Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

21 minutes ago, dougster said:

Don't think that really matters, they were given the opportunity, it's up to them to take it. Jack Cook is one that springs to mind

About one of the only positives this season. Think he’s been really good, got better with each game. Had his moments of course, but that’s to be expected with a youngster.

On 02/04/2019 at 22:29, Disc Potato said:

Jeez, this is a big blow. 

Daniel and his team can be proud of what they have achieved. 

Will the last person out turn off the lights. 

We need to find a buyer ASAP.

A big blow! All the best Derek, Daniel and Mark.

An absolute disgrace and the final nail. 

Harvey has to go now, he couldn't motivate this lot to win a game of tiddlywinks. 

4 games left and surely anybody would be a better bet than Johnny Harvey. Absolutely anybody, including any passing seagull. 

If he doesn't have the grace to realise he has completely lost the plot and resign, he should be sacked. Tonight. 

I'm not defending anyone here, but here's some observations.
We never get anything away to Annan.
I didn't think we'd end today still 1 point behind.
We're still well in it, with fixtures suggesting to me that as Rovers have Peterhead away and Edin City at home, we'll still be (at worst) 1 point behind when they come to Shielfield.
Who in their right mind would take the job (with the credentials to do better - no seagull cracks please....[emoji6])
Seriously, today was a shock after 0-0 at half time with broadly equal possession and goal attempts; but I'd still back this group to get the job done over a blind sacking and further disruption at this stage (unless the much vaunted John Hughes takes the job: aye right....)

He has to go, and it has to be now. Any later is wasting in time and matches when a new manager could be working out how to set up the team before Albion Rovers come to town. Not to mention the playoff if it comes to that.

We should be scraping for our lives. We lay down last week and shipped 6 in a half today. How can anyone trust that Harvey will get the best out of these players now.

37 minutes ago, A Believer said:

I didn't think we'd end today still 1 point behind.
We're still well in it, with fixtures suggesting to me that as Rovers have Peterhead away and Edin City at home, we'll still be (at worst) 1 point behind when they come to Shielfield.
Who in their right mind would take the job (with the credentials to do better - no seagull cracks please....emoji6.png)
Seriously, today was a shock after 0-0 at half time with broadly equal possession and goal attempts; but I'd still back this group to get the job done over a blind sacking and further disruption at this stage (unless the much vaunted John Hughes takes the job: aye right....)

Again probably a cheap dig at me there when I simply made a suggestion after you where very persistent on an answer to who we could bring in. Seriously have to question your opinion here... a blind sacking??? We’re fucking bottom of the table with 4 games remaining and have just been scudded 6-0! What sort of confidence is in amongst that dressing room right now? Again as I said last week people keep harping on about effort, I’m sorry but at this level of football you don’t get scudded twice in the space of 2 months by a SIX goal margin if every player is giving maximum effort, there isn’t that big a gulf in quality. But 1 thing we probably can agree on is who in there right mind would want to come in now? But on the same hand I think the chairman himself could probably set up a team better. There’s no chance Albion will pick up points against Peterhead who we beat 2-0 and edin city who after today will be on a bit of a downer considering they’ll know they’ve chucked the league and are just waiting for the play offs to start. And to say we never get anything at Annan anyway as a way of accept today’s defeat... crazy! We are in a dog fight to save the club here that’s how serious it is, so I’m afraid I expect the manager to set up a team that at least has a bit fight in them! 

I’m going to wait until I calm down before I give a game report but when we go 2-0 down, the last thing you expect is your manager  to sit down in the dug out with his hands in his pockets. Where was the direction where was the gee  up where was any semblance of leadership? I’ll say no more for now except he has to go, sorry. 

I'm really hoping Berwick Rangers stay up but with this kind of defeatist attitude about the club, I fear you're going down.

Fucking hell, that interview.

Summary: He's not going anywhere but at least if Berwick get relegated to the Lowland League, you can look back at that glorious afternoon where you played alright for 45 minutes and got to half time drawing 0-0 with the mighty Annan.

When Barry Ferguson looked set to take us to last place we got rid of him, though much earlier in the season, and put two players in charge (Peaso & JP McGovern). We were still poor but that did give us some improvement. Surely Berwick have to get rid of Harvey regardless of the replacement.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Blah blah blah same old shite
I believe JH is the man for the job. We need to get behind him. Carping is no good to anyone.

JH did not dig the hole the club is in it was there when he arrived. He had a good record in his previous job so the notion he can't motivate a team is absurd. The team is miles better than when he arrived but their luck has been abysmal.

The first half today was great. I don't know what JH said to them at half time but there is no way he could have foreseen how the second half was going to start so it's not his fault. If the first goal had come
at the end of the first half rather than beginning of the second he would have got them sorted. The timing was just sheer bad luck again.

I can't see Albion avoiding defeat in their next two games against Peterhead and Edinburgh. So that means they have 2 games left to save themselves and we have 4.

So it's not all bad! Cheer up!

(And so far as I am aware Jose Mourinho is unavailable).

2 minutes ago, A12A1 said:

I believe JH is the man for the job. We need to get behind him. Carping is no good to anyone.

JH did not dig the hole the club is in it was there when he arrived. He had a good record in his previous job so the notion he can't motivate a team is absurd. The team is miles better than when he arrived but their luck has been abysmal.

The first half today was great. I don't know what JH said to them at half time but there is no way he could have foreseen how the second half was going to start so it's not his fault. If the first goal had come
at the end of the first half rather than beginning of the second he would have got them sorted. The timing was just sheer bad luck again.

I can't see Albion avoiding defeat in their next two games against Peterhead and Edinburgh. So that means they have 2 games left to save themselves and we have 4.

The way Edinburgh City looked today I wouldn't be too certain they would beat Albion Rovers at Cliftonhill.

Friend of the family ??

29 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The way Edinburgh City looked today I wouldn't be too certain they would beat Albion Rovers at Cliftonhill.

Don't know about that. They still could have had another goal or two and Rovers look unlikely to score more than 1. How did Henderson miss the sitter?