmal record.  Unfortunately the negative comments/posts come with the nature of the job, and with the real possibility that the club might lose its league status these negative comments are only going to be heightened, but to remember it is certainly nothing personal just people who want the best for their football club. 

Valid point, and I seen a post on Facebook last night that might have been a member of his family suggesting that we won’t find a more dedicated manager. 
I don’t doubt for one second JH is fully committed to the job, but unfortunately that isn’t enough and it’s a results driven business for a football manager as everyone is fully aware and JH has an abysmal record.  Unfortunately the negative comments/posts come with the nature of the job, and with the real possibility that the club might lose its league status these negative comments are only going to be heightened, but to remember it is certainly nothing personal just people who want the best for their football club. 
Well said, everyone is entitled to opinion, and in my opinion, @Blue Oktober , however well intended has, perhaps inadvertently, crossed the line for a social media post.
@Fergie 1, you're spot-on, nothing on here should be personal, whether you support the current first team group or not. My view is not personal either in support of the status quo, albeit you keep calling me out to 'support the manager now'.

He's a major component in an engine that's not the best in quality of components. If you feel one component is sub-standard, you have a replacement (of equal or better quality) ready to swap them out. Remove it with no such replacement, the engine fails.

The part we need is a demonstrably experienced manager, that will immediately integrate with the other moving parts, all with individual complexities of skill and emotion, and improve performance.

I don't see all these critical boxes being ticked at this late stage so, for me; and I still think this group can maintain our league status, we stop pushing for 11th hour change (although god knows, everyone has the right to) and get behind our team, in it's current form and, to use the Trust mantra, be the 12th man.

Future? Who knows. I do know that next season's board have a sound plan with a sound fiscal core and realistic objectives. That element is building positively, IMHO again; who knows either whether Johnny will be part of that?

I admire the guys work ethic and passion; maybe Jaguar Parts Division will make an early season delivery. I'm just not sure we have the funds.

Well said, everyone is entitled to opinion, and in my opinion, @Blue Oktober , however well intended has, perhaps inadvertently, crossed the line for a social media post.
[mention=58734]Fergie[/mention] 1, you're spot-on, nothing on here should be personal, whether you support the current first team group or not. My view is not personal either in support of the status quo, albeit you keep calling me out to 'support the manager now'.

He's a major component in an engine that's not the best in quality of components. If you feel one component is sub-standard, you have a replacement (of equal or better quality) ready to swap them out. Remove it with no such replacement, the engine fails.

The part we need is a demonstrably experienced manager, that will immediately integrate with the other moving parts, all with individual complexities of skill and emotion, and improve performance.

I don't see all these critical boxes being ticked at this late stage so, for me; and I still think this group can maintain our league status, we stop pushing for 11th hour change (although god knows, everyone has the right to) and get behind our team, in it's current form and, to use the Trust mantra, be the 12th man.

Future? Who knows. I do know that next season's board have a sound plan with a sound fiscal core and realistic objectives. That element is building positively, IMHO again; who knows either whether Johnny will be part of that?

I admire the guys work ethic and passion; maybe Jaguar Parts Division will make an early season delivery. I'm just not sure we have the funds.
There seems to be a lot of panicking on here. Before JH arrived we seemed to be invariably 2-0 down before the 20 min mark. Saturday's first half was great and there's no way he could have known they would lose a quick goal in the second so he needed to prep them up about resilience and bouncing back. We can all be brilliant with hindsight.

My main point is that right now we have 4 games to go. We need to get behind the team. Nothing else matters.

1 hour ago, A Believer said:

@Fergie 1, you're spot-on, nothing on here should be personal, whether you support the current first team group or not. My view is not personal either in support of the status quo, albeit you keep calling me out to 'support the manager now'.

Probably more aimed at the fact I have been saying we need a change now for a while and every time you seem to have shot it down with claims of a knee jerk reaction, or blind sackings etc. When the actually fact that Harvey’s record is nothing short of disastrous. I just can’t understand how his sacking would be knee jerk or blind, or how on earth you don’t think a 6-0 defeat to annan (their biggest win since being introduced to the SPFL)  4 games from the end of the season isn’t critical or 1 win since mid November last year isn’t critical? 

I understand what your saying that we can’t sack him unless we have somebody waiting in the wings, but using engine references I would say the pistons are fucked and unless they are replaced the car isn’t going anywhere!!! 

As an outsider looking in on this, the craziest thing for me is that the board (and some of these posters) seem to be operating as if they aren’t aware that the LL exists.

It’s all fine and well sticking with someone that’s been horrific in the old ‘closed shop’ days pre 2015, where it was only prize money and bragging rights that were affected- but it’s a different landscape. And as most are stating, you can’t see a 90 min performance coming any time soon.

Cowden, despite finishing bottom twice, consistently showed real fight and dig towards this part of the season which went a long way to ensuring they survived the play off

I’d also add, what does anyone expect a new gaffer to do(if JH goes) They’re someone else’s players and it’s a tough ask to turn that around in essentially 4 games and less than ten training sessions.

Those of you who attend regularly, what changes would you make to formation, starting 11, tactics etc ? Because if they can’t be altered and the teams rotten either way, new gaffer ain’t gonna change that without new players ( which he can’t get)

If Harvey is still in charge come Saturday then the Board really need hanging and personally I think he will be. If he is it’ll tell us absolutely everything about the people who are in charge of running our club.

Interestingly enough the current Bonnyrigg Rose manager seems to be getting off lightly here. He talked a good game as much as Harvey has but left early enough  ? Did he foresee this mess  ? Looking at the future it could be a matter of time before Bonnyrigg are actually playing Berwick in the same league whether SPFL or LL  ? 

There seems to be a lot of panicking on here. Before JH arrived we seemed to be invariably 2-0 down before the 20 min mark. Saturday's first half was great and there's no way he could have known they would lose a quick goal in the second so he needed to prep them up about resilience and bouncing back. We can all be brilliant with hindsight.

The final score was 6-0 FFS, that’s all that matters. You sound as bad as the manager creaming yourselves over how good you were in the first half. If you lose 6-0 it tends to cloud over the first half performance.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Interestingly enough the current Bonnyrigg Rose manager seems to be getting off lightly here. He talked a good game as much as Harvey has but left early enough  ? Did he foresee this mess  ? Looking at the future it could be a matter of time before Bonnyrigg are actually playing Berwick in the same league whether SPFL or LL  ? 

A good point but now irrelevant as this team is Harvey's, only 3 players from Horn's last game were in that side on Saturday, 

5 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

The final score was 6-0 FFS, that’s all that matters. You sound as bad as the manager creaming yourselves over how good you were in the first half. If you lose 6-0 it tends to cloud over the first half performance.

Agreed, when it started to go tits up he sat back down in the dug out with his hands in his pockets, he waited until they scored another until he changed things, too little too late. 

The lack of comment from the club looks like they are going to take the gamble and keep him, I hope they are are right, i really do 

Yes it does tend to cloud over things initially, but whatever we do in life we all have our 0-6 days. It is not 'all that matters'. What matters is that we pick ourselves up off the floor and get behind the team. There's only a month to go now. The first half showed what they can do. We need to cheer the team over the line.

50 minutes ago, A12A1 said:
2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Yes it does tend to cloud over things initially, but whatever we do in life we all have our 0-6 days. It is not 'all that matters'. What matters is that we pick ourselves up off the floor and get behind the team. There's only a month to go now. The first half showed what they can do. We need to cheer the team over the line.

Beggars belief some of your comments, and looks very likely you are actually Harvey or somebody close to him. We all have our 6-0 days??

i keep hearing people say they have seen glimpses of how good our team can be, any1 who knows a thing about football knows all teams will have spells or glimpses in football where they look half decent. But in reality we have won ONE game of football since November, ONE game of football in 21, I’m sorry but there comes a time when it can’t be defended. The manager is so far out of his depth and unfortunately it is nothing more than laziness from the club that they will sit back and hope he can scrape a result against Albion, rather than take action. Sad set of affairs really. Just letting the club die.